Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 100434 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Regular Season 2009
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02 AM »
Thanks Adrian for another cough up. You cost us the game.  >:(

But he's the greatest Runningback of all time?!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2009, 12:04 AM »
Thanks Adrian for another cough up. You cost us the game.  >:(

I was just thinking as he was carrying that one: "Don't ******* fumble! Go out of bounds! Don't try to fight through the tacklers!"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2009, 12:10 AM »
No, no, I would never do that...but man, they were the same road team for 2.5 quarters.  THat AP fumble didn't cost them the game...it just cemented another road debacle.  Have fun in Philadelphia ::)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2009, 07:04 AM »
I don't know how the Vikings got so bad so fast. And I don't want to hear it's Favre in December.

And whether AP cost us the game or not, it was fitting his fumble set up the game winning touchdown.

I hope the Patriots showing this weekend was a sign of things to come but I have a feeling my Vikings Patriots Super Bowl hope isn't just now my Vikings Patriots one and done playoffs.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I don't know how the Vikings got so bad so fast. And I don't want to hear it's Favre in December.

And whether AP cost us the game or not, it was fitting his fumble set up the game winning touchdown.

I hope the Patriots showing this weekend was a sign of things to come but I have a feeling my Vikings Patriots Super Bowl hope isn't just now my Vikings Patriots one and done playoffs.

It's Favre in December.   ;D  I think it's actually just an inept Chili, but Favre in December is a good excuse.  He's 40, he does zero training camp work, and he doesn't even stretch before games.  I don't know about Brett, but I'm sure I'd be getting a little tired 4 months in. 

As for your Patriots, the prophecy may yet be true...

Nah, we'll see a remake of the '96 Super Bowl.  Packers 31 - Patriots 28.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #545 on: January 3, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Vikes Pack rematch in the NFC Championship??  Thanks to the Cowboys for getting the Vikings the bye.  Plus a home game.  I really think they have a chance to win that first one, it is going on the road to NO that scares me.  Although the Saints have sort of pissed the bed ala the Purple and Gold.  Should be an exciting playoff!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 3, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Cowboys / Chargers. 

LT finally gets a ring this year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 3, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Vikes Pack rematch in the NFC Championship??  Thanks to the Cowboys for getting the Vikings the bye.  Plus a home game.  I really think they have a chance to win that first one, it is going on the road to NO that scares me.  Although the Saints have sort of pissed the bed ala the Purple and Gold.  Should be an exciting playoff!

More like thanks to the Eagles.  So funny to hear all the pre-game talk about how the Eagles are the most complete team in the NFC...maybe not.  I think both the Vikes and Packers looked pretty dominant today, so would be fun to see a rematch.  Both the Cardinals and Patriots looked pretty rough today.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #548 on: January 3, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Obviously I'm disappointed in the Steelers, but they **** the bed they made all on their own with 3 losses in a row to woefully inferior teams.  Still though, this season I think may be one of the most up-in-the-air playoffs in ages in the NFL, so I'm kind of intrigued and anxious to watch too.

Good luck to everyone's favorites though...  I'm going to wait a bit before I make my own picks, but I've liked MN a lot all year.  I also like NO a lot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #549 on: January 4, 2010, 12:29 AM »
We were at the Broncos vs Chiefs game today....75% of it was pretty good.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 4, 2010, 12:43 AM »
We were at the Broncos vs Chiefs game today....75% of it was pretty good.

I assume that's not the 75% where the Chiefs were scoring?  That game cost me a perfect record on the season in survival football for this year as I took the Broncos (foolish). 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 4, 2010, 09:03 AM »
What a crappy slate of games yesterday. . .

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 4, 2010, 04:37 PM »
What a crappy slate of games yesterday. . .

Yeah, nice that we'll get to see a bunch of the exact same games this coming weekend. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 4, 2010, 04:41 PM »
It's Favre in December.   ;D  I think it's actually just an inept Chili, but Favre in December is a good excuse.  He's 40, he does zero training camp work, and he doesn't even stretch before games.  I don't know about Brett, but I'm sure I'd be getting a little tired 4 months in. 

Ohhhhhhh, is that why he threw four more TD's while wrapping up the #2 seed yesterday?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #554 on: January 4, 2010, 05:02 PM »
The key here is that they will play inside for both NFC games if they win and in Miami for the Super Bowl.  I think Favre in the cold in December is the problem