Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143172 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2007, 02:07 PM »
I stuck with my guns and got the BB version with the "free" Robot Heroes. 

Are they really free when you have to pay $29.99 for the deluxe version?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2007, 09:03 PM »
registered to win the Bumblebee Camaro when I got back to work!

:o  Are they giving away the real car when it's released in '09?  Or am I getting way too excited?

Not just 1, they are giving away 3!  :D
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2007, 09:45 AM »
I'll probably be hitting Target today, so hope to pick up the DVD.  Does anyone know, does Target offer the "normal" 2-disc edition as well?  The Transforming case is neat and all, but honestly I just want a package that looks normal on our DVD shelves :P - but I want to get the 2 disc "special edition".

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2007, 10:52 AM »
I stuck with my guns and got the BB version with the "free" Robot Heroes. 

Are they really free when you have to pay $29.99 for the deluxe version?

That's what quotations are for my friend...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2007, 01:21 PM »
Grabbed the HD version at Circuit City yesterday for $14.99  ;D

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2007, 06:35 PM »
I bought the regular disc for $15.99 at Target along with the Bumblebee 2-pack for $15.99, and I got the $5 gift card for buying the two together.  The 2-pack is sweet and I can't wait to watch the movie again.  :)

John

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 3, 2008, 05:48 PM »
Lots of new unique robots in Transformers 2 says Bay.

I suppose we'll be seeing lots of new soda dispensers, cell phones, and ipods in the sequel rather than more of the original lineup or god forbid a combiner/gestalt.   :-\

....just thought I'd throw some bad karma before I start hearing everybody trash the sequel.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2008, 06:28 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 3, 2008, 09:07 PM »

I suppose we'll be seeing lots of new soda dispensers, cell phones, and ipods in the sequel rather than more of the original lineup or god forbid a combiner/gestalt.   :-\

....just thought I'd throw some bad karma before I start hearing everybody trash the sequel.

I think it sounds promising.  At least they're not rehashing the guys that were wiped out.  Still thought the first one was funnier (in a good way) than the previews let on.   I just hope they keep that same tone for the next one!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 4, 2008, 09:34 AM »
As long as they keep Megan Fox.  ;)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #189 on: January 4, 2008, 09:39 AM »
As long as they keep Megan Fox.  ;)

Amen
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2008, 12:20 PM »

What's so wrong with just having robots that look and feel just like the original ones? Why do they all have to look like alien bugs? Why can't bumblebee look like a VW bug instead of a really crappy camaro? Do we really have to put up with more of a whinny character that has no idea what to do with a hot girl sitting on his lap?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2008, 01:10 PM »
What's so wrong with just having robots that look and feel just like the original ones? Why do they all have to look like alien bugs? Why can't bumblebee look like a VW bug instead of a really crappy camaro? Do we really have to put up with more of a whinny character that has no idea what to do with a hot girl sitting on his lap?

Bay originally tried with original robot/car designs from the 80's but it just didn't work for today's audiences.  People would have taken it as a joke and I can see why.  Huge blocky bots moving around...nah.  I'm a G1 fan and have been since 84 and while I love all of my blocky out of scale toys, the alien/robot design they came up with has really grown on me.  He put up a pretty good explanation in one of the documentaries from the DVD.

Regarding BB.  Can you really picture (in today's age) people seeing a tiny lil bug the hereo of this movie?  I don't know about you, but I've never seen a man driving one of those new Beetles around and I'd have to think twice if I did.  There was a old yellow VW bug in the movie in case you missed it.

I'm sure Sam figured out what to do with the hot girl after the credits finished rolling.

Oh and if you hated this movie, you're really going to hate the new Joe movie.   ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2008, 02:42 PM »
I liked the movie much more than I thought I would, but I do miss the G1 bots.  I get the desire to make them less blocky, more real and appreciate the attempt at that.  What I miss is the better proportioning of the G1 Robot modes (more humanoid anyway), and being able to see the general outline/body features of the old G1 styles.  Several times in the TFormers movie, I couldn't make out if it was an arm or a leg or what hitting some other arm or leg or what and which darn robot was hitting who.  Maybe its just too many close ups, but I'm attributing it to robot design.  That's the only thing I would love to see improved on next time around. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47 PM »
... and which darn robot was hitting who.  Maybe its just too many close ups, but I'm attributing it to robot design.  That's the only thing I would love to see improved on next time around. 

I agree. Sometimes in the movie, I didn't know who's fighting who. We saw OP and BB a bit more than the others. I think there wasn't much distinction in the faces like the G1 robots.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2008, 06:21 PM »
bigger, better, faster, stronger

"It’s going to be bad-ass"