Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418758 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #900 on: January 18, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Possible ML wave 12 & 13:

Late 2005 - Series 12 - Marvel's "Dark Ages" Series
Origin Capt. America w/ Bucky
Savage Land Wolverine
Ultimate Green Goblin
Mole Man
Loki
Dark Phoenix (new sculpt & costume)
Hannibal King
Mole Man (scary teeth) (variant)
Vampire Hannibal King (variant)

Early 2006 - Series 13 - Marvel's "Renegades" Series
Origin Daredevil
Kingpin
Iron Fist
Power Man
Lady Deathstryke
Ultimate Punisher
Tombstone
Shang Chi
Unmasked Daredevil (variant)
Shang Chi (different costume) (variant)

and the next 3 Spider-Man Classics Villians will be:
Mysterio
Hammerhead
Silver Sable

Interesting list(s), if they are true.  I could see what Scott is saying though, this might be BS.  It does seem awfully early to know these lineups this far in advance, but I guess you never know.  If they are true, there are a few long awaited figures in there, as well as some "wha?" ones.  I really hope the Kingpin turns out to be true, sometime in the near future.  Seems like a no-brainer for a figure, and you know it would be cool.  Power Man and Iron Fist would be cool too.  I didn't really read their individual comics growing up, but they did appear, and I am liking Luke Cage more now since reading "New Avengers".  Might be a cool figure.  I personally think the "1st Appearance/Origin" figures might be kind of neat, I'm really looking forward to the 1st App. Spidey that is rumored to be coming in Wave 10.  I know many people probably aren't a fan of them, since they are starting with main characters that have already been done, but I wouldn't mind one every so often.  Of course, I'd want to see many of the other characters people are hoping for made first.  Anyways, I'll take the list with a grain of salt for now, but we'll see.  Also, the Spidey Classics villains...Hammerhead?  I'm a big Spidey fan, and I do know who that is, but to me that would be a boring figure.  I'd sooner see Hydro-Man or something.

On the ML hunt, nothing new here in town.  Checked our Wal-Marts this weekend, and they have both restocked, but they are with repack cases (1st Cap, Human Torch, Thing, Hulk).  I guess I don't have any of them, but I'm leaning towards the ML8 Cap, and kind of waiting to see in the F4 boxset will drop at Amazon.  No ML8 sightings around here, and I'm really regretting not being able to pull the trigger when Iceman and Doc Ock were available at Amazon.  I keep checking them, but they've been out of stock for awhile now.  I'm trying to just be patient and see if they show up there again, or in stores, instead of heading to ebay.  I did find the Superposeable Spidey and Sandman last week, and actually saw them again this weekend.  I've seen several of each now, which is a welcome change for a Spidey villain.  Both are really nice figures I think.  Hopefully ML8 will start to show soon (or even 6 - Juggernaut in particular - again, never really saw that here).  I feel like now is the time for me to shop for my Marvel figures, before the ROTS onslaught starts ;).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #901 on: January 18, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Both Jesse and Julius Marx have said those lists are B.S...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #902 on: January 18, 2005, 03:51 PM »
I'm not overly keen on that list either.  Some neat stuff in there:

Bucky - sure, why not.  Not sure I would buy it, but I can really see the appeal.  

Wolverine anything ::)

Ultimate Green Goblin - a third Goblin (fourth if you count the movie, fifth if you count hobgoblin)?  Um, why.  We have the SC version, the S6 version, why another?  I'd be really surprised to see this one.

Mole Man - sure, for classic comic fans but I don't really see it selling that well, kind of like Toad.  

Loki - awesome, it just better be in scale with Thor.  

Dark Phoenix -  ::)  I gotta think that's just some fanboy that couldn't get the chase piece talking :P  If they do re-release her, I expect she'd be a chase again, much as what happened with unmasked Wolverine.  

Hannibal King - pass on both.

Origin figures?  Hmm.  

Origin Daredevil - like the green goblin, how many do you really need? - spiderman classics maroon, yellow chase, movie version, SC red that was also repainted in the Urban Legends box set?  The movie didn't do that well.  

Kingpin would be absolutely awesome and about time.  Major, major villain, it's embarassing he's not already out there.  

Iron Fist and Powerman - sure, why not.  I was never a big fan, but they've been around a long time.  

Lady Deathstryke is like another wolverine.  Oh sure, you need her to fight him, but please, not the movie version.  

