Author Topic: The Amazon "Share the Love" Thread  (Read 11275 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: The Amazon "Share the Love" Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2004, 04:56 PM »
No interest in Chappelle's Show, apparently, but Mattttttt and Scottttttt--I think I might have just sent you guys Love on it (and the GN'R videos DVD) anyway, because you're my Amazon Butt Buddies or whatever.

On the GN'R note--Scott, want to STL on the Illusion I & II DVDs?  Or do you already have them?

They're like $13.48 each or something now, which I guess after the STL would bring them to $12.14 each, or $24.28 for both, which would put it just under the $25 Free Shipping thing, but if you ordered something else, you'd be good.

Let me know (and anyone else that may be interested, too) (which is pretty much going to limit it to Matt, since we're the only people participating in this pathetic thread. . .)

:-\
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2004, 05:04 PM »
No on Chapelle yes to Gn'R, I don't have those yet, you rool

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2004, 05:18 PM »
Love Shared, again.

(And to make this a more substantial post, I'll type up the bio from the back of the new Artoo card:

During a daring mission to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, R2-D2 and C-3PO were sent into the Hutt's palace on Tatooine, where they became the grisly crime lord's property.  Artoo served as a waiter, distributing drinks aboard Jabba's sail barge.  Little did any of the criminal dregs suspect that the droid carried in him Luke Skywalker's lightsaber, which he launched to the unarmed Jedi, who went on to rescue himself and his friends.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2004, 07:52 PM »
Little weenie?  Yeah, right...   ::)

Sorry 'bout not lovingly humping someone's leg on the Brat Pack set, but I could never dig up my old Costco receipt that I was hoping I still had lying around somewhere, so I'm stuck with my original set.  Sorry!   :-*

Not a big Chappelle fan either, even though I caught him once down at a Comedy Club on the Sunset Strip several years ago.  Dig up an old Eddie Murphy routine on DVD (self titled or Comedian), and we'll talk.

- The Heartbreaker

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2004, 02:10 PM »
I'm AngryEwok, bitch.

Edit - so much for that Chappelle imitation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 02:10 PM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2004, 06:48 PM »
I'm AngryEwok, *****.

Edit - so much for that Chappelle imitation.

I'm Rick James, b!tch!

What did the five fingers say to the face?!?!

SLAP!

I wondered how long it'd be before some Chappelle quotes made their way over here.

(And, truth be known--I haven't even seen the Rick James episodes in person--I only know them from online references. . .)

I suck.

Hard.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Did you see Dave do 'Prince'? Perfect.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2004, 08:49 PM »
Did you see Dave do 'Prince'? Perfect.

"Blouces."

Quite good.

I'd share the love if they get some new toys up. :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #53 on: March 1, 2004, 04:10 AM »
So. . .  Anyone up for Sharing some more Love?

The Simpsons: The Complete Third Season (currently $32.49, the lowest price on the 'net--would be $29.25 after the STL discount)

Family Guy: Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (currently $34.99--would be $31.50. . .Best overall online price)

Family Guy: Volume 2: Season 3 (currently $37.49--would be $33.75. . .Best overall internet price)

Bowling for Columbine: Special Edition (currently $14.99--would be $13.50. . .Best overall internet price)

PRE-ORDERS

Schindler's List (widescreen) (currently $18.89--would be $17.01. . .Best overall online price) March 9th

(Trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on Schindler--not that I won't get the DVD, but we'll find out next weekend if any B & M will beat that price. . .)

Freaks and Geeks: The Complete Series (currently $48.99--would be $44.10. . .Best overall online price) (April 6th)

The Matrix Revolutions (widescreen) (currently $19.47--would be $17.55. . .Best overall online price) (April 6th)

Kill Bill: Volume 1 (currently $19.49--would be $17.55. . .Best overall online price) (April 13th)

As always, let me know if you're interested, anyone. . .
« Last Edit: March 1, 2004, 04:10 AM by Billy Corgan »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Dang it, I'm wanting to buy those Family Guy sets...did you buy them yet?  I'd like to wait a while though, my DVD purchases have created a huge backlog of watching material :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: March 2, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Dang it, I'm wanting to buy those Family Guy sets...did you buy them yet?  I'd like to wait a while though, my DVD purchases have created a huge backlog of watching material :-\

Hell no, dude, haven't bought 'em yet--was waiting on a response from you.

Besides, I've got like, eleven DVDs on the way right now--need to let my credit card cool off a bit before I order some more.  

But yeah, just let me know when you're ready to pull the trigger on Family Guy. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #56 on: March 2, 2004, 06:59 PM »

Besides, I've got like, eleven DVDs on the way right now--need to let my credit card cool off a bit before I order some more.

Scratch that--and make it fourteen, and then scratch that, and make it twelve.

I was counting the Ultimate Vacation Collection as one title, when actually, it's four.  So, fourteen.

But then, I got home, and my Pirates and Fargo discs were waiting on me, so. . .  

Twelve.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2004, 01:33 AM »
Alright, we're all bumping old threads up, so what the hell. . .

After a relatively slow March, April's gonna bring a relative shower of potential Amazon-worthy material, most notably Freaks & Geeks, Matrix: Revolutions, and Kill Bill: Volume 1, among others.

On top of that, I've got some Love, that if not used by the sixth, will go away forever.

So, anyone up for anything?  I'm "needing" to do something on both Family Guy sets here pretty soon. . .

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2004, 09:56 PM »
V, any specific things you were looking to order in the DVD department? I could see about my finances thursday (cutting it close with the 6 day deal) I get paid thurs...so let me know, and see if we can have some love together.

God did that sound oh so wrong. But it feels oh so right.

Kevin :-*
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2004, 10:06 PM »
we can have some love together.

Not until you're eighteen, we can't.