Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Rebels Re-Releases  (Read 3925 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Rebels Re-Releases
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 01:07 AM »
Got my GameStop order today (well most of it since Kanan and Ahsoka are both missing).

Love the new artwork on the Black Series boxes. Would have preferred that they had maintained the same shape of the Black Series figures and just replaced the side of the box that has been red w/the number since the first Force Awakens wave, with the artwork, but it's not the end of the world, just makes them a tad bit more difficult to display.

I got two sets of the Rebels crew re-releases so I could open up an entire set of the crew and have them on display in addition to keeping set of them MIB.

I'm not a 100% opener when it comes to the Black Series, so I was already cherry-picking what I wanted to have open and getting a 2nd one solely for that purpose. If that changes in the future, I would probably switch over to just having all of the Black Series open and not worrying about collecting them MIB anymore.

As with all things lately, since I have everything 3.75" opened and a duplicate MIB or MOC, I have been contemplating the possibility of starting to sell off the in-package stuff just to shrink the overall footprint of the collection - and I've already decided that if I do that, the ONLY in-package stuff I keep will be the stuff done in the Vintage style packaging. So that would extend to the Black series figures carded up on vintage-like cardbacks.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 05:43 PM »
I just got an alert from FedEx that I have a package arriving tomorrow from Grapevine, TX, but no other details. Knowing that Grapevine is where Gamestop is headquartered, I checked my GS account and saw that my Ahsoka preorder from the Rebels Bundle is labeled as "preparing for shipment." Kanan is still "Awaiting Availability." So be on the lookout if you had Ahsoka preordered from Gamestop.

I have not yet received a shipping notice from Gamestop, just from FedEx.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:51 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2020, 09:03 PM »
I just got an alert from FedEx that I have a package arriving tomorrow from Grapevine, TX, but no other details. Knowing that Grapevine is where Gamestop is headquartered, I checked my GS account and saw that my Ahsoka preorder from the Rebels Bundle is labeled as "preparing for shipment." Kanan is still "Awaiting Availability." So be on the lookout if you had Ahsoka preordered from Gamestop.

I have not yet received a shipping notice from Gamestop, just from FedEx.

Interesting! I just got a shipping notice for Ahsoka from GameStop but nothing from FedEx. Said she should be here by Sunday. Also got a separate shipping notice for the Carbonized Boba Fett I ordered from them so that is on the way too.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2020, 09:06 AM »
I got the shipping notification for Ahsoka, as well.  I'm wondering when it's actually going to show up considering the nonsense that's going on with USPS.  I got a tracking number but no information is populating on that front.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Ahsoka got here last night via FedEx. I did wind up getting all of the shipping notification emails from GameStop throughout the day yesterday.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 1, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Looks like a pending charge has shown up on my PayPal account for Kanan. No shipping info yet but I’m guessing he will be on the way soon.  :)

Ahsoka got here Saturday, looks fantastic!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2020, 10:47 PM »
Got a shipping notice from GameStop for Kanan this afternoon, completing that order.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 12:22 PM »
Got a shipping notice from GameStop for Kanan this afternoon, completing that order.

Same here, and he arrived today.  :)

Cool figure, paints apps on his eyebrows and goatee are a little wonky though.

Glad to round out this set, hope we get some more Rebels figures down the line...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Doing a little backtracking here on one figure in particular - Ahsoka.

I definitely like the updated deco on the figure.  But one detail is sticking out to me, particularly after having seen Ahsoka on The Mandalorian.  Specifically, the lightsabers.  Does it bother anyone else that in both 6" Rebels versions of Ahsoka (and the 5 poa 3.75" figure, too) that the lightsaber blades are light blue?  Because those white lightsaber blades came across as even more distinctive after her appearance on The Mandalorian.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback