Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02 (Walmart)  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 01:12 PM »
I'm also super frustrated with how Hasbro is releasing this stuff.  I've always been against exclusives from the start, but now adding in that you have 10-15 minutes to order or you miss out is a massive joke.   Great business model.   >:(

One thing that has really helped me is to follow Jayson's Yak Face Twitter account.  I do almost nothing on Twitter, but one of the few things I do is follow Yak Face so that as soon as pre-orders are up he sends out a tweet and if I'm not totally off the grid usually manage to get in my order.

Jayson is a godsend for news and links and such. I don't know how he does it. Other great resources are Reddit (r/starwarscollecting and r/actionfigures) plus the various Reddit Discords.

If anyone knows how to use Discord, or wants to learn, PM me and I can send you an invite to the Star Wars Collecting Discord.

It's not much, but it at least helps you get a sense of when this stuff is available so you have a fighting chance
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Has anyone received their online orders of this wave yet?  Because I’m seeing some people panicking in some Black Series Facebook groups about this wave.  Evidently people are finding it at retail but I haven’t seen many reports of Walmart.com orders getting fulfilled.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 10:26 AM »
No.  I think I recall getting some emails a few weeks back saying these would be fulfilled in early December.  Hopefully WM comes through and honors all of these preorders as these look awesome.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 01:19 PM »
Has anyone received their online orders of this wave yet?  Because I’m seeing some people panicking in some Black Series Facebook groups about this wave.  Evidently people are finding it at retail but I haven’t seen many reports of Walmart.com orders getting fulfilled.

I have been following this one pretty closely on FB.  From what I understand...

- No one has received their pre-orders yet and the date has been pushed back, possibly multiple times
 - Several people have found these in store on special shippers across the country.  I don't think anyone has seen them appear in stand alone cases.
 - Walmart has relisted the 332nd Clone & Super Commando for preorder on their site just in the last 48 hours (Ahsoka too apparently - she appears periodically), AND the date shown for these new orders has them arriving ahead of the initial pre-orders
 - The Loyalist figure continues to be the hard one to find due to scarcity/army-building (which I don't get because the other two troops are just as AB worthy)

Hopefully we will see all four of these figures in greater numbers soon.  Maybe in time for Black Friday?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 02 (Walmart)
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2020, 01:28 PM »
I double checked my emails and some of the figures show shipping by 11/24 and the Loyalist shows by 12/1. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2020, 03:21 PM »
- Walmart has relisted the 332nd Clone & Super Commando for preorder on their site just in the last 48 hours (Ahsoka too apparently - she appears periodically), AND the date shown for these new orders has them

Well, if it's like the Jabba's Palace playset, people that ordered after I did (I ordered first day and there's was a week after) got theirs and I got a cancellation notice.  That's Walmart for you/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 06:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  It seems like the figures that have made it out were probably in the aisle shippers.  I checked Brickseek and found that one store in my area had these listed in stock in quantity, but there was nothing there.  I suspect that the shipper will probably be placed in the aisles for Black Friday.

Based on the reception for The Mandalorian?  I think the Mandalorian Loyalist is going to be a really hot figure for troop builders!

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Yeah, I’ve heard the Loyalist is the hardest to get.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2020, 05:59 PM »
I just got a shipping notice from Walmart for the Loyalist.  None of the others are shipping yet, but this one appears to be on its way with an arrival scheduled for Tuesday.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I just got a shipping notice from Walmart for the Loyalist.  None of the others are shipping yet, but this one appears to be on its way with an arrival scheduled for Tuesday.

Same. And this should be fun considering I moved since I preordered these, and Walmart doesn't allow you to change addresses on preorders. Maybe I can call USPS and have them hold it at my local post office.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2020, 10:32 AM »
I got a shipping notice for the Loyalist too, but the delivery date is listed as 12/1  ???

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2020, 11:50 AM »
Same thing here.  I got the same email earlier today about the Mando Loyalist with the 12/1 delivery date.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 11:51 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 03:38 PM »
Mine arrived today, and it looks mostly fantastic.  Its a lot of gray and gray/blue.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to be anyone in particular, but it would have been nice to see a bit more blue in this figure to match the styling of the Mandalorians with Bo Katan.

I hope everyone's preorders show up and those that didn't preorder find a way to get one.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 08:11 PM »
When it rains it pours.  I just got a shipping notice for the Mandalorian Super Commando.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 08:41 AM »
I got shipping notifications for half of my order - the Mandalorian Loyalist and the Mandalorian Super Commando.  And everything is shipping individually!  Still waiting on notifications about Ahsoka and the 332nd Clone Trooper.

Feedback