Author Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2004, 12:01 AM »
Boy, you said it:  That bathroom scene was hilarious, and my favorite scene as well.  I was thinking, though, surely there'd be some more to it--with piss being all over his clothes, or, better yet, that stewardess b!tch finding it or something. . .

Also liked the staredown between Larry and the doorman, and the "YOU WILL FAIL" curse that the Daily Show guy put on Larry.

But I agree--the first half was fine, but the second half dragged.  Big time.  Personally, I can't stand Mel Brooks, and I hate "Broadway"/plays/musicals, that type of crap, so it just didn't click with me.

Besides that, though, a couple of questions from someone who's only seen the first season before this episode:

--Since when does Larry cheat on Cheryl?  Is this a one-time deal, or a regular occurence?

--What the hell is he doing starring in a Broadway show?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Her 10th anniversary present to him was to allow him to sleep with one other person...anyone he wanted to before their anniversary.  The last episode was sort of about that too, so was the one where he took a hooker to the baseball game so he could drive in the High Occupancy Lane...

The Producers thing was the running bit all season, the whole thing was revealed right at the end..."Everything Larry David touches turns to ****!"  Mel wanted the show to flop and so he cast Larry...and really all season, he's been awful (orginally Ben Stiller was going to be with him in the Musical) He forgot lines, didn't pass his physical, fought with both Scwimmer and Stiller (who quit because Larry wouldn't ride in the front seat of BEn's car)

I did like Jerry leaving during the middle of the show, "Hey is that Jennifer Aniston?"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 12:21 AM »
Her 10th anniversary present to him was to allow him to sleep with one other person...anyone he wanted to before their anniversary.

Oh, okay.  Makes a lot more sense now.  I was thinking that the anniversary present was something Larry was supposed to buy Cheryl, and he kept putting it off because of the show.

Thanks for the explanation with The Producers.  I was trying to figure out from earlier why in the world Larry would be hanging out with David Schwimmer.

I did like Jerry leaving during the middle of the show, "Hey is that Jennifer Aniston?"

Yeah--nice to see Jerry.  I wonder if he's been on the show before.  I don't know if you know or not, since you've only seen this season, but have Jason Alexander and Michael Richards been on the show yet?

(By the way, since we're the only ones participating in this thread, I figure I can safely say that everyone else sucks balls for not watching this show and/or contributing to this thread. . .)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 12:25 AM »
Jason was on in one episode I watched, it may have been a rerun though, don't know on Michael...

Everyone else does suck big balls

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2004, 11:24 AM »
A little birdy with computer troubles (lets call him Matt B. or M. Birchall) let me know that Season 2 of Curb is coming in June.  We shared some Love (I'm smoking a cigarette now) at the Amazon.com site and I can't wait to get this...

I've seen very little of Seasons 2 or 3, some reruns and what I have seen has been great, can't wait for this

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2004, 06:13 PM »
When this sow first came on I tried to tell all my seinfeld pals that didn;t have HBO they needed to get it just for this show. THis show is funny I owuldn;t call it brilliant, but it's funny. By the way those of you who know APOTF here in the forums would love to know he is just like Larry David. With White trash refinement. don't get me wrong APOTF is loaded and very smart he just prefers to live like this.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 12:14 AM »
By the way those of you who know APOTF here in the forums would love to know he is just like Larry David. With White trash refinement. don't get me wrong APOTF is loaded and very smart he just prefers to live like this.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, but I do know that I received my Curb: Season 2 set over the weekend.  Watched the first disc (five episodes) so far, and while I don't think they were as funny as I thought the first five episodes of Season One were, there was just something incredibly sexy about Julia Louis Dreyfuss saying "f--k".

Episodes six through ten coming up this week!

(And hopefully, with S2 coming out in June--this will mean that Season Three will be out before Christmas.  If they could sync up a release with the Seinfeld DVDs. . .  well, that would be pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty good.)