Author Topic: 2018 HasLab - TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)  (Read 137300 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2018 TVC Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna)
« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2023, 01:52 AM »
Ed, clearly, the Barge is too much work to move. It sounds very difficult. I'll have to come and take it off your hands for you...  :P :-*
"This is the way."

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 24, 2023, 09:06 AM »
It won't be that far of a move.  Within 30 minutes or so.  Not that I'm thinking of selling it, but just for the future in case I decide to get rid of everything, I was wondering if full disassembly was possible to put everything back in the original packaging.  So far, it is mostly disassembled.  Only things I haven't tried yet are the above mentioned sail posts...not really sure if the top portion can be separated from the main beam...and the feet underneath.  Everything else has come apart with no issue and is put back into the original packaging.  I just didn't want to force the thing and break something.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #782 on: June 26, 2023, 10:29 AM »
I would focus on taking the side fins off and the sails. I just took the sails off last week to vacuum them, so it's pretty easy. The other thing I would make sure you take out are the three little pieces that plug into the bottom. They're all towards the back and they're small and could be easily lost. Once you do that, take the guns and cannon off the upper deck and wrap the thing in some bubble wrap or paper or something like that. Should be easy enough.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 27, 2023, 06:45 AM »
I decided to just pack the sail frames separately.  Looking at assembly videos, I don't think they would come apart easily.  Everything else came apart with no problem and was relatively easy to put back into the original packaging.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 25, 2023, 04:50 PM »
The dead ithorian in the barge... he's molded to the ground yeah?  I wanted to take him out to put him on my shelves but he doesn't seem to budge where his legs are touching the ground, despite seeming to have limited articulation otherwise?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #785 on: September 26, 2023, 09:43 AM »
The dead ithorian in the barge... he's molded to the ground yeah?

I don't recall the exact details, but I believe he's got a peg on him that is secured to the barge somehow.  I know a few people were going to try to get him out so they could scan him for 3-D printing purposes, but not sure if anyone found a way to safely remove him or not.  I guess you could try googling to see if someone found an easy way to get him out of jail/
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 26, 2023, 01:08 PM »
Yeah I didn't have any luck looking it up.  It's all good, I don't want to mess with it.