Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81908 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #270 on: May 21, 2006, 11:38 PM »
Jared, thanks for the info. I checked my order and it actually was 4/19 and based on what you said I think I am still in the safety window.
I don't mind waiting 3 weeks after they hit retail if it means that I don't have to hunt em done. I'm so swamped right now that hunting has to take a back seat. To be true, as I've said elsewhere, it is cheaper for me right now to order a case from EE, then to waste  the gas to get the items. Here's hoping I see em by the end of June!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #271 on: May 21, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Wow- Jared, as always, those pictures are great! 

Now I just have to find a way to rig up that training remote with this Luke and the Blast Shield Helmet from the FF Luke.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Yeah Jared, great photos as always...  Highest quality on the net, far superior to what else is out there. 

That paintjob's iffy to me.  The head's paint just seems off to me, and I prefer the old Luke's paintjobs in the comparison photo.

The chest is really neat...  I like the details.  I guess the training remote isn't removable though?  That's a bummer.  I thought it was going to be...  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Well I am going for the poncho anyway.  But yeah, that is odd to include those items molded into the trunk.  LOL.  What is the point of that?  Look I can not get those items out of the trunk.  Okay?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2006, 09:18 AM »
Thanks for the pictures Jared. The accessories are enough for me to buy an opener. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Great pic, Jared! I'll be grabbing some openers of this set.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Great pics, as always Jared.  Thanks for those.  I'm really looking forward to this wave, and although I could use the break from spending, I am ready to pick them up :P.  Its nice to see that the "lipstick painting" on Luke doesn't seem to be nearly the issue as it was when loose pics first surfaced of this wave.  The Luke overall looks pretty nice, and the poncho and other accessories look sweet too.  Looking forward to seeing more pics of this wave :).

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2006, 07:44 PM »
So are they out?I might have my friend look for R5 as well,with Cody & Biker.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2006, 08:12 PM »
I'm not sure about Luke- I like the commtech body except the lack of wrist articulation, but I really don't like this head better than the commtech head. It's okay... but it's not amazing. The commtech head looks like Luke in ESB to me though, so it's not quite perfect for ANH either.

What really botehrs me about this head though, is that his lips seem to be brown- the same color as his hair. Why? ??? Why not leave them skin tone? As it is he reminds me of my old mid '90s-era Bend-em's Luke.

I could swear I'd seen pictures of commtech Luke that didn't have the boot paint on the knees like in the comparison picture... but if they all do, then that is a good point of improvement on this new Luke. Actually, other than the lips the paint is good as a whole.

The accessories though... they seem to really make this figure. The poncho looks very nice, and I love that box- the pilot headset is a wonderful little touch, and the training ball thing is appreciated as well (although I would've liked a removeable one even better).

But the lightsabers aren't as cool as they could be; Obi Wan's should be removeable, and Luke's is kinda... simple. There's no paint, no hole, and it doesn't fit on his belt... I wouldn't complain about owning it but it's not the epitomy of awesomeness either. I would've liked to see an ignited saber or a removeable blade here, too- heck, just reprint the saber from Evolutions Anakin and it'd be cooler.

He looks kind of cool, but buying it isn't too high on my priorities list :/ R5, though, I'll be getting as soon as I can afford to I think.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2006, 09:03 PM »
So are they out?I might have my friend look for R5 as well,with Cody & Biker.

Not yet. Jared has a "connection."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Wow!

The articulation sucks, but that sculpt just blows the old one away!    :)

I love the fact that he's now wearing some pants instead of the short-shorts.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2006, 11:41 PM »
The accessories though... they seem to really make this figure.

Yeah, I really think the accessories do push him into must-have territory. I've been wanting a poncho forever, and that trunk is just too cool. They really did put everything in that was needed to pull off another Tatooine Luke rehash. The only accessory that disappoints me is the saber (which does have black paint on the grips, although barely). It's not a huge issue though since 10 billion ROTS Anakin rehashes leaves plenty of better sabers to replace this one with.  :)

The figure itself is just sort of "meh" to me. I like the headsculpt for the most part. The articulation, though, is just outdated by the six-plus years since the figure's first release.

I'm slowly working through opening the rest of the figures from the wave, as well. So far I think Garindan is the winner as far as new figures goes, and R5 has a cool surprise in him (easy to guess, but cool that they did it nonetheless). I'm not as pleased with the SA Sandtrooper as I thought I would be once he was freed from the packaging (though I imagine I'll be in the minority in that sentiment). Momaw looks great but has 1998 era articulation, and Hem is just knee joints short of being on the level of the 2005 Cantina Aliens wave.

Han and Vader remain entombed in their rehash vessels for now. ;)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Nice! What I reall like is the smirk. Gives him character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Jared, great photos of the new Momaw Nadon...  The figure's actually really true to the West End Games miniature in its pose and the staff and such...  That's kind of cool in its own right.

That stand he comes with is really cool too...  That's a better accessory than an oversized hand cannon for sure. :)

That said, I am highly disappointed in the articulation...  6 points total...  For $7?  Come on Hasbro, sheesh...  That sucks.

Great sculpt, an improvement no doubt over either sculpt...  Not a figure I was clamoring for a resculpt on though, so I'm a little disappointed to see Hasbro only improved the looks and didn't make this a better toy...  This year's continuing its trend of underwhelming toys and pretty statues. 

I will say though, it'll be nice displaying this Momaw with his past incarnations.  It's like the VTSC Greedo figure...  i don't feel compelled to retire the others, but instead just slip them in as background Rodians.  The same will go with Momaw here...  The past two sculpts are so different they'll make good background Ithorians while this new Momaw will be the Hammerhead in my bar.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Here's a shocker... Garindan is pretty cool! Notice that the radio fits into a holster on his left hip.