Ultimate Punisher ::)

Tombstone would be great.  Not sure he quite fits that Legend area but he did have a pretty large role in the comic books (where's my Robbie Robertson figure?) and also in the newer cartoon series from the 90s(?).  I'd welcome this figure, but would see him as a better fit in the SC lineup.  

Shang Chi - um, who? :-[  Sorry, but this is a legendary character I don't really recall.  Remind me, please.

Hammerhead is not bad, kind of a classic spidey villain, but as others mentioned, there are better choices.  Mysterio is confirmed, yes?  Silver Sable would be fine too, but I'd rather see them do the Black Cat with a proper mask that didn't look like cacka.  

Now, where's my white Queen?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #903 on: January 18, 2005, 03:57 PM »
I'd be interested in that Sandman, Ben.  LMK what you're looking for.

Mikey

My want list is here.

I'm mostly looking for the Art Asylum Star Trek figures, but I still need anything on the list.

Thanks.

Sending you a PM.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #904 on: January 18, 2005, 04:04 PM »
Shang Chi

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #905 on: January 18, 2005, 04:46 PM »
Oh.  Ok.  Thanks.  I suppose I probably read that, back in the day.  But wow, bit of a stretch there, isn't it?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #906 on: January 20, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Been waiting to see if Iceman and/or Doc Ock would come back in stock at Amazon, but I don't know if its happening.  I had a couple things I was going to order from Amazon anyways, so thought about tacking on the Captain America (because I want to eventually get one) and spread the shipping out more.  Do you think $9 is too much to pay for this figure though?  From what I understand (and from the standpoint that it and Iron Man are the only ones remaining for sale on Amazon), it isn't all that hard to come by, and I could probably get him cheaper at retail later...if they ever show.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #907 on: January 20, 2005, 09:14 AM »
Word on the local street is that VIII has been bought at Target...they have also hit Wally World and TRU.  However, price at Target is $8.16, with tax and gas, its almost $9.  I'd pull the trigger

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #908 on: January 20, 2005, 09:24 AM »
Thanks for the info Scott, I hadn't realized that Target was charging upwards of $8 on these, that makes it all the more tempting.  Might have to go ahead and pull the trigger on it now.  Is Target just raising prices on every line now?  Star Wars for $7, Legends for $8+, yikes :).  I kind of hate to see that, first off from a collector's standpoint, but also because we're big fans of Target, but they're going to lose more business to Wal-Mart with that type of pricing.  At our local Wally Worlds, Star Wars are $5.88, and ML $6.88.  That's quite a difference.  Again, thanks for the info on that Scott, that makes paying $9 from Amazon easier to stomach :).

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #909 on: January 21, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Does anyone have a spare Vision figure for trade/sale?  It'll end up loose, so I don't care about packaging condition.
Vision apparently never made it into the canadian case assortments, and being an Avengers fan he's a pretty key guy to be missing.

I've got a couple other ML figs for trade (Colossus, Electra, ML8 Cap), and maybe some other things depending on what people are looking for.

If this should be in the classified section, sorry.  Thought it would get more
notice here.  I'm getting close to going the ebay route, but Morgbug suggested I check here.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #910 on: January 21, 2005, 10:11 AM »
I do not nor have I seen VII at retail since before Christmas.  And with the boatloads of Weapon X's on the pegs I don't know how often he'll be around either

I do know that VI, VII and VIII are still shipping though so maybe someone will luck on to one

I also see that Vision is less than $20 BIN which isn't too terrible for a figure packed at 1 per case.  I wouldn't wait too long to get one

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #911 on: January 21, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Any one looking to get rid of a Phasing Ghost Rider at a reasonable price?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #912 on: January 21, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Found the Fantastic FOur boxed set at Wal-Mart tonight for $15. I thought it was cool, so I picked it up.

Also saw the series 7 Ghost Rider. First sign of ML7 in this town.  ::)
No Haweye, Vision, or Apocalypse, of course.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #913 on: January 22, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Found the Fantastic FOur boxed set at Wal-Mart tonight for $15. I thought it was cool, so I picked it up.

****.  No good clearances around here.  I refuse to buy it for full price just to get Sue, a punk ass kid and a lame ass robot, but for $15 I'd buy it
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #914 on: January 22, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Amazon has the S6 box set in stock right now.  Mikey, do you want to order 2 to your place and split the shipping?  It's $44.95 so now cheaper than ebay, but not a spectacular price.  I could paypal you or send the cash.  I want my figures loose, so shipping would be less aggravating that way.  LMK. :)