Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201309 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2007, 03:00 PM »
All the ones I've found at K-Mart and Target so far have had issues.  The two best cards I've seen were on the two Destro figures I ordered from HTS.com.

The cardboard is a little less stiff than the SW cards.  They look nice but if I were collecting these MOC I'd have passed up most of the ones I've seen on the shelf so far.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #316 on: August 10, 2007, 06:14 PM »
Hey Brian,
  When you found the Joe figures at Wal-Mart do you recall what they were stocked next to?  Star Wars, Pirates, Corps figures (or whatever those cheap military figs are)?

I was looking at my WM today, the're pretty far along in the reset but I didn't see tags for the figures and the planogram sheets I was looking at didn't seem to have them either.

Also, for anyone that has seen the WM exclusive 12" vintage-style Adventure Team figures, were they stocked in an aisle with the other Joe figures or were they on an end cap somewhere?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #317 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44 PM »
The Walmart next to my work had the pegs set for the new Joes today too - $4.88 a pop like Brian said.  I believe they were right next to the Wrestling figures, if that helps.

I do know a friend that saw the 12" Joes about a week ago - he indicated they were in an aisle on the bottom shelf, next to the Sigma Six stuff, which leads me to believe it was at a Walmart that just set them out before their aisle was reset.

:P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2007, 11:03 PM »
I found some of the 12" Joes today at a Wal-Mart in Elmira, NY.  They had the Sea and Air Adventure along with Man of Action and The Adventurer.  No Land Adventurer, however.

I snagged a Sea Adventurer and The Adventurer.  They had a couple open on the shelves and they looked pretty good.  I snagged two that were sealed and when I got home and opened the Adventurer he was missing his shoulder holster and pistol.

So, you may want to open them in the store, they're just tapped closed, to make sure they are complete before buying them.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #319 on: August 13, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Hey Brian,
When you found the Joe figures at Wal-Mart do you recall what they were stocked next to?  Star Wars, Pirates, Corps figures (or whatever those cheap military figs are)?

Our WM might be kind of screwy, but this is the way it is basically set up now.  The action figure "aisle" is three aisle long - on one side.  The first aisle is Spidey 3, Marvel Legends/etc., Turtles, Transformers, and maybe something like Ben 10?  DC used to be here as well, but has disappeared since the reset.  The next aisle is Pirates, Power Rangers, Star Wars, etc.  Then the last aisle is kind of a mishmash of stuff, and that is where the GI Joe stuff was crammed.  I think there were some wrestling figures there too, like CHEWIE mentioned, but otherwise its only about a half an aisle and there is just miscellaneous older stuff there (Vader coin albums, models, etc.)  Oh, and I stopped back there this weekend and all the Joe stuff was sold out.  Actually the single packs are sold out (quickly) at every store in town.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #320 on: August 13, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Thanks for the info, Brian.  I don't think my WM is going to carry the Joe stuff anymore but we'll see.  This is also a store that has never carried any Star Wars exclusives.  They never carried the VTOC last year and didn't have VTAC this year.  It's a newer store, only 3 years old, mabye, and very sketchy on what they stock.

The 12" Joe figures I found in Elmira were in cardboard displays on a 4-sided aisle display along with the new Marvel Toys figures.  That store didn't have shelf tags for 25th GI Joe figures either but they weren't done with their reset yet.

E...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #321 on: August 13, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Seeing those 25th Anniversary figures on the pegs is pretty cool. I have to admit I'm tempted to pick them up, but have to restrain myself.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #322 on: August 13, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Seeing those 25th Anniversary figures on the pegs is pretty cool. I have to admit I'm tempted to pick them up, but have to restrain myself.

Eh.  Just go for it.  If you purchased about 20 less of each Star Wars trooper, you'd be able to get the Joes without a problem.
 ;)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #323 on: August 13, 2007, 02:15 PM »
Finally saw the new 25th Anniversary Joes at Target. No 5-packs, but they had all the single cards, minus the Cobra Officer. Picked up Snake Eyes w/ Timber.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #324 on: August 14, 2007, 09:07 AM »
Finally able to get a hold of a Cobra Commander.. .. Card is just ok...

WTF is up with these cards ?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #325 on: August 14, 2007, 10:48 AM »
WTF is up with these cards ?

They suck....You can find minty ones if you're patient, but they're just so damned flimsy.  Just be glad that Hasbro isn't charging $10 a pop for these guys with a clamshell.  Plus it makes it that much easier of a decision to open rather than leave carded..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #326 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04 PM »
I'm just curious, now that the singles and 5 packs are starting to hit throughout the country, how many of you are still in on this line?  It seems like there has been some mixed reviews here and there, depending on the person.  The do seem to be selling pretty well around here (the singles and Joe pack in particular), but they just starting hitting too.  I've picked up what has been available so far, and planned to continue, but with all the stuff coming up I'm starting to wonder if I should.  Not that I don't like the figures, but there is just so much other stuff out there.  If I do continue, it will probably just be for those next couple waves, and then drop it next year.  I'd have the majority of my favorites (or ones I had as a kid), and with Indy Jones and the new DCU Classics line next year (along with Star Wars and Marvel), there is more than enough to keep up with the way it is.  Anyways - after reading so many of us getting excited for this line, I was curious how many are staying with it now that we have seen them in person?

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #327 on: August 14, 2007, 12:48 PM »
I am staying with it ! I am not getting every single piece. Just the one's I like. So far I have Stormy, Snake, CC, and the Destro's. I passed on Flint and the Soldier for not. Maybe get Flint later. But not a priority.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #328 on: August 14, 2007, 01:11 PM »
Picked up my first Joe in about 20 years  :o It was nice to do.  I picked up Snake Eyes/Timber.  Is one timber more rare then the other? black vs. grey?  Got Snakey opened played around with him for about a minute and the left hand broke off at the peg!  WTF!
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #329 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14 PM »
From the one figure I've bought so far, I'm loving this line. I'm hoping to pick up Serpy and Buzzer in Wave 2, and maybe the Red Ninja from Wave 3.