Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 209238 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #645 on: September 28, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Finally made it an Ollie's.  And boy, I was SO EXCITED to get Black Series SOLO Han Solo and TLJ Poe Dameron for $5.99 each.  And no TVC figures either.  UGH, what a wasted trip
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2019, 05:26 PM »
Man, if there's any more of a running start kick to the nuts than a goddamn street date I don't know what it is.

I figured my only chance to score a full case of these was to find a store that put them out early, so I went out searching high and low and finally found a full bounty of all the new stuff at Walmart. They even had the TVC and gold figures out. (No display, just on the regular toy aisle)

None of them scanned at the Price Checker, and this store didn't even have any other Black Series figures to scan for comparison, so I figured it would be an ordeal trying to check out. Yep.

They wouldn't come up at all at first, then a manager came over and scanned them and found the price ($19.87) and said "try it now" to the cashier. At that point they rang up as sale not allowed, so they literally took them out of my hands and walked them back to the storeroom where they will never be heard from again I am certain. I tried all the usual points of logic to no avail.

What a genius marketing idea this TFF is...you managed to save this store $160 in instant sales.  ::)

The worst part is that this virtually guarantees that I won't be able to find them all again come Friday. Because that is my luck.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:36 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 4, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Ended up grabbing The Mandalorian off of Amazon, my lone Triple Force Friday purchase. Also got a Hoth Leia for $15 while there. Debated grabbing Skiff Lando but I'll hold off for a bit on that one.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 4, 2019, 12:08 PM »
I had a successful morning in terms of finding the new Black Series figures today.  Between Walmart and Target, I got the complete set of the white-boxed first edition figures and the carbonite Mandalorian.  A couple more stores to run by, then I think I’ll call it a day :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 4, 2019, 06:17 PM »
I had minimal success in the stores today.

2 x Walmarts - No new TBS
3 x Targets - No new TBS, found the Black Series Mystery Box at 2 stores
1 x GameStop - Wave 1 in it's entirety, and saw one First Edition figure, but passed on all of it.  Also found the Carbonized Second Sister and picked that up.
Amazon - Scored the Carbonized Sith Trooper
Walmart.com - Ordered the Carbonized First Order Jet Trooper

I wasn't able to get to any stores at opening - the downside of being at work at 5 AM - so what was left was roleplay and GoA figures.  The situation can only get better.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: October 4, 2019, 08:19 PM »
It’s been an eventful 24 hours for me, for sure.

After spending an hour at Walmart last night fruitlessly waiting in vain for them to put out new stock, I finally slogged home empty-handed and fell asleep at 1:30am.

Woke up at 5:30am thinking it would be smart to hit the non-24 hour Walmart’s in town which all open at 6am. Confirmed they all had stock via Brickseek. Proceeded to drive all around and none of the stores has put anything out yet. Total fail at that point.

Had better luck at Target at 8am, got the Carbonized Mandalorian, but all they had were the black boxed 6” figures, so I just grabbed extras of the Sith Trooper, Jawa and FO Stormtrooper. Next Target I figured out their was a whole standalone SW display away from the designated endcap, and I was able to score 5/8 First Edition figures.

Proceeded to drive to five more Targets trying to find the other two, but all I kept seeing were black boxes. Finally at the last store I found a bevy of First Edition figures and was able to get the three last ones I needed, hallelujah.  :)

I was also able to snag a Carbonized Second Sister from GameStop ($26.99!) and confirmed that no stores in my area had Fox.  :( then after work I stopped back by a Walmart again and was able to score the Carbonized Jet Trooper at last.

Was an obscene amount of driving but screw it, I took a half day off work and managed to get everything I needed, so I can’t really complain at all. Feeling pretty happy right now with the results!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 5, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Super happy to pick up Commander Fox at GameStop this morning. Glad I decided to check back after being told there were none around yesterday.

Interestingly, this guy was only $22.99, same as the other black boxed 6” figures.

I was about to say I’m all caught up now but I just saw someone found the Walmart exclusive Jedi Luke.  :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 5, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Hit an area Barnes & Noble today.  With my membership card there Black Series figures were $17.99 each, so I picked up Rey and Kal Cestis.  I was tempted to pick up the Poe Dameron X-wing with that 10% off discount, but I'm trying to see if Target might have one of their $25 off $100 sales. 

I also saw a fair amount of Black Series figures at another GameStop location, including the exclusive Carbonized figure.  Didn't see Commander Fox.  And the store associate told me that the Purge Trooper has not shown up at their store yet.  But they also had the battle damaged Stormtrooper and Zuckuss which had both been exclusive to Disney stores.

The crazy thing is that I've seen way more Black Series in stock at GameStop and B&N than at either Target or Walmart.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2019, 05:17 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 14, 2019, 09:43 AM »
I snagged First Edition Rey and Kylo from a small town Walmart over the weekend during a road trip. This store also had First Edition Stormtrooper and Offworld Jawa but I passed for now because the thought of spending $80 on toys was terrifying at the time. If they are still there in a few weeks when I'm back I'll likely grab them. Those 4 figures were the only Star Wars merch the Walmart had in stock.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 20, 2019, 12:11 AM »
I love me anything that gets updated from vintage to modern even if it's a custom. No one else cared on ebay so I picked this Jann Tosh 6" figure up. It will look good next to my custom 6" scale Vlix.

This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 20, 2019, 08:00 PM »
I was in my local Walgreens and decided to take a look at their Black Series stock.  They still have a number of General Veers figures in stock.  But then I spotted something towards the back of the shelf - a First Edition Kylo Ren!  And thanks to some Rewards points I got it for $17.

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Picked up Clone Commander Obi Wan today
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2019, 09:29 PM »
Picked up Chopper at Target. Now to check I dont already have him...
I am not the Stig

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34 PM »
I found Yavin Luke at Walmart Saturday night, and then today I found a “regular” Jet Trooper at a different Walmart. Kind of a challenge completing the wave a figure at a time, but I’m happy to have found something new at least.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 31, 2019, 11:11 AM »
I picked up Clone Commander Obi-Wan the other night while I was out getting candy for the trick or treaters.  A very welcome find.   But it was downright strange seeing the other Black Series stock in the store, which included 1 Force ghost Obi-Wan and a couple of General Veers figures, and nothing else.

Feedback