Author Topic: jokabofe's customs updated 5/10 - Ultimate Vader and Anakin  (Read 17375 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's customs updated 9/2
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2005, 03:16 PM »
Jokabofe, for the Bacara you could use a #41 ROTS Clone body rather than an AOTC Clone body.  I believe they are more white and the color would be a closer match for you.

:P

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2005, 03:26 PM »
Good stuff, that ARC is going to be one of the best yet.  I would definitely use the Ep. II style helmet.

As for your repainted red clone commander, I would reduce the red paint on his torso - I think he has too much coloring.  Maybe some 501st style chest lines or paint him how you painted the ARC trooper's torso (below the pectoral armor). 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's customs updated 9/6
« Reply #17 on: September 6, 2005, 01:06 AM »
So, I got a chance to finish up my SA ARC Trooper this evening. After hearing Darth_Ennis' comments about soft goods, and there not being any... it gave me an idea. I had a few of the Darth Maul capes from the Episode 1 Accessory packs, so I cut one up. I cut off the skirt from the belt that was on the ARC and glued on two small strips of the Maul cape in their place. I'm kinda digging the way it came out.

click to enlarge

I thought about painting the edges of the skirt in the blue to match the helmet/armor, but after testing it on a scrap, the blue I used is pretty dark, and you can barely notice it was there. I also ended up painting the visor on the helmet in silver, because you couldn't even see the black that was there after I added the blue trim.

Let me know what you guys think.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 6, 2005, 07:31 AM »
WOW! that's freakin' awsome! :o. Cool usin the soft goods and I like the paint scheme.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #19 on: September 6, 2005, 07:54 AM »
That looks great!  I really like the softgoods skirt and the silver visor - nice touches! 
Those gauntlets came out really well, this is a great custom all around  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 6, 2005, 05:12 PM »
That paint looks nice! What kind of paints are those

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 6, 2005, 08:38 PM »
That paint looks nice! What kind of paints are those

The Blue is from "Anita's All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paints" and the rest are all from Citadel Miniatures.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 7, 2005, 12:17 AM »
I'm liking the ARC trooper so far. The soft goods look sweet, and are a very nice touch.

There are no soft goods there. I just re-painted the skirt that came with the ARC already  ;)

cool arc. What did u use for the gauntlets?

They are from the Clone Wars Anakin figure, or the Mace... one of them. I just repainted them in "Mithril Silver" from Citadel.

Thanks guys  ;D

Dang, right when I see this I find ONE of my anakin clone wars gauntlets but can't find the other. Just my luck, eh?

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 8, 2005, 12:08 AM »
Nice job on the accessorizing, and the paint lines are crisp and clean.  I LIKE this one a lot!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 8, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Nice job on the accessorizing, and the paint lines are crisp and clean.  I LIKE this one a lot!

Thanks. A little "cheat" for getting nice crisp lines that I use is this: after the paint has dried, I take a nice sharp exacto knife and scrape away any paint that doesn't belong where it is. It works great, as long as you don't have paint layered over paint, because it will take off both layers if you do. As long as the paint is over the figure - in this case the helmet and armor of the Clone - it works like a charm  ;)

And it's much easier to make nice crisp straight lines that way than trying to paint them on nice and crisp and straight.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 8, 2005, 02:27 AM »
WOW very nice on the ARC Trooper Dave  *thumbs up* 8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 8, 2005, 02:05 PM »
Yeah, Dave. Brilliant work! Very detailed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: September 8, 2005, 03:06 PM »
Excellent looking ARC Dave!

At first I didn't like the blue on the stomach, but it is really growing on me. I LOVE the softgood skirt. You did a great job fitting it so it is the right size. The back pouches came out a great color, they look really sharp. I really like the silver visor, it makes it stand out from most ARC customs, I've seen. Great attention to detail.

I hope this little "bug" of yours turns into a full born plague. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 8, 2005, 03:22 PM »
At first I though he was wearing parachute pants. Then I realized its just the gun in the background. These look nice. I especially like the trim and the gauntlets. Are you going to make a red version?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2005, 10:08 PM »
At first I though he was wearing parachute pants. Then I realized its just the gun in the background. These look nice. I especially like the trim and the gauntlets. Are you going to make a red version?

Parachute pants? LOL...

As for the Red version? Yeah, I had a blast making this one, so if I can get my hands on the pieces for another, I've got a Red version (and maybe another one if I have enough gauntlets) lined up. Might not be for a few weeks, though, as I've got a pretty full schedule coming up in the near future.