Author Topic: 2023 TVC Mando N-1 Starfighter  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2023 TVC Mando N-1 Starfighter
« Reply #75 on: October 9, 2023, 02:18 PM »
Mine showed up from Amazon yesterday.  Box was a little damaged, but the ship is incredible!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 9, 2023, 06:06 PM »
Yeah I opened mine yesterday.  It's a solid piece.  Feels about $30 too expensive, but there are deals out there.

The little engine cover piece... the instructions show it as A and B on each engine... are there supposed to be two of them or is that A and B options for where to use it?

I really like the half-sized stand that it can hover on, and that you can leave a wing off if you want.  I'm going to try to work it into the shelves since all that is there.  I'd been assuming it would have to be a stand alone thing.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 9, 2023, 07:04 PM »
The little engine cover piece... the instructions show it as A and B on each engine... are there supposed to be two of them or is that A and B options for where to use it?

I saw someone ask this on a facebook page.  According to the answer there (I think it was Jayson), there's only one engine panel, but you can display it on the right or left side (however you feel, I guess).

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2023, 12:07 PM »

I saw someone ask this on a facebook page.  According to the answer there (I think it was Jayson), there's only one engine panel, but you can display it on the right or left side (however you feel, I guess).

That’s correct on there being only one engine panel piece with the N-1 which can attach to either engine (it confused me as well at first). That setup, however, is screen accurate to the way the ship appears in “The Book of Boba Fett” series where the left engine nacelle had more covering than the right one. In the show, during the building of the N-1 montage scene, you see Mando and Peli Moto attach the covering to the left engine.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2023, 12:52 PM »
Cool.  Thanks guys. 

That’s what the box art / photography seemed to show too so I thought that was the case.  The instructions just made me question it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2023, 11:03 PM »
$99.99 on Amazon right now.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2024, 06:24 PM »
I finally opened mine the other day and set it up on my shelf. 

Overall I really like it, and especially at the the $100 price point I paid for it. 

Thoughts:
- Its nicely detailed, but maybe not the best toy.  Having some shooting missiles or electronics or something would have been cool, but I guess this was geared towards adults.
- I like the hatch to hold Mando's weapons.  They should build this in to more vehicles.
- I like the options to have a Grogu or R5 droid port.  Although not including the R5 dome is really kind of kick in the shorts.  Now I've either got to pull the head off a perfectly good R5 droid or just leave Grogu trapped like a boy in the bubble.  I really wished they had included the R5 dome for the extra 10 cents it would have cost them.
- I love the two stand options.  The bigger stand really lets you pose it fairly dramatically.

So overall its really good, I just wish they had included an R5 dome.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2024, 12:41 AM »
Now I've either got to pull the head off a perfectly good R5 droid or just leave Grogu trapped like a boy in the bubble. 

Remember this guy from Target a couple years back?

I dug through my accessory bin baggies to find this extra R5-head and used it with the Mando N-1.  If you bought this set back in the day, that's an easy way to get an R5 head without having to sacrifice a whole R5-D4 for the job.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2024, 01:15 PM »
Great tip Jeff.  I’ve got that still packaged somewhere and will have to track it down.  Grogu can ride on Mando’s lap.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2024, 04:42 PM »
Oh good call! I had an extra R5-D4 that I grabbed during a random Tunghori order, so I used that.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram