Author Topic: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!  (Read 537 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC Project, Coming Soon!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2024, 05:36 PM »

Same.  I don't need everything to be enormous.  I wish they'd use Haslab for more esoteric or risky items even if they're regular sized things. 

Hasbro has tossed around the term "Dream Item" regarding Haslab.  And one concept people have been discussing are figure dream packs.  I don't think it's a far-fetched idea given the limited scope of the figure line these days.

A Haslab figure dream pack of 10 Cantina aliens for $200 - $250 might be an idea worth pursuing.  Especially if Hasbro were to make a not-quite-a-Haslab Cantina playset.  The only complicating factor that I could see would be the incentives.  I think an Early Bird backer offering might be a better way to sweeten the deal.  I know that Hasbro did that with the GI Joe Classified HISS Tank.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2024, 05:50 PM »
Yep.  They've worn me down. 

I'm at the point where I'd rather pay more for NEW characters instead of $16.99 for repacks and repaints and photo-real deco re-releases.  Dream Item doesn't have to mean enormous.  Make a Vader funeral pyre.  A ROTS Sith Throne... a ten pack of cantina aliens or Jabba's palace goons.  A Home Won command center... anything that's not the same stuff over and over again.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2024, 10:38 AM »
Have we heard any commentary on how the Mandalorian N1 fighter did in Hasbro’s view?  I know it wasn’t a Haslab item, but there was a strong element of preorder for this.  Did it even get “stocked” at EE or any other place?

As mentioned before, I’d love to see Hasbro do more stuff like this.  Reasonable price range, pre-order, awesome execution.

I would be up for a significant figure component to a HasLab item if the ship/playset was more mid-size.  For example, I’m not super interested in a First Order Troop carrier, but I would be if it included all the Knights of Ren.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2024, 12:52 PM »
Last summer during interviews, the Hasbro team was very happy with how the N-1 had sold, and said it was going to have the effect of more fighter-sized vehicles being offered. I think the E-Wing was an obvious result.

I saw the N-1 on shelf at Target, Go! Calendars and Toys, and a local toy store called Sir Troy's Toy Kingdom ( that is an all-out toy store my boys and I absolutely love that is trying and mostly succeeding at filling the hole TRU left.)

The N-1 is still available on Amazon as well, and hovers around regular price. If it dips far enough it might finally push me over the edge to actually buying it, but I am not much of a vehicle collector ( no Haslab purchases yet, the BMF is enough of a space hog for me.)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2024, 01:46 PM »
Dang I would have like the Marauder but I guess that was a long shot seeing as how they’ve only got Hunter to go with it so far.

The Twilight was #1 on my most wanted list of ships for a long time before the Ghost took over that spot, so I’d be super happy to see this one, although it feels like there is almost no fan push for it.

I’d also love the Jedi T-6 Shuttle. I was checking out the Lego one the other day and it’s a pretty neat design.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2024, 02:59 PM »
Jayson's comment on IG was "Cheers" as a hint, so the money seems to be on the Cantina. I'm super happy with my cantina diorama, but if this has a few figures that won't be available anywhere else (two in particular), I'll still back this and use it as a playset for my son and I to pose figures in. I really hope the Hasbro team is looking at all the negativity between old and new collectors and plays up the cross-media potential for this set. Tonnika sisters and Hammerhead would be awesome for us OT collectors, but Pelli Motto and EV-9D9 could appeal to new media fans (though EV has cross potential for sure). A new Wuher? **** yeah I'd want that. At the least they should be pulling together some glamour shots showing Mando in the thing to reduce the agita from the new media crowd.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 4, 2024, 12:14 PM »
I didn't watch the WonderCon replay - were there any hints or discussion on the supposed upcoming HasLab offering?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 4, 2024, 12:55 PM »
I didn't watch the WonderCon replay - were there any hints or discussion on the supposed upcoming HasLab offering?

No, Hasbro only had an hour for all the lines combined. It was pretty much just 10 minutes for Priya to go through the 4 items shown.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2024, 12:56 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 9, 2024, 01:15 PM »
Dang I would have like the Marauder but I guess that was a long shot seeing as how they’ve only got Hunter to go with it so far.

The Twilight was #1 on my most wanted list of ships for a long time before the Ghost took over that spot, so I’d be super happy to see this one, although it feels like there is almost no fan push for it.

I’d also love the Jedi T-6 Shuttle. I was checking out the Lego one the other day and it’s a pretty neat design.

The twilight has always been high on my list. I'm not saying it's a great choice for everyone though.

The dream figure pack is top on my list though if it is cantina patrons I will need a cantina to go with them. If they do a cantina, I'm still on board with my vote to keep it modular. The bar section could likely fit in a 12-14 inch deep shelf, as could either side wall of the building. This would keep it flexible for people who definitely don't have the space for a full table display. You could display the whole thing separately on three shelves if need be.
Macklunkey!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 9, 2024, 01:35 PM »

Well, the Marauder has suffered the same fate as some previous Haslab vehicles... it's a possibility.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2024, 01:59 PM »
When they made The Razor Crest they stated that they'd make every character that ever interacted with it.  By my count they've made a little over half of the characters.

So I guess if they wanted to make The Marauder and there weren't more than a couple other figures not bundled with it available, that shouldn't stop them.   

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 02:07 PM »
Do we know when The Ghost will ship? It's a little odd if they are going to ask us to back this upcoming Haslab before we even have the last one in hand.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 02:54 PM »
The website just says estimated ship is Fall 2024.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 06:37 PM »
It's a little odd if they are going to ask us to back this upcoming Haslab before we even have the last one in hand.

They've been doing that quite a bit with recent projects - examples:
- GI Joe Classified 6" HISS Tank (Aug 2022) ran before the GI Joe 3.75" Skystriker shipped (Jan 2023)
- GI Joe Classified 6" Dragonfly (Jul 2023) ran before the HISS Tank shipped (Dec 2023)
- Galactus (Aug 2021) ran just about when the Sentinel was being shipped (Sep 2021)
- TFers Deathsaurus (Nov 2022) ran just before the TFers Victory Saber shipped (Dec 2022)

I guess they figure with each of the major brands having 2-3 HasLabs under the belt, folks will be more trusting that things will get delivered.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 07:37 PM »
Ah, interesting. I don't really follow any of their non-SW stuff so I hadn't noticed that.
"This is the way."