Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 418846 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #990 on: February 3, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Yeah, that's the one thing I was disappointed with too Mikey.  I suppose it has to do with the rumored "changing faces" feature.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #991 on: February 3, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Agreed on mysterio, I may have to spray paint the inside of the bowl. 

On Stretch - yeah, looks like a spidey face, wonder why?  Unless it's some alien symbiote stuff going on, but I have no recollection from a spidey comic pre-ASM 315 or so. 

The Venom figure is the original release as far as I can see.  That's just the "glob" base he came with.  That figure weighs a ton.  I'm going to have two Venom figures shortly, the old you see in the pic and the S6 version.  Guess I get to see which I prefer.  Only other big duplication is a crappy Doc Ock (oh, and what I think is a preferable green goblin, so what to do with the regular release ???)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #992 on: February 3, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I thought I saw two Venoms in one of those shots actually, the original one with the same base (on the right hand side), and then a second one that was on the left hand shelf, just to the left of the Spidey with the big white balls or egg-like contraptions.  "House eggin' Spidey" if you will.  Maybe I didn't see it correctly though, it looked like the same Venom with some sort of gun contraption strapped on.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #993 on: February 3, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I thought I saw two Venoms in one of those shots actually, the original one with the same base (on the right hand side), and then a second one that was on the left hand shelf, just to the left of the Spidey with the big white balls or egg-like contraptions.  "House eggin' Spidey" if you will.  Maybe I didn't see it correctly though, it looked like the same Venom with some sort of gun contraption strapped on.

:o
Oh, that hideous thing.  Yeah, that would be the prison cleaner gun Venom.  Looks like one of the web splashers they had out.  I think that's old too, though I sort of twitch when I look at the web splasher and associated lines.  Makes me think of bad Batman toys.  I mentally block them out without conciously doing so. 

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #994 on: February 3, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Just curious if any of you know which figures are all contained in the "Best Of" cases that are currently shipping (or have shipped) to Wal-Mart.  I think it is only at Wal-Mart anyways.  I thought that Human Torch and Thing were both in that case, but wasn't sure.  I've always wanted to pick up a Torch figure (my fave of the Fan 4), and have been a fan of Thing as well.  I thought about waiting for the box set or movie figures, but I think I'd want a comic accurate (and in Torch's case, fully "flamed on") version as well.  I might end up waiting yet, but was just curious if anyone had an idea of the case breakout of that wave.  I thought I had seen Captain America, Thing, and Torch, although I passed at that time since I didn't really have the money for it.  Anyways, long story short, anyone have any idea of the breakdown for that "Best Of" case or whatever it is called?

Dude, get the original Torch. He's a fantastic looking figure and he's out now. I didn't know anything about "best of" reships; I thought they were just old stock getting dumped on shelves, but I've seen Torch and labcoat Hulk. Torch has older articulation which is actually kind of limited for an ML fig (at least compared to new ones like Iceman). But he's a beautiful rendering. I always say he looks just like the drawn comic character popped right of the page into 3D. Anyway, he's much better looking than the half-flaming one in the set. Get him!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #995 on: February 3, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Man, Hulk looks awesome. i really want him and the green one now. I just hope they keep him that size.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #996 on: February 3, 2005, 09:23 PM »
Yeah, I want green Hulk and old school Spidey. No webbed pits, tho. :P

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #997 on: February 4, 2005, 04:02 PM »
Wooohooo!

Got a shipping notice from Amazon, all four variants are on their way :)

Did you ever get the variants?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #998 on: February 4, 2005, 04:42 PM »
GOt all of them on Friday!  Talk about fast.

Not really sure I want a Blonde Widow...its up for grabs I guess.  Same goes for Doombot...

There you go, he got them all (just think Scott's preoccupied for the next while, so I'm taking the liberty of answering for him)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #999 on: February 4, 2005, 05:38 PM »
GOt all of them on Friday!  Talk about fast.

Not really sure I want a Blonde Widow...its up for grabs I guess.  Same goes for Doombot...

There you go, he got them all (just think Scott's preoccupied for the next while, so I'm taking the liberty of answering for him)

Cool thanks,
 and Scott if you still wan tto get rid of the Blinde Black widow let me know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1000 on: February 8, 2005, 08:42 AM »
Some clearer pics of the first two assortments of Fantastic Four movie figures have popped up (at Fwooshnet and GH).  I really think most of these figures look pretty good, although I'm curious about this particular version of Dr. Doom with the "peel away skin".  I really think I'm leaning towards getting one version of each character though, depending on how they look if/when we see them at Toy Fair.  Oh...and if Amazon drops the price low on the ML box set :).  Here's a lookee:

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1001 on: February 8, 2005, 09:10 AM »
From what I understand, the movie is going to follow the Ultimate version of FF. 

Possible spoilers below:

In the Ultimate universe, Doom was present when the FF got their powers (via an experiment and not a space shuttle ) and ended up with a completely "steel" body.  I believe in the movie, Doom is on the space shuttle with the FF when they got their powers.  It would make sense that Doom was also affected, probably with an all "steel" body.  The peel away skin is his disguise.

I'm getting that IW figure, mainly because I want my own Jessica Alba figure but partly because I'm not paying top dollar for the box set just to get a version of IW.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1002 on: February 8, 2005, 09:26 AM »
That's kind of how I understood it (movie-wise) as well Mikey.  I wonder how well that will translate to figure-form.  Doom seems to be the only character we haven't seen in toy form at all (from the movie) yet, only seeing drawings of the potential figures thus far.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1003 on: February 8, 2005, 09:42 AM »
I wish they would do more classic story lines.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1004 on: February 8, 2005, 12:22 PM »
We are getting the world's most hideous case assortment right now :'(  Walmart, of all places is carrying ML now, but the stores are getting in a box that has the following figures:

Punisher
Movie Punisher
Brown Wolverine
Cable

That's it :o 

I had originally thought that this was a bunch of post-Christmas returns but it now appears that is not the case.  The only way it could be is if everyone that got a punisher figure has decided to return it suddenly and only to Walmart.  My thought is that we are seeing the dregs of some other stock from North America being picked up by the Toy Biz reps and then being reboxed and sold to Walmart, probably at a fantastic discount.  Of course Walmart has not passed on those savings, though their price is better than other retailers for the most part. 

TRU is actually clearing out something as well - the Urban Legends box set and at a very reasonable $14.99 CAD.  Unfortunately I already have the white Electra and have no need for a Punisher, yet another Daredevil or another Spidey figure :-\