Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100423 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #510 on: November 23, 2009, 07:04 AM »
It was fun to see a game at Lambeau. Kind of a boring game until the Pack let the Niners back in it in the fourth quarter, but still fun.

Justin- I have to ask. How has Green Bay allowed "Lombardi St/Ave" to also be Country Road VK? That seems wrong to me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 30, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Looking forward to the great MNF match up tonight.  Should be a Hell of a game.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 11:00 AM by John C »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 30, 2009, 11:32 AM »
Last night's Steelers/Ravens game was a fun one to watch.  Didn't really care about the outcome, but would have been nice if Rice or Mendenhall had scored.  Both run games were really solid.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2009, 10:04 PM »
I thought it was a good game, too.  Dixon had a nice game considering the circumstances and opponent.  I could have used a Ray Rice TD. . .let's just say I need Brees to throw a few more TD's tonight.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 1, 2009, 09:43 AM »
It was fun to see a game at Lambeau. Kind of a boring game until the Pack let the Niners back in it in the fourth quarter, but still fun.

Justin- I have to ask. How has Green Bay allowed "Lombardi St/Ave" to also be Country Road VK? That seems wrong to me.

Glad you had a good time.  I don't know how road naming works - I assume they gave the road a second name and had to keep the original, but it does sound goofy.  I'm curious to know if anyone has defaced the street signs for Brett Favre Pass.   :o
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 1, 2009, 10:50 AM »
I thought it was a good game, too.  Dixon had a nice game considering the circumstances and opponent.  I could have used a Ray Rice TD. . .let's just say I need Brees to throw a few more TD's tonight.

Was five TDs enough for you?

;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 1, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Yeah, another crazy Monday night for me again. 

Down by 16, I have Brees, opponent has Welker (PPR league).  Really had no business winning that one. . .

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 7, 2009, 06:58 AM »
Always love when we beat the Patriots! :) 8)  Can't believe we still have a shot at the division title. :o  Wish we had beat the Bills last week, since then we would be in first now, but oh well.  Go Dolphins!!! :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 7, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Ah December, that time of year when I as a Cowboys fan pick a new team to follow through the end of the season and the playoffs, since in the Cowboys' minds the season only lasts till Thanksgiving.

I am sure they are celebrating their loss with plans for trips to Mexico or Vegas or Canton (not the Hall of Fame, the little town East of Dallas with the worlds largest flea market)...

I will gladly suffer through 2 seasons of 1-15 if we can blow the whole thing up.  I grow tired of about 90% of the team and 99% of the Coaching staff.

Teams are lining up now to reserve the December games against the Cowboys. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 7, 2009, 02:38 PM »
I will gladly suffer through 2 seasons of 1-15 if we can blow the whole thing up.  I grow tired of about 90% of the team and 99% of the Coaching staff.

It's not as fun as it sounds.  I'm sitting here praying the Bucs won't win another game and that the Rams and Browns will so Tampa can have the 1st overall pick to use on Suh.

It's not pleasant at all.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #520 on: December 7, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Anyone see EJ Henderson's leg break last night?  And so went the chance of any Vikings Super Bowl appearance :'(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 7, 2009, 03:20 PM »
Anyone see EJ Henderson's leg break last night?  And so went the chance of any Vikings Super Bowl appearance :'(

I did.  Youch.  They were in rough shape before that happened, but that was certainly a huge blow.  Nice to see Favre flustered a little bit - that's vintage Favre for us Packer fans.  The Vikes didn't do much to win that game, but it really looked to me like the Cardinals were playing 99% mistake free.  Their offense was clicking at its best, they took Allen out of the game, and the defense was all over the place.  Despite the loss of EJ (and that is a HUGE loss for them), I think having another loss right now helps bring the team back to Earth.  Hopefully it adds a little fire under them for the next four weeks. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #522 on: December 7, 2009, 08:05 PM »
I hope the Giants keep playing like they did yesterday.  The talent is all there, but they play so inconsistently!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Steelers pretty much wrote themselves out of the playoff picture tonight.  Not sure who I'm rooting for right now but I like MN a lot.  Partially because I think they're a well rounded team, but also I really like watching Favre at his age play like that.

The Steelers...  meh, they stunk it up.  If they bring the same o-line back next year I predict similar results.  The secondary needs a huge shake-up too, if they're this reliant on one person to do the work for them.  Everyone's predicting Reed's gone too...  I'm hopeful of that at this point because he's reliable but he's also a total tool locally.  OC job may be wide open too after this season.  3rd and 1 and they passed tonight.  Unbelievable.  They went from a team that owned Denver, to a team that couldn't be 3 of the worst teams in the league (and hats off to all 3 of them).  It was nice tonight to have the Penguins to watch instead.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2009, 12:33 AM »
Sorry about the loss Jesse... I'm secretly glad because the Browns just fell behind the Bucs in the Suh Sweepstakes.