Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352094 times)

Offline BIG MAC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • JEDICON WV
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #780 on: December 7, 2007, 05:49 PM »
Found 2 sets  of the Cantina exclusives today at my Wal-Mart.These were by far the hardest of the GALACTIC HEROES sets to obtain !
"Going to CHEERS to find my name"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 7, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Found 2 sets  of the Cantina exclusives today at my Wal-Mart.These were by far the hardest of the GALACTIC HEROES sets to obtain !

Probably because you're the first in the country to find them  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #782 on: December 7, 2007, 06:07 PM »
I hit up walmart today and no luck. There is one auction on ebay and its from singapore so they are probably just starting to hit in the us
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 9, 2007, 11:07 AM »
I posted this over in the "Wal-Mart Exclusives: Where Are They?" thread in the 30th Anniversary section, but I saw the new Cantina GH packs at a Wal-Mart in VA this morning.  They had two of each set on the shelf below their regularly overflowing pegs of Jerjerrod and Endor Threepios from last year. 

Just a heads-up to you GH collectors that they are, as BIG MAC stated, out there. :)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 10, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Just a heads-up to you GH collectors that they are, as BIG MAC stated, out there. :)

I'm glad to hear this are FINALLY being found!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 10, 2007, 09:34 AM »
We went and checked all three of our local Targets for the Jabba's set this weekend, and all three were sold out with none in the stockroom.  I might have to find some help with this one.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Quote from: Rebelscum's website
Galactic Heroes Two Pack Assortment
This line will explode with another 28 two packs planned for the new year.

Galactic Heroes Vehicle Assortment
There are currently 5 vehicles planned for 2008.

28 two packs?  The 16 or so per year had been feeling about right.  Are they sure it isn't 14 2-packs for a total of 28 new figures?  Or maybe, based on a Hasbro Q&A question from a week or two ago, it could be possible that 12 of those packs are new pairings of various 10-pack exclusives (shadow trooper and purple clone, e.g.)?  Or are they just also counting old 2-packs that get packed into the cases?

5 vehicles is exciting.  If speederbike/maulbike reissues count as 2 of those, I'll be disappointed.  If convertable landspeeder/x-wing count as 2, I'll be embarrased.  Otherwise, that's amazing news.

Also, still no Wal-mart sets here.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:51 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Based on what we know about next year (Clone Wars cartoon, TFU), I'm not surprised everything is on an upswing. 

With the two big multi-media pushes (TFU in Spring, CW in Fall), next year is shaping up to be huge for almost every toy sub-line in the SW family, GH stuff included apparently.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Marshallmario

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 17, 2007, 04:12 PM »
Today might be the day to recheck those Walmarts. I stopped at mine in Madison, WI. and they were loading up the endcap with both Cantina sets. There were maybe a dozen of each set.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Today might be the day to recheck those Walmarts. I stopped at mine in Madison, WI. and they were loading up the endcap with both Cantina sets. There were maybe a dozen of each set.

You're right, my wife and I found 'em last night in Madison, too (Alabama, that is).  Meanwhile, the store was absolutley crawling with 2-packs.  They were in the action figure aisle, along the featured toy aisle display, even on top of the self check out registers... and the assortment was endless.  It looked like almost every 2-pack Hasbro has ever put out was available.   Awesome.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:05 AM by The Stolen CCG License »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 18, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Meanwhile, the store was absolutley crawling with 2-packs.  They were in the action figure aisle, along the featured toy aisle display, even on top of the self check out registers... and the assortment was endless.  It looked like almost every 2-pack Hasbro has ever put out was available.   Awesome.

I noticed this the last time I was at our local WM as well, the GH two packs were everywhere.  They had their own "endcap" display type things (not really on an endcap, but in the "middle of the main aisle" displays that WM has).  There was a ton in the aisle as well, but they did seem to be selling pretty well.  I'm sure they would make great stocking stuffers.  Also of note, our local store has removed the "self checkers", one of the only things that made going to Wal-Mart tolerable for me.  Since they usually don't even have half of their checkouts open, its hard to justify a 20 minute wait in line for a couple of Star Wars figures.  From now on, especially this time of year, I avoid WM at all costs unless there is an exclusive or something popping up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 18, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Meanwhile, the store was absolutley crawling with 2-packs.  They were in the action figure aisle, along the featured toy aisle display, even on top of the self check out registers... and the assortment was endless.  It looked like almost every 2-pack Hasbro has ever put out was available.   Awesome.

I noticed this the last time I was at our local WM as well, the GH two packs were everywhere.  They had their own "endcap" display type things (not really on an endcap, but in the "middle of the main aisle" displays that WM has).  There was a ton in the aisle as well, but they did seem to be selling pretty well.  I'm sure they would make great stocking stuffers. 

The few WMs I (have to) visit this time of year have the Marvel/SW/Transformer sets all bundled together in the middle of the main aisle.

Also of note, our local store has removed the "self checkers", one of the only things that made going to Wal-Mart tolerable for me.  Since they usually don't even have half of their checkouts open, its hard to justify a 20 minute wait in line for a couple of Star Wars figures.  From now on, especially this time of year, I avoid WM at all costs unless there is an exclusive or something popping up.

That really sucks.  I don't even bother shopping at WMs that don't have self checkout, but half the times I go they're shut down anyways with only the "cigarette" lane open way at the other end with 15 people in line.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #792 on: December 28, 2007, 06:27 PM »
And just like that they pull me back in.

"3. Any plans for more vehicles in the Galactic Heroes line?

Answer: Yessir! First up, we will be getting the Millenium Falcon back into circulation in a special "Cinema Scene"-inspired window-boxed style package with Han, Chewie, R2-D2 & C-3PO. Look for this exclusively at Wal-Mart in approximately February. After that, we have plans to continue our popular Cinema Scenes format with some more sets in '08 featuring some new takes on existing vehicles along with some new vehicles *and* creatures. The GH goodness will really be amped up next Fall."

If they do a Rancor, bantha, and dewback i know i will have to pick them up.

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 30, 2007, 02:59 AM »
That's excellent news!  I never did buy the Falcon, so I'm glad to hear this will return to retail.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 03:00 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 31, 2007, 10:18 AM »
Brian, did you nab the Target sets yet?  Jesse, the Wal-Mart sets? 

Grabbed my youngest 11 yr. old the Target sets yesterday, they had to go get them from the back.  He did not have the X-Wing stuff so it was nice those were all new.  Jabba's Palace is a nice set that he has displayed open in his room.

Are the Lando, Gamo, others in that sets repacked or repaints.  A little color blind over here  ;D.