Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

New versions of OT on Disney+?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on November 12, 2019, 01:40 PM ---So "MacKlunkey" is now a thing in Star Wars.
--- End quote ---

I am continually surprised by the knowledge of Star Wars fans.  It's actually "ma klounkee" and it's always been a thing in Star Wars.  Sebulba says it to lil Anakin in Episode I.  :o

Sebulba:
"Neek me chawa, wermo, mo killee ma klounkee."  (Next time we race, wermo, it will be the end of you!)
"Una notu wo shag, me wompity du pom pom."  (If you weren't a slave, I'd squash you right now.)

source

So now, in Lucas canon, Greedo threatens Han (it will be the end of you) and that starts the same-time laser shots.  Crazy that this is still a thing that is changing after all these years...

Jesse James:
I like it better than it had been.  Still prefer Han just cutting him down though.

Scockery:
It would've been funny if the scene was cut entirely and Jabba's dialogue was changed to "Why are you avoiding me, Solo?" or something. Greedo de-canonized.

Rob:
Just watched the clip.  That is NOT an improvement.

They need to put that scene back how it was.  They've just muddied it up over and over again.

Ben:

--- Quote from: Scockery on November 13, 2019, 02:01 PM ---It would've been funny if the scene was cut entirely and Jabba's dialogue was changed to "Why are you avoiding me, Solo?" or something. Greedo de-canonized.

--- End quote ---

I’m all for this at this point. This continued re-editing is ridiculous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version