Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558028 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2475 on: November 6, 2019, 08:54 PM »
In the comics, he does end up helping out the people of Alexandria and Hilltop.  Although, in the Comics Laurie, Rick and Carl are still around.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 11, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Eugene on the ham radio "THEY CALL ME TATER SALAD."

Good thing Carol left Alexandria, with that flu going around she'd have to start killing the infected to "protect the children".

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55 AM »
This week's episode was actually fairly solid.  Nice to see people actually doing something reasonably sensible with Carol and Darryl on the hunt for information.

The Negan / Beta dynamic was pretty fun too. 

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 14, 2019, 01:22 PM »
^^Agreed.  This wasn't a crap episode.  Of course, I have to complain they waited until Ep6 to actually do something with the storyline.

I can't imagine Neegan actually wanting to get on board with the Whispers.  He's undoubtedly got a motive for what he's doing.  Afterall, it's not like he went looking for them.  You know his mind was thinking while he was going for his blind nature walk.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 17, 2019, 11:22 PM »
Lot of character development for Siddiq this season.

And then...yeah.

I wondered where the heck that other medic came from. I either forgot some dialogue or he is sort of a cheat, since they pull out "been there all along characters" quite often, like the old woman who died.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:23 PM by Scockery »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 18, 2019, 12:20 PM »
Uuuuummmmmm...another filler episode with nothing until the last minute?

This season has been terrible?  1 of 7 episodes has actually been interesting to me.  I know we all gripe, but I really wonder how long I'll keep watching and when I'll just give up and catch it all down the road.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 18, 2019, 01:24 PM »
Thought it was fine. I think it's only filler if you don't care about the characters. Which I get.

Nothing filler about killing the doctor. Especially via a spy in your home.

And figuring out a) how far Whisperers will go to "win" b) figure out a way to get Alpha's cult like followers to question her and then c) have Lydia leave the "good" guys.

Again I think filler is a subjective term.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:27 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 18, 2019, 02:39 PM »

Again I think filler is a subjective term.

I think that's fair.  It just didn't draw me in and I didn't really wonder what was going to happen.  It just didn't make me think and just felt, like I said, filler stuff until Siddiq was killed.  And again, seems to be a pattern with TWD, build a character for a few episodes, make you like them a bit, and then kill them off.  To me it's getting old.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 18, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Loved the pay-off but felt they dedicated too much time on the PTSD and bogged down the pace in the last few episodes.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 18, 2019, 04:52 PM »
I hate to say it because for years this was my favorite show, but I'm completely bored with it now. 

I thought losing Rick and jumping forward would freshen it up, but it's the same crap in a different dress.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 18, 2019, 04:54 PM »
I was sure they were building Saddiq up as a main player all year so death was a surprise
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2486 on: November 18, 2019, 11:15 PM »
I still think the PTSD angle was an odd choice.  For crying out loud, this guy survived alone for a while during a zombie apocalypse.  He had to have seen some **** during that time!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 19, 2019, 07:46 AM »
I thought losing Rick and jumping forward would freshen it up, but it's the same crap in a different dress.

This is the part that I don't get.  The jumping ahead seems totally pointless.  I thought they were jumping ahead so that Judith could be the new Carl, but after the first few episodes she has hardly been in the series. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 19, 2019, 09:01 AM »
I feel like I'm arguing this show is great. It's not anymore. But I don't buy it's terrible.

They've killed off a whole bunch of main characters. Some by choice. Some by having no choice. To me the easiest way to shuffle who's important is to jump ahead. It's not perfect, but I didn't need to see how the council was formed and why person x is a leader. Blah blah blah. I still don't understand what people are looking for.

Side note. I don't like Carol anymore. Don't buy you just keep letting her go rogue and act like it's ok because she's Carol and has been here all along.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 19, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Nick, I think, at least for me, it's just a case of the same thing over and over again.

I guess you can only come up with so much new stuff over 10 seasons, but it feels like a bunch of filler and pointless stuff that leads to nothing. To me the last several episodes are starting to feel like an extended season 2....lots of talk about feelings and a plot that is leading anywhere or keeping anyone hooked.

I'm not sure what anyone is looking for.  Maybe we'd like to see the human struggle in a given situation, but there just isn't any of that.  Morals are gone, unlike season 2.  That's one thing that kept me coming back during 2...there was a moral/ethical debate at it's center.  Not so much now, at least to me.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 10:43 AM by Chris M »

Embrace the suck.