Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 101865 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #615 on: August 26, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Nope, Prince is the worst musician on the face of the planet

(The thoughts expressed in this post may be fictional and sarcastic, they were meant to get "a rise" out of someone, we'll see if that someone takes note of it and responds in kind...something like "Pearl Jam is the worst band on the face of the planet, the BackStreet Boys contributed more the to face of modern music then they ever have or ever will."...Stay Tuned)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 26, 2004, 11:55 PM »
They look pretty accurate to me :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2004, 02:56 PM »
Are we our DVD collections?

Sadly familiar read for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2004, 03:15 PM »
Somewhat familiar with us as well.  My wife and I were looking over our DVD collection as we transferred it over to a different entertainment center, and it made me realize there are a few we rarely or never watch.  We've tried to be much more selective in our purchases anymore, just buying movies that are our real favorites, and ones that we know we can sit down and watch at any time.  Haven't really sat down and watched the movies much lately (especially with the Olympics the past couple of weeks), although the Simpsons season sets have gotten a little play.  Anyways, interesting article, and a little too familiar here too....I'd be afraid to go through and actually count how many we rarely or never watch, feels like money wasted then.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Yep, got movies still in the wrapper, movies I haven't watched (Schindler's List being one) and many movies that have been watched only once.  The wife and friends always question why I have so many (only about 230) and I tell them I would rather watch my own movie, where I know it hasn't been stepped on, pissed on, etc. and most of the time it's only a few bucks more than renting and I can watch anytime I want.  They just  ::)

Of course, I then tell the wife that if she stops buying movies three weeks after they come out at full price, then we wouldn't be spending as much money.  All she has to do is tell me what movie she wants and I'll tell her when it comes out.  But, like a typical woman, she never listens.

***ducks at the shoes from the few female members we have**
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 7, 2004, 01:39 PM »

I love Columbo. I will have to check if this includes the 2 pilots. 11 seasons plus the 8 specials, this set is gonna kill me. 

SilverZ

« Reply #621 on: September 8, 2004, 02:13 AM »
Grabbed this today, and it's worth every penny, and then some:

Best Buy had it for $19.99, but the first store was sold out, and the second had one left, promptly purchased by my angry ass. Nothing pisses me off more than idiot stores that advertsize titles in their circular and then don't stock enough product to last 4 hours on release day. Morons.

Anyway, picture looks great, the remixed audio makes it sound like a new movie, and so far the supplements are excellent. The animated funeral scene is worth the money alone. This is my best DVD purchase in some time.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 9, 2004, 09:38 AM »
Less than two weeks away now....just wanted to pass along that IGN has posted the first part of their "review" of the OT DVDs, right over here  They are doing their reviews in a bit of a different fashion than normal, but might be an interesting read.  Just thought I'd pass it along...these will be here before we know it now :).

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 9, 2004, 10:12 AM »
there's also a review up at the digital bits for anyone interested.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2004, 01:44 PM »
Picked up THX-1138 today, I've seen it once before and pieces of it here and there, I'm looking forward to seeing it again as I remembered I like it and I have a thing for pessimistic Sci-Fi...

SilverZ

« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2004, 05:35 PM »
Cool, post your thoughts if you don't mind. I've not seen it since the widescreen LD was released, like 9 or 10 years ago. I won't be getting my copy until next week at the earliest. Did you get the single disc or the 2-disc?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2004, 09:12 AM »
Official Announcement has come down from New Line for the ROTK Extended Edition DVD set, sounds like it is due on December 14th.  Details at the linky above.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #627 on: September 27, 2004, 09:18 AM »
250 minutes!  Holy crap!!!!   I am looking forward to this a smidge less than the SW set but its going to be awesome nonetheless

They are certainly pushing the release date for the Holiday shopping season though ???, weren't FOTR and TTT released in November????

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #628 on: September 27, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Fox Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Napoleon Dynamite for 21st December 2004 priced at $29.98.

Presented on a double-sided disc with both Widescreen and Full Screen transfers you will find the following bonus features:
Audio commentary by Director/Co-Writer Jared Hess, actor Jon Heder and Producer Jeremy Coon
5 Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Director/Co-Writer Jared Hess, actor Jon Heder and Producer Jeremy Coon
Still gallery
The Making of the Wedding of the Century featurette
MTV On-Air promos
Trailer: Arrested Development

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 27, 2004, 02:20 PM »
Picked up:

The Punisher
Passion of the Christ
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2004 Version)

:)

Thank god for discount DVD's at the video rental store.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...