Author Topic: GameStop Black Series 6" Purge Stormtrooper  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
GameStop Black Series 6" Purge Stormtrooper
« on: September 27, 2019, 10:43 AM »
Time to pick up where I left off last night with new thread creation...

Official Hasbro Press Release and Press Photos - click on the thumbnails for larger pics.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH PURGE STORMTROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Fans and collectors can imagine exciting moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH PURGE STORMTROOPER figure, inspired by the STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER video game. This figure comes with a PURGE STORMTROOPER- inspired accessory, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available exclusively at GameStop.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: GameStop Black Series 6" Purge Stormtrooper
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Anyone know if they open early today? They always obnoxiously do on sdcc etc days when there's all kinds of exclusive POP figs
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 10:18 AM »
Yes they opened early and had no Troopers for sale to general public. There is a car being towed from crashing through the front door of the used clothes store in the same strip mall.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 11:46 AM »
I went to like six different stores and none of them would sell me any. One store even had them prominently on display behind the counter, like “check out this cool thing you can’t buy!”  ::)

I know it’s too early to get mad about, but the employees i spoke to all unanimously insisted this figure would only be available with the game bundle EVER.

If true, that is the shittiest move ever by Hasbro.

If not true, GameStop sucks for perpetuating that BS.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 11:53 AM »
I tried a couple stops on Saturday too and the employees all said the same thing, that it was only available as part of the pre-sales bundle.  They didn't sound super convinced, but they checked their POS computers and it didn't appear they had any inventory on the way that said otherwise.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:10 PM »
My findings were the same, checked a couple stores locally, they had none, computer system showed as having nothing in stock in any local stores and that there were none on the way.

I was under the impression from speaking to anogther GameStop employee that this *WAS* going to be sold individually similar to the Carbonized Second Sister inquisitor figure.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 04:46 PM »
I was finally able to secure one of these guys today, but it was not easy. GameStop guy had to call and check with his manager, then they couldn’t find a listing or price for the single figure, and they even tried calling the guy who had the original preorder for it but guess he didn’t pick up so I got it, eventually. Very relieved.

Would like to get another one at some point if they show up in greater numbers, to flank the 2nd Sister.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 05:04 PM »
I was finally able to secure one of these guys today, but it was not easy. GameStop guy had to call and check with his manager, then they couldn’t find a listing or price for the single figure, and they even tried calling the guy who had the original preorder for it but guess he didn’t pick up so I got it, eventually. Very relieved.

Would like to get another one at some point if they show up in greater numbers, to flank the 2nd Sister.

I lucked out with this last night - I had gone to the local mall to hit up the ThinkGeek store as the GameStop website indicated that the store in question had the Imperial Jumptrooper instock. So after grabbing that, I went over to the GameStop and when I got to the counter, I asked if they had any PS4 bundles for Fallen Order in stock, thinking "oh well, I'll grab the bundle with figure and call it a day" - and the lady at the counter goes, "we got this Xbox One bundle return earlier today" - so I said "can I buy just the figure?" - she looked over at her manager and he shrugged his shoulders like "sure, why not?" and they let me get it for $24.99.  ;D

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 09:23 AM »
Yakface just tweeted that more of these are on the way.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 3, 2021, 04:53 PM »
Yakface posted that these are back up for pre-order/backorder.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Mine just arrived.  Glad I was able to track this down without paying crazy eBay fees.

I thinking waiting has turned out 50/50 at best for me.  This is one of the waiting wins.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 10:14 PM »
Mine just arrived.  Glad I was able to track this down without paying crazy eBay fees.

I thinking waiting has turned out 50/50 at best for me.  This is one of the waiting wins.

Nice score!  I totally slept right through this, but picked one up already for $60 this fall.  Can't believe they released him again!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today