Author Topic: 2005 DVD Thread  (Read 71142 times)

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 DVD Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2005, 11:59 PM »
It's not much of a stretch from what everyone else is doing, to be honest. We come here, share what we are buying or bought, and there's not much else to it. I had a great day hunting, had an evern better day today, and I needed to share it with people whom I thought may enjoy hearing about it. That's all.

I'll just keep my exciting little hunts to myself..just thought it was interesting to share.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2005, 07:55 AM »
It's not much of a stretch from what everyone else is doing, to be honest.

Yes, it is.  Nobody else in this thread is bragging about what DVDs they bought at some hole in the wall pawn shop for the sole purpose of reselling them for profit.  This thread doesn't need to become like the one on RS that was closed - post after post bragging about "exciting little hunts".  Trust me, nobody gives a ****.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2005, 09:57 AM »
http://simpsonsbox.com/

I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen a company do since new Coke.  This new packaging is a joke beyond epic proportions.  The back cardboard cover is not even attached to the case.  Horrible >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Is that order form real?  It sounds fishy and I'd hate to pass it to all my anal retentive friends only to have them give out all their info and a few bucks for nothing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Its real...I just cracked my case called the number and they directed me to the website
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 10:05 AM by Scott »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Funny stuff.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2005, 01:27 PM »
This was a stupid idea. . .but a nice solution, and handled with great humor!

I actually snorted out loud when you get to the part on the registration form where you have to indicate if you are Anal Retentive, Planning to Sell for Profit to Collectors, or A Baby.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Also today, those of you who happened to pick up 20th Century Fox's The Simpsons: The Complete Sixth Season  today will find a little card inside your packaging... "For all those that fear change." Basically, if you don't like the new "character head" packaging, Fox is offering to send you (for the cost of the postage) replacement packaging for the Season 6 set that matches the packaging for Seasons 1-5. All you have to do is call 1-888-223-2369 for instructions (the insert mistakenly says it's a 1-800 number - it's not), OR visit the special simpsonsbox.com  website the studio has created to handle the replacement program. You know, I have to give Fox a lot of credit, both for trying something new with their packaging AND for offering to take care of the fans who preferred it the old way. Very nice indeed.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2005, 08:38 PM »
Office Space - Special Edition with Flair (Widescreen Edition)

I'm not sure what the difference is from the regular version, but I'm sure it'll be good!

Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

SilverZ

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2005, 10:51 PM »
Anamorphic transfer is enough for me to call it a sure purchase.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I picked these up today:

First time in a really long time that I actually brought anything home with me. I haven't been buying any DVD's lately, and I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2005, 12:00 AM »
How'd you get all those before Tuesday? 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2005, 12:06 AM »
Working in a store that sells DVD's has it advantages  ;)

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Without question..the best deal I've ever gotten. $20, and it's mine, all mine.. ;D

I'm fairly positive "Oldboy" and "Gladiator 3 Disc SE are the only releases for me come Tuesday. "Oldboy" is a blind buy, hope it's good.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:56 PM by Cine »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2005, 02:55 PM »
http://simpsonsbox.com/

I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen a company do since new Coke.  This new packaging is a joke beyond epic proportions.  The back cardboard cover is not even attached to the case.  Horrible

Thanks for posting that link Scott.  I decided to pick up the Season 6 set this weekend, since Target had it on sale for $29.99.  After getting it home, I really dislike this whole "head case" thing they have started now as well.  I guess it wouldn't be quite as bad if they were all packaged this way, but I kind of like things to "match" on the shelf too :P.  Anyways, I think I might end up sending off for that alternate box as well.  The Homer head just doesn't sit on the shelf too well.  Interesting design, but its sometimes better to have things more "uniform".