Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 87966 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2006, 03:15 AM »
I thought Sakic got credit for the OT winner?

I think they must have had a stat correction sometime last night. The announcers were saying it was Liles during the game, and he was getting credit for it all during the post game. I guess they said Sakic tipped it right in front, which puts him in 1st place all-time for the most Playoff OT game winners.

The Wings/Oilers game was pretty good tonight. I was glad they made the right call on Jason Williams' under the net goal, it would have been a shame for the game to end like that. The oilers should have had that game in regulation though, they blew it in the third, Though I have to credit Yzerman that was one hell of a face off win on that last goal. It looks like Legace should have been able to catch that last shot instead of just batting it away and allowing a rebound. I heard the announcers saying he told a Detroit paper he knows he will be gone if the Wings don't win the Cup this year.

The Bolts and Sens game was pretty fun to watch too. Lots of goals, lots of fighting. The benches were so empty at the end there. I agree it should have been 8-5, that puck bounced off his shin and there was no kicking motion.
"This is the way."

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Legace actually said he thought he caught the puck, and if you see the replay he totally let up as if he thought he had it.  He has let in some really bad goals and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Osgood in there in game 4 but I doubt it'll happen.

The Oilers for most of the series have looked like they want it more but when the Wings turn it on, the Oil have no response for it.  They can't hang with them.  The Oilers have played hard, but the Wings have handed them chances and played really poorly.  They better get it figured out for game 4 cause they let game 2 get away and should have had game 3.  The stars need to step up, especially if Yzerman is out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 06:45 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2006, 06:02 PM »
:P    :P

And the game will be on 1/2 hr. earlier.    :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Disgraceful. That's all I can say.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #424 on: April 26, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Wow, 14 wins in a row by the Devils!  Talk about hitting your stride at the right time of the year!  Can you say Eastern Conference Finals?

Wow, 8 losses in a row by the Rangers!  Ugh.  Can you say...  well, it's hard to say anything when you're choking that hard this time of the year.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2006, 01:29 AM »
Rangers didn't look good at all...  I've sorta been rooting for Edmonton and Jersey though, so the Jersey win I was happy with...  I'm throwing support all around though.  This has been a good opening playoff round so far though overall I think.  There's been lots of good games (I love OLN by the way, this has been fun watching games I'd otherwise not have gotten to catch most likely this year).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2006, 10:04 PM »
10 years without hockey.  An interesting read and supposedly there will be a couple more of the next two days.  Not really timely for the playoffs, but it is historic for those of us around here :'(

My only contention is the mediocre attendance statement.  The arena only held around 15000 total and the average was 12-13000.  Considering about 5000 of the seats were ****** in terms of comfort, view and accessibility, I think the statement should be a lot more positive.  There were never padded attendance stats around here, the count was accurate and the lower area was almost always full (~10000), even when it wasn't full, there were folks up in the nosebleeds because of cheaper seating. 

I'm happy that Carolina and Tampa and the like are having better attendance now, but I've still seen far, far too many games in places like those were regular season games would have maybe 6000 in attendance and the league would be reporting 15000 ::).  Half the seats in the lower bowls were empty, no way were they at or near capacity. 

Bitter >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2006, 12:44 AM »
HUGE win for the Wings tonite.  I knew that they would step up and show what they were made of and they got it done.  On an officiating note, some very bad calls against both teams but I was amazed at how undisciplined a game Edmonton played, especially with an opportunity to go up 3-1.  Now they've let the Wings back in the series.  Big mistake.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #428 on: April 28, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Yeah, I didn't see it so much as a win by the Wings, but a choke job by the Oilers.  To the Wings credit, they didn't let it slip away when the Oilers offered it to them though...

Lots of bad calls (or missed calls), but man was it just me or did it seem like the Oilers put the Wings on the power play 10 minutes out of the 20 minutes in the 3rd period?  And a couple of those PPs were 5-on-3!

Edmonton had a great shot to go up 3-1, but all those 3rd period penalties just killed them in the end.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 28, 2006, 10:38 AM »
A couple more stories in today's paper:

Going thirsty in the desert

Who needs the NHL

Financial impact minimal

Still miss 'em.

Moving out of the past into the present, Ottawa's looking awfully sharp.  Should be quite a showdown when they go up against New Jersey.

Found some other pieces I missed from yesterday's paper:

Only memories remain

Ex-Jets ranks are dwindling Well, duh ::)

Winnipeg Jets Timeline
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 10:43 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Jets great Thomas Steen was added to the Coyotes Ring of Honour last January in an effort to recognize the club’s past even though the Jets originally retired Steen’s No. 25 in May 1995.

Vest said the crowd at Glendale Arena was a bit puzzled by the ceremony because virtually no one had heard of Steen and many had no idea the Coyotes were once the Winnipeg Jets.

“I would venture to say that if you were to poll 10 people from Phoenix and ask them where the Coyotes came from, maybe one or two would know,” he said.

It's kinda sad when fans don't know the basic history of their team.  :-\

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Jets great Thomas Steen was added to the Coyotes Ring of Honour last January in an effort to recognize the club’s past even though the Jets originally retired Steen’s No. 25 in May 1995.

Vest said the crowd at Glendale Arena was a bit puzzled by the ceremony because virtually no one had heard of Steen and many had no idea the Coyotes were once the Winnipeg Jets.

“I would venture to say that if you were to poll 10 people from Phoenix and ask them where the Coyotes came from, maybe one or two would know,” he said.

That's like everyone I hear referring to Colorado as an expansion team.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2006, 03:32 PM »

That's like everyone I hear referring to Colorado as an expansion team.

They must not be from here then. There are actually a lot of people that wear the old throwback Nordique jerseys to games. I think they still sell them in he Pepsi Center's gift shop too.
"This is the way."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2006, 05:45 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.