Author Topic: justiceforkurt.com  (Read 1165 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
justiceforkurt.com
« on: April 6, 2004, 09:25 PM »
i just found a very interesting website... justice for kurt - which pretty much gives a good arguement for re-opening kurt cobain's "suicide" and giving some really good reasons that he might have been murdered instead... anybody have any theories on this? or thoughts?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: justiceforkurt.com
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2004, 12:47 AM »
There's been 2 threads on this over at RS in the past couple of years and I for one don't buy any of this...

#1 If there was a murder don't you think the police would be looking into Ms Love...who the hell at Seattle PD cares about what she could do to them

#2 I for one believe he was suicidal...he's been quoted numerous times on the subject, was obsessed with guns, was quoted as saying he wanted to join the 27 Club (with Hendrix et al).  The whole Rome thing

#3 He was a hard core heroin addict, the whole drug OD before he had shot himself has no merit in my eyes...he was a junky, he could handle a lot more heroin than the average person.  I found a website last year comparing his dose with that with other heroin users and it was by no means debilitating or lethal, he was coherrent when he pulled the trigger

As I just said at RS (and I realize dave you gave up posting there so you probably haven't seen my thoughts on said subject)...

These people that are slinging consipiracy theories have nothing to gain but money and as that report says the 75x thing is wrong and him being a junky means that he was able to handle a lot more smack than the average person. We've also been down this road before

His diaries were published last year full of suicidal thoughts and tendancies, he'd been obsessed with killing himself for years

Its sad, its sad he left behind his little girl, its sad he couldn't deal with the fame that was justly or unjustly thrown upon him. Its sad he was a heroin addict and refused to get help (take a look at Scott Weiland and Layne Staley for further examples).

I was also a Freshman in College, I believe we had just gotten back from Spring Break and the hot rumor was that they were going to play Lollapalooza that summer. I had turned down tickets in '93 to go see them play, kicking myself on that one still...RIP Kurt...

Also...nice of everyone in that thread to bring up Layne Stayley too who OD'd two years ago and wasn't found for days.  I have never had to deal with hard core physical addiction (except little plastic men) and I cannot believe how hard it must be to give it up when people die every week from the stuff.  I don't think shows they are weak or just another junky...heroin addicts are over across all levels of society.  It sounds like an awful drug and its sad what a grip it has on people.  

vacate is the word...vengeance has no place on me or her
cannot find the comfort in this world
artificial tear...vessel stabbed...next up, volunteers
vulnerable, wisdom can't adhere...
a truant finds home...and a wish to hold on...
but there's a trapdoor in the sun...immortality...
as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show
swept out through the cracks beneath the door
holier than thou, how?
surrendered...executed anyhow
scrawl dissolved, cigar box on the floor...
a truant finds home...and a wish to hold on too...
he saw the trapdoor in the sun...
immortality...
i cannot stop the thought...i'm running in the dark...
coming up a which way sign...all good truants must decide...
oh, stripped and sold, mom...auctioned forearm...
and whiskers in the sink...
truants move on...cannot stay long
some die just to live...
ohh...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2004, 01:06 AM »
I once heard a tale in Spin Magazine that his friend was with him a month before Cobain died, and Cobain was trying to buy a gun. Of course, the guy didn't think anything of it at the time.

It came from Spin and my poor memory, so take it as you will.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2004, 07:14 AM »
I agree with Scott.  More times than not, the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.  In this case, Kurt put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.  Sad, but true.  

Common sense isn't so common