Author Topic: 6" Black Series TROS Wave 1  (Read 13293 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
6" Black Series TROS Wave 1
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:52 AM »
I really have no idea how to label these waves anymore, so let's just go with TROS Wave 1 (even though it's part J:FO and part TM).

Official Hasbro Press Release and Press Photos - click on the thumbnails for larger pics.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH THE MANDALORIAN Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH THE MANDALORIAN figure, inspired by the THE MANDALORIAN live-action TV series on Disney Plus. This figure comes with THE MANDALORIAN-inspired accessories, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH OFFWORLD JAWA Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH OFFWORLD JAWA figure, inspired by the THE MANDALORIAN live-action TV series on Disney Plus. This figure comes with OFFWORLD JAWA-inspired accessories, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH CAL KESTIS Figure
Fans and collectors can imagine exciting moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH CAL KESTIS figure, inspired by the STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER video game. This figure comes with a CAL KESTIS-inspired accessory, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure, droid, and 1 accessory. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SECOND SISTER INQUISITOR Figure
Fans and collectors can imagine exciting moments from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SECOND SISTER INQUISITOR figure, inspired by the STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER video game. This figure comes with a SECOND SISTER INQUISITOR-inspired accessory, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 1 accessory. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER Figure
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER figure, inspired by STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI. This figure comes with FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER-inspired accessories, and features premium detail and multiple points of articulation, making it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN Figure
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN figure, inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. This figure comes with a SUPREME LEADER KYLO REN-inspired accessory and features premium deco with four fully articulated limbs that makes it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 1 accessory. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH REY & D-O 2-PACK
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH REY & D-O 2-PACK, inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. This 2-pack comes with character-inspired accessories and features premium deco that makes a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure, droid, and 3 accessories. Available at most major retailers.

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SITH TROOPER Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 & up/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Fall 2019)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium SITH TROOPER figure, inspired by STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. The STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES 6-INCH SITH TROOPER action figure features premium deco and four fully articulated limbs, and comes with two SITH TROOPER-inspired accessories that makes it a great addition to any STAR WARS collection. Includes figure and 2 accessories. Available at D23 via shopDisney and in limited quantities at most major online retailers and HasbroPulse.com starting on September 4, 2019.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series TROS Wave 1
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 02:49 PM »
I was excited to think we were getting the Seventh Sister from Rebels and wondered why we never saw a removable helmet... then I finally read that it's from the game. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I was excited to think we were getting the Seventh Sister from Rebels and wondered why we never saw a removable helmet... then I finally read that it's from the game. 

When I initially saw the report of another female Inquisitor I thought the same.  Especially when I saw the helmet.  The whole Seventh (Rebels) and Second (SWJ-FO) Sister business is a little confusing if you say or read it too fast.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Got the basic Sith Trooper from Amazon today. One fig down
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 11:51 AM »

Did it come in a regular black box?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 12:43 PM »

Did it come in a regular black box?

Yes.

I think the black box looks better in my recycling bin than the First Edition one would have......
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:45 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: October 4, 2019, 12:31 AM »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Those First Edition white boxes were way harder to find than I expected. Only 2/6 Targets had them and GameStop only got like 1-2 figures per store it seemed, AND wanted $25 for them!

I wonder how many of those they actually made. Definitely inconsistent how they were clustered. Happy I got all 8 but i was sweating it for awhile there.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #9 on: October 4, 2019, 08:57 PM »
Those First Edition white boxes were way harder to find than I expected. Only 2/6 Targets had them and GameStop only got like 1-2 figures per store it seemed, AND wanted $25 for them!

I wonder how many of those they actually made. Definitely inconsistent how they were clustered. Happy I got all 8 but i was sweating it for awhile there.

Interesting, around me the white boxes were all that could be found. No Mandalorian, but the others were easy to find. Did not see the new wave in standard packaging in any of the 6 stores I hit
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 5, 2019, 01:05 PM »
I had no trouble finding the white boxed figures...  The first Walmart I hit had them all, but there was only one Mandalorian that I let another collector take (plenty of the regular black/red boxed Mandalorians though).  The Target I went to afterwards also had plenty of the white boxed figures and then I found the “Carbonite” Mandalorian there, so got that for the $24.99 price.  A second Target I visited (well after the opening hours) still had plenty of the white box figures, including the Mandalorian, so I picked that up as well.  Between about three stores in my area, I was able to get the complete first edition wave all for the $19.99 price.  What surprised me was the smallish selection between the Targets and Walmarts I visited (one Walmart wasn’t even planning to stock the Star Wars stuff, or so they said) and the fact that a lot of the other collectors I encountered weren’t wholly interested in the Black Series 6” figures or the 3.75” TVC ones. I was certainly one of the few people buying more than a couple of the figures at a given time.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 9, 2019, 10:42 PM »
I didn't realize there were two repacks in this wave.  I grabbed them all, but after getting them home I was a little bummed to see the First Order Stormtrooper was a reissue and the Jawa (Offworld) was just a slightly different color from the previous Jawa.  For some reason I thought there were fairly significant differences in these figures from what we had received previously.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 9, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Am I crazy (yes I'm too lazy to get up and check), but doesn't the original Jawa have plastic robes and this one cloth?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 01:04 AM »
They updated the FO Stormie's elbows so that he can better hold his blaster with 2 hands. I saw a great comparison pic somewhere
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2019, 08:55 AM »
Am I crazy (yes I'm too lazy to get up and check), but doesn't the original Jawa have plastic robes and this one cloth?

No, both are cloth.