Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 82280 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #180 on: April 4, 2006, 06:56 PM »
I have one set of blue holograms, not goingt o go crazy getting a set of red ones as well. I think i will pick up all from this wave except Vader and Han.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #181 on: April 4, 2006, 07:10 PM »
The red holograms shows how much Hasblow cares.  I thought the whole idea behind hologram was because holograms (blue) are seen/used in the movies.

Oh well ::)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: April 4, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Garindan: Looks great, and the best of the bunch.  I hope he's a pegwarmer because I could see myself getting about 20 of them for customs.

Don't you still have hail damage to fix? ;)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 4, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Garindan: Looks great, and the best of the bunch.  I hope he's a pegwarmer because I could see myself getting about 20 of them for customs.

Don't you still have hail damage to fix? ;)

Damn right I do, I have a ton of hail damage to fix.  But a few $7 figures are the priority, and hell this hobby is the one thing that always makes me happy (other than my wife of course).   ;)

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 4, 2006, 09:09 PM »
This wave is choice. SA Sandy? Hem Dazon? Luke with kick-ass accesories? I'll take em.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #185 on: April 4, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Luke has some cool accesories.  I mean from the poncho to the nice sabers in old ben's trunk, heck he even has a popular shade of lipstick on...
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 4, 2006, 09:45 PM »
It's nice that the new photos expose new details. I can't get enough OT stuff, so I say bring it on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 5, 2006, 04:53 PM »
I really don't care about the red holos, I'm not collecting pack-ins.

I think we can safely assume that the majority of us think this is the best wave of the year.

This is the one wave that no matter who you are deserves two sets - one to open and one to keep carded!

8)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2006, 01:05 PM »
With Hasbro announcing Endor for August, do we have any news or idea of when Tatooine is due?? I'm afraid it'll turn up soon, and I'm choking on too many purchases already. *ack* I've spent too damned much money in the last weeks, AND Grievous and Senate BP are out already..... *ACK* :-\

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 13, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I think May is going to be Greatest Hits month, with refresh cases of coruscant shipping along side them. I don't think we'll see Tatooine before late May/Early June, but I could be wrong.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2006, 03:33 PM »
As much as I am looking forward to the Tatooine wave (probably the most of any wave so far), I guess I'd be ok if it was a little ways off yet.  I know my wallet would appreciate it.  My greatest fear is that we'll get these "best of" assortments and they'll be clogging up the pegs along with refreshed cases and we won't see the next couple of waves - Tatooine and Endor - the two I've been looking forward to the most.  Hopefully that won't be the case.  The Revenge of the Sith stuff does seem to really sell, so maybe the combination of collectors and kiddos will really eat up those "best of" assortments.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2006, 04:21 PM »
The ROTS mixes will sell.

When a case contains one each of twelve figures, it usually doesn't sit very long at retail.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2006, 02:07 AM »
This is one of the better waves so far...  At least to me.

Hoth had the AT-AT Driver as the single really fantastic figure.  The GNK Droid with his nice "pack-in" buddy made for a good purchase too...  Veers and Derlin felt like you were paying too much for too little...  Derlin moreso.  The rest of the wave sucked pretty hard then since it was a whole lotta rehash and sorry kitbash.

Carkoon wasn't much better.  Bib Fortuna wasn't Hasbro's best foot forward in the figure world.  Han's so-so, but definitely could've been a better figure for the cash.  Again the wave wasn't a huge "wow" kind of thing where you were giddy at the thought of the figures you were buying, and this was to kick off a new direction for the line.  Ugh... 

Geonosis...  MOre of the same to me.  Poggle blows, Scorch was a letdown, the Utapau Clone was nice but ultimately I don't count him as part of the wave plus he's technically a rehash, Sun Fac is nice but underrated...  There was just a lot of blah in that wave, with repacks and whatnot, and nothing to get too excited over.

COruscant...  Cody's disappointed many (I yet to have found one).  I actually like Foul Moudama but he is only semi-new and has questionable support from fans due to his EU status.  Lushros Dofine is cool for what he is, but hardly anything to get excited about since he's in that "Senator-ish" category of boredom, nto to mention an alien species we've now seen the piss be beaten out of it...  The Utapau Clone's still cool, and yeah I want some, but still not something I'm going ga-ga over when I buy them, I just like having them to display.

Tatooine though you have interesting aliens, R5-D4 who's probably been the most wanted resculpt in the line for some time now, and hell even a repack like the Luke figure has been made interesting enough that people really want to buy it.  It's a good solid collector's figure, though we all own it and only want it for the cool **** it comes with.  That's genius on Hasbro's part and why the Gonk Droid ultimately is a hit to me too...  It's not "new", but it is...  And it's a droid so I want it.

R5's sorta similar to that too.  And I'm ok with that.

Tatooine isn't great to me, but it's not bad because of character choices.  The Arcona rocks, and Garindan was one of my top resculpt figures I think...  Both fall short in overall quality than what I want, considering we got a whole wave of Cantina aliens in 2004/2005 that had better articulation and similar features to the Arcona and Garindan, but still these are at least really appealing figures because of who they more than what they are.

Definitely a wave to look forward too, but I'm like some of you in that I wouldn't mind these being a little ways off.  I could use the recooperation time to get everything in order and just be prepared for these when they do ship.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2006, 08:58 AM »
I have to agree with Jesse here that though I have many of the Saga wave this year, there are really only a few that "make the cut" so to speak. I think if I picked one word to describe the line this year it is regression.  The line has regressed from ROTS and that is a shame. ROTS showed what Hasbro could do if they wanted to and at very reasonable prices. Now, we have less articulation with alot of what Hasbro is famous for, rehashing or kitbash.
I'm excited for Tatooine, and am looking forward to everything but Luke, Han and Vader. However, I would love to see these hit in late May or June, but have a sneaking feeling that these will start showing up at Target's this week or next with the reset.
As far as availability, ALL the stores right now in my area are sitting on Geonosis, Hoth and Carkoon repack cases.  Most of the stuff is just sitting and if you can the DPCI for figures, most Targets have stuff  in the back. Problem is this is all rehash stuff that are in non-standard cases.  I know that after Tatooine, the only figure I am going to purchase is C3P0 from the Endor wave, maybe a Death Star Gunner. The rest of it is just not interesting to me and I'm looking forward to the break.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 01:26 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2006, 09:55 AM »
I only care to get these to continue my MOSC set, because if I was just collecting for characters, everbody would be left behind except R2, Cody, U. Clones, Sun Fac, Poggle, & Sora Bulq.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.