Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336900 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #195 on: December 3, 2009, 12:19 PM »
Matchstick has got the be the hardest figure ever to find...  After I scored one yesterday, I went to three other stores hoping to continue my luck.  One had this huge aisle setup with the SW figures.  Lots of the recent ANH, ROTJ, ESB and ROTS waves, as well as parts of the said CW wave - just the Matchsticks had already been cleaned out.  I'll keep hunting as I'd rather not pay for one off ebay at the moment.   
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 3, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Scored Matchstick, Padme, Ziro's Assassin droid and the AT-TE Gunner this morning.  Also got the Rishi Moon outpost battle pack and Obi-Wan with the Freeco bike.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 3, 2009, 05:35 PM »
OK, another Matchstick was not so hard to find.  I went to the ghetto Wal Mart of my town, where people tend not to buy action figures, and scored another.  Same store had all SW figures down to $6.00 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 4, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I bought "Adventure" Padme, another Admiral Yularen (for the table, anyone want the Admiral? If so $3+shipping-PM me if interested)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 5, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I got my CostCo exclusive AT-TE in the mail yesterday...this thing is monstrous and totally worth the $$$, IMO. It was a long time coming but well worth the wait. My Clone Wars collection is officially complete!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 7, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Yesterday at Toys R Us where I live there were a lot of new Star Wars The Clone Wars Figures.  I only picked the Space suit Ahsoka Tano, Cad Bane, and the Space Suit Anakin.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 8, 2009, 01:54 AM »
For the FIRST TIME EVER, there were no TCW figures at my local Target! Instead, there was only TLC stuff! Wowzas! That NEVER happens!

Oh, and the Obi-Wan and Dooku Deluxe sets finally made their appearance here. Those two were the only Deluxe sets available, besides the Can-cell set.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2009, 11:04 AM »
Picked up Whorm Loathsom yesterday. A figure that was a pegwarmer a month ago has now officially disappeared from my local WM, as I bought the last one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Scored the 2 Target exclusive battle packs this morning.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Brian's Toys now has the Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown Battle Packs in stock and available to order. Hopefully this is a good sign they will start showing up at retail soon. I wasn't planning to buy either, but with such a dearth of new product lately, I'll take what I can get, even repacks (shudder).

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Brian's Toys now has the Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown Battle Packs in stock and

What is in the Jedi Showdown set?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2009, 10:48 AM »
What is in the Jedi Showdown set?

Repacks of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Asajj - clicky for boxed pic at RS.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:51 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Has there been any confirmation one way or the other if any of the figures in either the Jedi Showdown or Holocron Heist battle packs have paint op variations when compared to their single-carded release versions?

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2009, 04:52 PM »
I am 99% sure they are straight re-packs, but I don't have any hard evidence to verify that. I just seem to recall Hasbro mentioning this as the BP direction for the future, repacks versus new product. From what I can tell from looking at the pics closely and comparing them to the carded versions, they are identical.

I do hope I am wrong about that though, I hate re-packs.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 24, 2009, 05:41 PM »
Found Whorm Loathsom, Jawas, and ARF Trooper for the first time EVER - all at a Walgreens. Does anyone know whether or not the ARF Trooper is harder to find? Because I'm regretting not picking him up.  ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"