Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 308213 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1455 on: October 17, 2023, 05:43 PM »
I just ordered another 212th troop builder pack. I'm slowly giving the older clones to my son, who is more than happy to receive them. He'll beat the **** out of them while I fill the ranks with better clones (and eventually he'll probably get all of those too).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 19, 2023, 03:35 PM »
Today was the first proper toy run that I've done in a while.  I work 4 day weeks and usually have a couple of weekdays off.  So I hopped in the car after getting the kid to school and proceeded to hit 3 Walmarts, 6 Targets and 1 Toys R Us (yawn, what a waste of time!).

Target came up big today!  I managed to get the Tusken Warrior (basic carded figure) that I'm going to have signed by the actress at a future date.  The Grand Inquisitor was the newest find (along with Ahsoka from the same wave, which I passed on).  But the best find?  Half price Speeder bikes from The Mandalorian at Target!  It wouldn't scan on the price check stations or at the register.  Thankfully I had the foresight to take a photo of it on the shelf, because the shelf tag had the DPCI number and the reduced price on it - $22.49.  Which was less than it showed up as being priced on the Target app.  So the store honored the purchase!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 26, 2023, 02:19 PM »
******* bummer, I received the clone 4-pack and it's the version with the unpainted black bar on the helmet. I'm going to see if I can return them, because I don't feel like painting the things on there myself (nor should I have to).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 27, 2023, 03:06 PM »
Same here.  I finally bit the bullet on the 212th Clones, and also got the Imperial Officers plus the Ewoks 2-pack.  And sure enough I got clones without the brow lines.  At least I only bought one set.  Still, it's disappointing.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 29, 2023, 02:43 PM »
Yesterday i found the new TVC Thrawn figure at GameStop and since it was the same price as the one I had preordered on Amazon and a nice card I went ahead and grabbed it. They had a few figures from the Ahsoka TVC wave too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 29, 2023, 06:25 PM »
I stopped at a combination record / comics / pop culture store during the week and saw Morgan Elsbeth and the Deluxe Krrsantan.  But at $24.99 and $37.99 they can keep them. 

So today when I stopped at an area GameStop store?  Their prices were more reasonable.  No Morgan or Santo.  But they had the TVC Ahsoka repack on the AHSOKA cardback (pass), and the HK-87 droid. So the droid came home with me!

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1461 on: November 25, 2023, 10:40 PM »
I might have gone overboard this weekend… Preorders for Wave 33 & the KOTOR two-pack hit, I also did some Black Friday shopping on Pulse and picked up some additional army builder packs, a discounted Boba’s Slave I, & a few other extras. Then went to a new local con in Denver, GalactiCon and they had more TVC in tbe dealers’ room than I had seen in decades at the local cons, and managed to grab a grail piece at a decent price. Here’s the haul from the con:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 12:09 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 26, 2023, 05:33 PM »
That $125 sounds tempting. But that would make it my 3rd version of Fett's starship?  :-X

Didn't know Axe Woves is a Target exlusive. First time I heard/saw that it's available for order.

Anway, Woves and a handful of cheapie extras coming my way.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 28, 2023, 12:37 AM »
I might have gone overboard this weekend… Preorders for Wave 33 & the KOTOR two-pack hit, I also did some Black Friday shopping on Pulse and picked up some additional army builder packs, a discounted Boba’s Slave I, & a few other extras. Then went to a new local con in Denver, GalactiCon and they had more TVC in tbe dealers’ room than I had seen in decades at the local cons, and managed to grab a grail piece at a decent price. Here’s the haul from the con:

Xmas in November right there.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1464 on: December 11, 2023, 01:52 AM »
I picked up a bunch of custom fodder at Ross this weekend. The stores around here had some TVC figures for $3.99 each. I grabbed 7x Obi-Wan (VC245), 4x Padawan Anakin (VC80), 2x Cassian Andor (VC261).

I've seen pictures of people finding the 2021 Wal-Mart Deluxe figures (Ahsoka, Flametrooper, Stormtrooper w/ E-WEB), The Rescue set, & TBS Rey's yellow Skywalker lightsaber.
"This is the way."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 11, 2023, 12:08 PM »
I picked up Ahsoka and Cassian from ROSS on Saturday for $3.99, heck of a good deal. I saw a bunch of Anakins and a Mace too. Would love to find some of that other stuff like the E Web!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy