Author Topic: Everything Rebelscum  (Read 589937 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rebelscum Spam Mail? WTF???
« Reply #1050 on: March 28, 2005, 02:17 PM »
What I don't understand is how it's possible this email really bothered any of you. You think you're going to trip me up and point a finger at me? Get a life and move along. We have tens of thousands of users who were delighted to receive the emails, hope we continue the site, and support everything we do on it. I'll waste no further time on this issue with you.

Oh man...I just love how the Forum suggestions section is working out...what a service. ::)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 28, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Its amazing that people still continue to support the biggest dickhole in the community.

Its easy people, stop posting there and he'll go away and his empire from which he is leeching thousands of dollars off of will also crumble.  TFN and Rebelscum are far from "Fan Friendly" its all business and always will be all business.  Its disgusting

Not to mention a liar.

Tens of Thousands who were "delighted"? LMFAO. I guarentee you NO ONE was "delighted" to get an advertising email. At all. Hands down.

I need to lie down.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1052 on: March 28, 2005, 02:36 PM »
Scott: I hear ya, but unfortunately I'm a victim of supporting the scum forums in a twisted way in that I still goto the vintage and Chicago sections, something which no other site can top. The rest of the place is useless to me though and I find superior talk here for stuff like modern toys and general OT. And yes Scum is treated like a business, which means as such there should be some basic customer service which is certainly not given.

Famine: I don't think most people even realized the e-mail came from Scum, they just saw it as Spam and until it was pointed out where it came from they were unaware what it was. So as you've already said, I'm sure not many were delighted to get the message. And oh yeah, having more active posters, doesn't necessarily relate to having more meaningul posts. think about that for a bit wont you?

JK: read back to my customer service remark above. pretty much it's like they get an actual complaint and then get overly defensive without completely answering the complaint. sounds an awful lot like the cable company :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 28, 2005, 02:53 PM »
A great way to talk to your members...

Get a life and move along.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 28, 2005, 03:06 PM »
It's too bad the Customizing section is great there....If only I lived a little north I could post more effectively in the Mission logs here, rather than in the Orange County section at RS.

Ugh..I can't believe I'm still torn after being told to get a life.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1055 on: March 28, 2005, 03:07 PM »
Here's a hint, why not start those same threads here and invite people to come on over ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1056 on: March 28, 2005, 03:29 PM »
As for Philip, I think his comments, especially this one particular paragraph, much better convey anything that I could possibly say regarding how they feel about their members...

Philip:
What I don't understand is how it's possible this email really bothered any of you.  You think you're going to trip me up and point a finger at me? Get a life and move along.  We have tens of thousands of users who were delighted to receive the emails, hope we continue the site, and support everything we do on it.  I'll waste no further time on this issue with you.

Kinda scary really.   :-\

Nice to see Jimmy_ come to the rescue as always though, mixing in the usual trolling that goes along with most of his posts as well.  What a tool.  Ironic, since he used to tear Philip apart even worse than anyone before he got banned (the first time) over at RS a couple years ago.  Nice little "arrangement" he and Philip must have now...   ;)

...If only I lived a little north I could post more effectively in the Mission logs here, rather than in the Orange County section at RS.

Justin, our SoCal thread here is for both OC and L.A.  We don't necessarily have to hit the exact same stores as eachother in order for our store reports to be useful.  Just knowing the retail chain where things are showing up and the day they're hitting is usually all we need to know to go find the stuff ourselves, since most stores get/stock their inventories similar between our two neighboring counties.  Not to mention, a lot of us actually go back and forth between the two in our toy hunts.  So knowing what hits the RSM stores, or TMP is still quite helpful to the L.A. guys, as should our reports be helpful to you guys in OC.   ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:36 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 28, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Man, I'm feeling left out.  Not only have I never been banned from RS, I've actually won something over there and I still didn't get the email.   :'(  Geez, don't I rate?

I guess it could be because I haven't posted there much in the last couple of years, but I'm still registered.  I think.  I'd have to actually log in to check, but I was a couple of months ago.  

Gotta admit though, his replies are rather, um, insensitive.  I mean really, who defends that kind of ****?  Ah well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1058 on: March 28, 2005, 03:45 PM »
As for Philip, I think his comments, especially this one particular paragraph, much better convey anything that I could possibly say regarding how they feel about their members...

Philip:
What I don't understand is how it's possible this email really bothered any of you.  You think you're going to trip me up and point a finger at me? Get a life and move along.  We have tens of thousands of users who were delighted to receive the emails, hope we continue the site, and support everything we do on it.  I'll waste no further time on this issue with you.

Kinda scary really.   :-\

"Get a life and move along. "

What a positive way to run a SW Forum.   ::)

He still didn't address why he sent the spam to those who DID "get a life and move along" after having their accounts locked/banned.

Jeff
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:46 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 28, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I like how he then added what I can only assume to be a response to my work email address being added (unsolicited) to his spam list by saying that they also use email addresses given in give-away entry forms.

I've been a member there for over 3 years and have not ONCE seen them do a give-away.

And the real irony is that while my WORK email address is getting his spam, I'm not getting it at my hotmail account - which is the address I gave in my profile and registration.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 28, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Nothing to see here, "get a life and move along". 

I can see a Photoshop opportunity of Shanter and PW's face.   ;)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 28, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Justin, our SoCal thread here is for both OC and L.A.  We don't necessarily have to hit the exact same stores as eachother in order for our store reports to be useful.  Just knowing the retail chain where things are showing up and the day they're hitting is usually all we need to know to go find the stuff ourselves, since most stores get/stock their inventories similar between our two neighboring counties.  Not to mention, a lot of us actually go back and forth between the two in our toy hunts.  So knowing what hits the RSM stores, or TMP is still quite helpful to the L.A. guys, as should our reports be helpful to you guys in OC.    
Ohhhhhh, but Matt....That means I have to work ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1062 on: March 28, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I've been a member there for over 3 years and have not ONCE seen them do a give-away.

They quit doing their giveaways years ago.  Last few items I remember them giving out were the POTF2 Walmart figure posters and the Target Y-Wings.  Somewhere on the site is a list of contest winners - just check the last date to see how long it's actually been since they had one.  Probably before the (unfortunate) CSW merge.

I also think it's lame that Philip is apparently contradicting himself, saying that if you don't want the e-mails, you'll have to close your account there.  Yet, at the same time, all of the banned members are still getting them.  Phil doesn't seem to want to address that particular issue, I guess...   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1063 on: March 28, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Oh, wow.  Hadn't checked RS's front page in a while.  NOW I see why Philip's defending that e-mail so vigilently...

Man, they've got THREE big, flashing TRU Midnight Madness ads all over the front of their site.  No wonder...   ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 28, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Oh, wow.  Hadn't checked RS's front page in a while.  NOW I see why Philip's defending that e-mail so vigilently...

Man, they've got THREE big, flashing TRU Midnight Madness ads all over the front of their site.  No wonder...   ;)

Isn't that the whole point of the front page?  Run a bunch of ads and put up some collectors pictures (collections, of course) to justify the ads?  Oh, and question Mark shows up once in a while.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.