Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418915 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #960 on: January 28, 2005, 02:16 PM »
Well I went out on the hunt today and all saw was an Ultimate Cap and a Weapon X. (I also saw 1 Durge from series 3 of the Animated clone wars)  :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #961 on: January 28, 2005, 04:32 PM »
Murphy's law: went out on the way home from work today found Black Widow, two Ock, Storm, Man Thing.  Pity I don't need any of them ::)

On the bright side, I got a preview of Ock, he looks great. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #962 on: January 30, 2005, 08:52 PM »
GOt all of them on Friday!  Talk about fast.

Not really sure I want a Blonde Widow...its up for grabs I guess.  Same goes for Doombot...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #963 on: January 31, 2005, 09:27 AM »
FF First Couple of Waves

Will the fact that Sue is a Movie version bug the hell out me?  I don't think it will

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #964 on: January 31, 2005, 10:02 AM »
Thanks for posting that Scott, nice to get some initial looks at the lineups.  The Fantastic Four is really the next Marvel "figures" I really want to get at this point.  I've been holding out for a price drop on the box set at Amazon (can't find it at retail around here right now), but I'm now debating on whether to do that or maybe get the movie figures instead, since they will likely be easy to find (and hopefully affordable).  I don't know, something about the Human Torch and Invisible Woman figures look pretty cool to me...and to be honest I'm not overly crazy about either one of the ML-style Mr. Fantastics.  Hmmm...decisions :).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 10:03 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #965 on: January 31, 2005, 10:04 AM »
I agree Brian, I might replace Series II Torch with the Torch on top there and the Sue and ditch the box set all together. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #966 on: January 31, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Since when the hell can Mr. Fantastic make a saw blade "hand"?  He stretches, not transforms.  ::)

I think Sue is close enough to fit in with ML, which is a good thing.  I actually saw a "clearanced" FF box set yesterday at WM for $30, but Sue was missing  ::).  Bunch of ******* morons working there.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #967 on: January 31, 2005, 10:12 AM »
I agree Brian, I might replace Series II Torch with the Torch on top there and the Sue and ditch the box set all together.

Yeah, I'm tempted to go that route too Scott.  I have seen the ML Thing figure around every so often, so might be able to pick that up, and the Mr. Fantastic one is "clearanced" on Amazon.  That would just leave me to find a Doom somewhere.  Might be better off going that route, as I don't care if I have Franklin or the robot :).  Glad to hear I'm not the only one that thinks some of those figures look kind of neato :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #968 on: January 31, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Not sure what route to go, I wonder if Amazon will clearance the box set shortly because the movie is coming out.  If so, I'd still go that route, mostly because I need a Mr. Fantastic still and prefer the ML version.  I'll just buy a BB gun and shoot up the Thing ::)

In other news, ML VIII is pretty readily available now around here (Superstore).  You need to be quick to get Storm and Widow, otherwise no real problems.  Case pack here is thus:

Doc Ock x2
Captain America x3
Iron Man x2
Iceman x2
Man Thing x1
Storm x1
Black Widow x1

A little better assortment with the two Doc Ocks in there.  Not finding any chase, but not really needing them either.  Would be nice to have them for the novelty but otherwise the only chase I'm currently interested in is the Ghost Rider :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #969 on: January 31, 2005, 10:43 AM »
We've been seeing a few waves past IV showing up here lately too.  This line really seems to be selling like crazy here there, no matter what waves/figures there are.  Last week at our closest Wal-Mart I found and picked up a Juggernaut, and at the time this is what was on the pegs:

2x Juggernaut
2x Brown Wolverine
1x Cable (regular)
3x Movie Punisher
1x Nick Fury
2x Captain America (First Series)
1x Thing
1x Human Torch

That was on Tuesday I believe, by the end of the week only the Fury remained.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #970 on: January 31, 2005, 11:01 AM »
I agree Brian and it's the same here, these sell really fast.  No one up here was expecting series VIII though, we only saw a couple of cases of VII, at TRU mostly.  Lots of VI though and it was even better distributed in other parts of Canada. 

I think this one retailer here (Superstore) actually pays attention to what sells.  Toys are a very small section of their huge store (two short aisles, one for boys, one for girls) so it seems they watch what moves and what sits.  They brought in case after case of ML VI and they all sold through, even the Movie Punisher so lo and behold they have in ML VIII.  And they did carry a very small amount of ML VII as well.  Pretty cool.   

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #971 on: January 31, 2005, 11:02 AM »
The FF figures look cool. I want a clear Invisible woman since i never found the chase box set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #972 on: January 31, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Actually came across my first Series 8 figure today at KB. One Storm was on the pegs along with the numerous Weapon X, Beasts and Elektras. If I hadn't already gotten her from Amazon I would of picked her up.

No ML at any local Walmarts here. Just 6 empty pegs. Guess thats good and bad. Would be nice to come across a Black Widow or Doc Ock. Hell would be nice to come across a Apocolypse, Hawkeye and Vision too.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #973 on: February 1, 2005, 02:02 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #974 on: February 1, 2005, 02:26 PM »
New Galactus pic!

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=Marvel%2FML9&pic=10.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

Is the last pic in that series to scale?  If so, then Galactus is awesomely huge.  Next to Prof X he looks great.