Author Topic: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 01  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
"New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 01
« on: May 3, 2020, 04:25 PM »
Don't really have a thread for these yet (since I'm not entirely sure in which wave they're coming out), but here are the press pics for the new Stormtrooper and Kamino Clone Trooper figures:

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Fall 2020)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER Figure, inspired by The Mandalorian series on Disney Plus and featuring quality detail and multiple points of articulation. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display this highly poseable (4 fully articulated limbs) figure, featuring premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and accessory. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH CLONE TROOPER (KAMINO) Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Fall 2020)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH CLONE TROOPER (KAMINO) Figure, inspired by the STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS series and featuring quality detail and multiple points of articulation. STAR WARS fans and collectors can display this highly poseable (4 fully articulated limbs) figure, featuring premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:25 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Is the Stormtrooper just a repack?  It says its inspired by The Mandalorian, but doesn't appear to have any grime on it like the 3.75" Stormtrooper Remnant.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
They talked all about how different the sculpt is to make it look and pose better as I recall. Though I was trying to "teach" my 7 year old at same time.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Is the Stormtrooper just a repack?

Like Nick said, brand new sculpt.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "New Look" Black Series 6" Wave 01
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 03:33 PM »
I am swamped at work so I have no time for posting individual figure JD affiliate links until later tonight :(

Here's a case of 8 pre-order link for EE though - https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSE8908A?id=JE-405087801

If you pre-order individually from EE or Amazon, please head to those sites via our general affiliate links on the front page #ad #plug #weneedthemoney

OK, with that plug out of the way - Hasbro dropped this wave for pre-order today featuring all-new look for the Black Series boxes.

This wave includes:
2x Stormtrooper (revealed on the live-stream)
1x Kamino Clone Trooper (revealed on the live-stream)
1x The Mandalorian - Besak Armor
1x ESB Darth Vader
1x Snowspeeder Luke
1x Admiral Ackbar
1x Teebo

Look for full set of press images later...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 12:20 AM by Jeff »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 06:04 PM »
I preordered from a non-sponsor (sorry Jeff :'( ) in Dorkside Toys, only because they had the case available, plus free shipping. EE was a little slow to add them.

It's a good case ratio too, but I'd swap the extra Stormie with an extra Mando.

Kind of looking forward to seeing more pics of the Vader, as the 40AC ANH Vader is one of Hasbro's best figures in this line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Is Vader the #43 Red Line version?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 8, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Is this Vader the same as the Vader coming in the 40th ESB wave 3?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Is Vader the #43 Red Line version?

It's a retool. Mostly the same parts, but #43 was based on the ANH costume while this new one is based on ESB. So the shoulder pads will be a bit different (covering the cape) and the gloves are different. Basically minor changes, different enough to purchase if you care about scene accuracy on your shelves.

Is this Vader the same as the Vader coming in the 40th ESB wave 3?

Yes. (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Just read someone found this wave at a Target already, oof.

Shouldn’t these be under a different DPCI since it’s a new line look, etc?

Edit: got it from Yakface tweet, thanks Jayson!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:52 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 03:30 PM »
That new Stormtrooper is going to be a hot commodity!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 10:57 AM »
I ordered this entire wave from Dorkside Toys back in May.  Now DST customers are getting emails stating that their pre-orders aren't going to be filled until at least March of 2021.  And I've seen bits and pieces of this wave turn up at retail at GameStop and WalMart stores.

I want to support an online retailer like DST because I think they're generally good, and their shipping rates are reasonable.  But this is another instance where I feel like they have not delivered for customers.  So I cancelled my order with DST and just ordered most of the wave on Amazon. The Amazon order is going to arrive within days, and there were actually good prices on both Luke and Admiral Ackbar.  I've already picked up a couple of the Stormtroopers in this wave, as well as the Kamino Security Clone Trooper.  I'm just left with trying to find the Mandalorian in Beskar.  If anyone has an extra up for trade please LMK.

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2020, 05:38 PM »
That might not be Dorkside’s fault. I believe Hasbro gives priority to larger sites like Amazon or Entertainment Earth, and the rest are kind of forced to fend for the leftovers.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 06:35 AM »
That might not be Dorkside’s fault. I believe Hasbro gives priority to larger sites like Amazon or Entertainment Earth, and the rest are kind of forced to fend for the leftovers.

I think that's among the factors that led to this.  And I'm not one to kid myself about the volume business that Amazon and EE do in comparison to other online retailer.  That's always going to be a significant factors in Hasbro's business decisions, and I understand that there's a pecking order based on the size of certain accounts when it comes to distribution.

But there was another incident that I dealt with around a month ago with another order I had placed.  It was for the TVC wave with Chirrut, Fives, Hondo, etc.  I ordered a set of those figures.  And in some of the TVC pages on Facebook I saw people posting that they had ordered cases of that wave a few days earlier and were already getting those cases.  I emailed Dorkside about the wave and what I had seen on social media, and I referenced my order number so they could check it against their records.  The answer that I got back was less than satisfactory, and it became apparent that they were more interested in selling whole cases and couldn't be bothered with selling sets of figures that they were advertising.

And then with the news about this Black Series wave?  I saw people in some Facebook Black Series groups say that they had gotten emails from Dorkside about this wave.  I had that wave on order for 6 months and never heard a peep.  Based on the way they handled that TVC wave and this Black Series case plus a couple of army builders?  Sorry guys, but I feel like I have to take my business elsewhere.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:35 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback