Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 260052 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #255 on: March 21, 2011, 12:09 PM »
At a $6.04 price, I'll be happy to take a look, and maybe pick up some things I'd otherwise just let sit there.  Like maybe a couple more cloud car pilots... but 4-LOM, Dengar and that clone?  Just can't justify it.  I don't know if I'd even pay a buck for those figures.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Is Dengar a bad figure? Or you just already have one? I never got around to getting him.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Dengar is a very good figure.  I bought two - one to open, another for custom fodder.

Other than some overpriced exclusives and animated stuff, the only figure I think I've passed on since I started collecting in 1995 is the Phase 2 Vintage Clone.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #258 on: March 21, 2011, 02:31 PM »
Other than some overpriced exclusives and animated stuff, the only figure I think I've passed on since I started collecting in 1995 is the Phase 2 Vintage Clone.

Make that two of us, I can honestly say the same thing except that I shelled out for the expensive exclusives. I was keeping one 212th and one Plain one carded for my wall but I am even dumping them now. I hate that figure, I am so done with the old style.

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Both Targets on my way home were still $8.99.  Oh well... but a $6.00 price for a month or so would be nice to help move some of this stuff.  However I wonder how much good it would really do with the selection of pegwarmers they have.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2011, 08:19 PM »
Where I go, I don't think it'd really help much...  I think 4-LOM, Dengar, and CC Pilot are all there is at Target here...  at least any I've been to lately.  They even put those black spacers on the pegs to keep the figures out at the front of the peg...  Like that somehow makes it look more full or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2011, 08:41 PM »
In my area, there's three Targets that are just down to remnants of Wave One - being a handful of 4-LOM, CC pilot and Dengar... and one store still has two Daks.  If they do mark them down to $6.04, I will pick up both of those Dak figures.

The other Target has about 5-10 each of 4-LOM, CC pilot and Dengar, maybe 2-3 of the AT-AT Commander, and a ton of the phase 2 clone... I'd say about 40 of that figure. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2011, 09:16 PM »
WM's the Phase 2 Clone heaven here...  Every one I'm at has pegs just full of him.  They have other stuff, and they're getting new stuff sporadically, but they're the only place here fulll of all these older Clone figures.

Someone found Wave 6 at TRU here, so they're starting to put something new out...  It's been 2 waves stocked, 3 waves off, now stocking the 6th wave...  TRU eats the big one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 21, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I am thinking that Hasbro desperately needs to send reps to pull that clone.  It's just killing the line I'm afraid.  I can find more of him than all other figures combined.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #264 on: March 21, 2011, 10:57 PM »
The white one I'd agree on seeing it get yanked...  The helmet is pretty messed up on some, and it's everywhere.  The 212th is nowhere here and we got a bit of the waves he's shipping in so far...  The white Phase 2 though, definitely an overstock of it...  It didn't do fantastic in Legends either.  It'd be nice to see Hasbro rethink Clones in general somewhat.

This is why I think I'd like to see Legends overhauled a little bit though as well.  I think a lot of the Vintage packing of this figure is getting a sort of "main" thing from ROTS out there on a Vintage card, but at this point it's proven that it failed...  I can't say this figure's really inhibiting distribution here though, at least not terribly so.  WM is putting new cases out fairly steadily...  Perhaps once they hit the point of saturation, Hasbro will actually go in and phase him out?

I'd be happy seeing that.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07 PM »
I am thinking that Hasbro desperately needs to send reps to pull that clone. 

Uh... you do know that the VC15 Clone (and his good pal VC14 Sandtrooper) is shipping yet again in the Wave 7 case, right? 

So yeah, no chance of those disappearing anytime soon. :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: March 21, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Yeah, plus I don't know if everyone else has witnessed this but I've seen waves from all the way back to Wave 3 lately on the Vintage pegs...  Saw those, some Wave 4 and 5 lately, and Wave 6 is reported in the area too...  Those Phase 2 White clones are still coming out in some quantity then I guess.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 22, 2011, 01:01 AM »
Yeah, I know he's in Wave 7 as well... it's sickening.  It would be nice for that figure to get halted from that wave and replaced with a Gamorrean, or even Ackbar... even Fett... or really, maybe close to a dozen different figures would be decent choices.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 22, 2011, 09:33 AM »
They even put those black spacers on the pegs to keep the figures out at the front of the peg...  Like that somehow makes it look more full or something.

I HATE that practice...it's lazy, half-assed and deceptive. Walk on back to the stockroom and pull a fresh case to re-stock the pegs already. If you don't have any in the back, order more. Just don't try to fake like your pegs are all filled, with only 1-2 figures deep at each peg. That's weak sauce.

I make it a regular habit now of re-arranging all the figures from each line into the fewest # of pegs possible, so there is plenty of available space for new figures to be put out.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 22, 2011, 10:43 AM »
I've moved them arround too, but I believe that some stores have a set inventory count in their computer system, which is what triggers a reorder.  

Lazy employees can be part of the problem with finding new figures, but I think that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the larger problems with the current pricing, distribution, case ratios, repacks, and carry forward figures.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:43 AM by CHEWIE »