Author Topic: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter  (Read 86546 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2009, 02:53 PM »
Is the yellow ladder supposed to connect to something on the side of the ship?  There are small slots on the back of the ladder, but no corresponding pegs added to the ship mold that I can find to secure it.  Since the side of the X-Wing at the cockpit where the ladder should theoretically go is angled with no real "ledge" to rest it against, I can't figure out a way to display it with Wedge climbing the ladder, as it falls right over.

The yellow ladder doesn't connect to anything. Those vestigial slots were present on the ladder when this was originally going to be released in the Saga Deluxe line along with the beefy Rebel Ground Crewman.

As for the placement of the ladder and using ANH as a reference, the yellow one is used by the Ground crewman for while they are prepping the various X-Wings and Y-Wings. Thus the red ladder is for the pilots to board their respective ships. The only instance I recall a pilot using the yellow ladder is when Luke is climbing out after his return to the base on Yavin.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 03:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2009, 08:39 PM »
I picked this up a couple of days ago.  It was good to see an exclusive in relatively decent supply.  Although I'm sure that the scalper shop in my area that makes a point of cleaning out the exclusives from the local stores will see to that soon enough.  To that end, please do not patronize ToyWiz.com as this is how they stock their SW exclusives.

I'm going to have to wait a little while to open this one.  My collecting room is a work in progress, and while I'm really eager to get my Yavin Rebel Hangar together, it's going to take a little while.

That being said, I think it's a great set.  Although it would be nice to see Wedge with the appropriate astromech.  The one thing that keeps puzzling me?  Why Hasbro doesn't want to put Wedge out in the Basic Figure line on a single card.  Perhaps they'll do that at long last for one of the TESB waves next year, with a Snowspeeder pilot Wedge.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2009, 09:03 PM »
I picked this up a couple of days ago.  It was good to see an exclusive in relatively decent supply.  Although I'm sure that the scalper shop in my area that makes a point of cleaning out the exclusives from the local stores will see to that soon enough.  To that end, please do not patronize ToyWiz.com as this is how they stock their SW exclusives.

I've heard plenty about BBTS stealing all the WM MP Screamers from local stores a few years back so this doesn't suprise me, but it may have just been rumors.  Never once though did I see him at retail, but Target is pretty good at their own stuff as I'm in their home town.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2009, 12:43 AM »
Picked this up here locally this weekend...  ANyone need an X-Wing? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18 AM »
The sale of this goes until mid October. Good deal. Maybe I'l have some clone cash by then to get another.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:13 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2009, 11:58 AM »
The sale o this goes until mid October. Good deal. Maybe I'l have some clone cash by then to get another.

That's good. I might have made my decision to pick up up by then.  :P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Picked mine up today.  With the 'sale', and a combo of Clone Cash and Target coupons, I got it for $35.  Very fair price.  I especially like the diorama the package offers - it has plenty of room for the Yavin Hanger cart and other rebels.   :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2009, 01:58 AM »
I've seen it but haven't bought it. The $45 is a meh for me. Like the vehicle though - plus a figure and a ladder? I should pick this up. Wasn't this set to commemorate something special for ROTJ?? Don't remember - I think I heard Hasbro say in a Q/A something to this effect.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13 PM »
I've seen it but haven't bought it. The $45 is a meh for me. Like the vehicle though - plus a figure and a ladder?

Two ladders my fried...Two ladders.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2009, 02:35 PM »
What's truly mind blowing is the price some of these figures are selling for alone on eBay. I mean I saw a Wedge that ended at $61!!!  :o

People b!tch and complain about $45 (no offense to anyone as I haven't bought one and I b!tch myself) yet some others are willing to shell 60 clams for just Wedge. I just don't get it, and I'm not sure I ever will.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2009, 02:38 PM »
What's truly mind blowing is the price some of these figures are selling for alone on eBay. I mean I saw a Wedge that ended at $61!!!  :o

That's outrageous. Maybe if you are high on crack when you are buying stuff on ebay that kind of thing happens.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JES

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Hell, I think if crack were involved you'd still not lay down 61 clams. Shoot that can probably cop you a decent crack haul.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 5, 2009, 10:08 AM »
I opened mine up to find that both of the laser cannons are the same. Hasbro doesn't have spare parts for the exclusives, so I have to return and exchange it.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2009, 02:09 PM »
I was fiddling with the laders last night, turns out you can snap them together with the bottom of the red ladder slipping into the slots of the yellow, making some kind of half bridge. They are clearly meant to fit together I just can't figure out why.

Also you can slip the top of he red ladder in the slots to make a fairly insecure step ladder.

Picked up a second X-Wing added a little red stripe to each wing to make Red 3 (Biggs).
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Although I'm happy to have Wedge's ship, part of me is thinking that I should have waited for a possible clearance.  Our local store still has a pile of them on an endcap (I think I may have bought the only one so far), and unless holiday sales are good, I could see this one getting marked down pretty good.