Author Topic: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?  (Read 292777 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?
« Reply #855 on: April 22, 2024, 09:32 PM »
Phew.  I hope it goes into the small Targets too.  Those are the ones I walk by at lunch regularly.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 23, 2024, 06:47 AM »
I assumed Target "paused" all of Star Wars years ago.  The only thing Hasbro that I buy is the retro collection at this point so I'm not going to stores much.  Sometimes if I'm in Target I stop by the toy section just to check it out.  In the past year or so, my local Target has set up a Disney section and Star Wars has been moved there from the normal rows of toys.  Much smaller spot than in the past.  Generally it is completely barren.  Maybe a few 6" figures.  Generally no 3 3/4" whatsoever.  I was there a few weeks ago for the TPM retro set.  No tags on the shelf for it, but they had a few in the back.  It wouldn't shock me is Star Wars went away from Target.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 23, 2024, 08:22 AM »
A few weeks ago I got the TPM Retro set from an employee who got one from the back room too.  A week later they have 8 of them on the shelf in two different locations.  They don’t seem to be selling.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #858 on: April 23, 2024, 10:22 AM »
All that photo proves is that there will be empty pegs that should have TVC figures on them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #859 on: April 23, 2024, 11:03 AM »
All that photo proves is that there will be empty pegs that should have TVC figures on them.

Don't worry, this Fall there will be plenty TVC Mae (Assassin) figures filling up those pegs.  #Reva2.0  :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 23, 2024, 12:43 PM »
Steve Evans was teasing on his IG which figure might get the VC375 designation.  It didn't even occur to me that Hasbro would recognize it as a noteworthy milestone.  But seeing how it links in with the scale of the line, I guess it's worth a little recognition.

My own guess?  Between the color Steve used in his IG post, and the history of that 3.75" height?  I've got to think that it's going to be the recently pipelined farm boy Luke.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #861 on: June 26, 2024, 11:31 AM »
I've got to think that it's going to be the recently pipelined farm boy Luke.

The whole VC375 thing didn't dawn on me either until you mentioned it, but putting the pipelined ANH Farmboy Luke there makes the most sense.  Kind of nice that Hasbro was actually thinking that far ahead.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 26, 2024, 11:55 AM »
I think I'd call that more of a happy accident than anything approaching brilliant planning, LOL

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 26, 2024, 04:13 PM »
Hasbro held a private Fan Site session where they announced a TVC Momaw Nadon figure as a pipeline reveal.  It’s unclear if this was one of the Fan Site Q&A sessions.  I think more will come from this relatively soon.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 26, 2024, 05:27 PM »
Do we know if he's going on a regular card?  A couple IG accounts I follow were speculating he could be a deluxe figure in a box...

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 26, 2024, 05:36 PM »
Do we know if he's going on a regular card?  A couple IG accounts I follow were speculating he could be a deluxe figure in a box...

They'll probably give him two bar glasses and call it Deluxe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #866 on: June 27, 2024, 01:16 AM »
I feel like he has to be on a regular card, even if that means a new larger blister, still technically in the deluxe assortment, & at the deluxe price point. If it is a boxed deluxe figure instead of a standard cardback the "Finish the 96" crowd will lose their minds. (I'd be disappointed too.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:03 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 27, 2024, 11:14 AM »
I sincerely hope that Momaw Nadon is on a card.  I had not thought of this aspect of the basic figure VS deluxe figure situation until recently.  But could the new determining factor here be the blister depth?   And if Hasbro tries to accurately depict Momaw Nadon, is that figure going to fit in the standard size blister?

The blisters of 2024 seem to be a pretty uniform depth in order to get those 8 figure cases packed out.  And the Gamorrean Guard reissue seems more like an outlier than anything else.  I think Krrsantan might have fit in a standard blister, but all of the accessories that came with the general release version were probably too much to fit in there.

Feedback