Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 193912 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #240 on: May 11, 2016, 02:23 AM »
That's quite a haul. I was honestly surprised to hear the Hoth UCS set did so well in sales, since it has the lowest rating on LEGO Shop's website.

If you don't mind me asking, Pete, how much did the Space Slug set set cost you? I had heard they were going for a few hundred dollars due to the scarcity (and $150 MSRP).

I don't mind you asking at all - I paid $239 in a Buy-it-now from a seller with good reputation. There are some sellers that have it for cheaper Buy-it-now - but their feedback was either non-existent or had some blemishes, so I am okay with paying a bit more.

I am curious as to what the criteria was for getting the invite, not that I feel that I should have been entitled to one or anything, but if there is something I could do, purchasing behavior-wise, to put myself higher up in the running, that would be great to know. For example, when I buy from Lego it is a mix between going to the nearest store and ordering online, was this based purely on frequency of purchasing from my nearest store? If so, maybe I need to make the trek over to that store more often.

I'm not going to open this set, I'm probably going to buy the parts from another seller so I can have the set built and then leave the official set from Lego MIB/unopened. I've done the same thing with some of the other convention/event exclusive sets I've picked up (like Rocket's Warbird and Ultron's Throne). I have a sneaking suspicion that the set will end up being the Star Wars Celebration Europe exclusive as well, but I suppose it's entirely possible that it will be a different set entirely. They seem to be doing this micro-environment scenes lately so now we have one from ANH and two from ESB, I wouldn't be surprised if a ROTJ one isn't around the corner at some point.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 11, 2016, 09:39 AM »
I don't mind you asking at all - I paid $239 in a Buy-it-now from a seller with good reputation. There are some sellers that have it for cheaper Buy-it-now - but their feedback was either non-existent or had some blemishes, so I am okay with paying a bit more.

Oh nice! Sounds like a good deal. I had read reports that the set was being sold for over $500, and that the minimalist Hoth poster some LEGO Stores gave out was going for as much as $800! At that point, it would cost less than $50 to just buy the parts online and build the set yourself.

I am curious as to what the criteria was for getting the invite, not that I feel that I should have been entitled to one or anything, but if there is something I could do, purchasing behavior-wise, to put myself higher up in the running, that would be great to know. For example, when I buy from Lego it is a mix between going to the nearest store and ordering online, was this based purely on frequency of purchasing from my nearest store? If so, maybe I need to make the trek over to that store more often.

I have no idea, and I don't believe anyone does. All I know is that you have to be a VIP member and rumor is that you have to spend thousands in the actual LEGO Store. Which is possible if your store has a great selection (mine rotates select sets in and out; right now they only have TFA sets in the SW section) or you don't care about discounts (Amazon and Target frequently run sales... LEGO doesn't). They do these special events pretty often too, like at Black Friday (opening up an hour early so VIP invites can have early access to sets) but despite usually making a monthly trek to my store, I've never gotten an invite.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 11, 2016, 12:30 PM »
Are you planning on keeping that Space Slug in the box Pete? 

I was thinking I'd just Bricklink myself one for like $20 like I do with most of these exclusives - so if you were planning on opening it, you might consider selling that one and just ordering the parts to save a few hundred dollars.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2016, 11:49 AM »
So, I decided to order the 75094 Shuttle Tydirium set from the May the 4th Lego sale.  It was backlogged, but I still got it for $80 instead of $100 and it included the free FO Stormtrooper.  Box arrived today and I was a little surprised at how big it was.  Popped it open and in addition to the Shuttle and free minibag trooper, Lego sent me a 75092 Naboo Starfighter set!  I did not get the free poster - could they have swapped in a set instead?  It's not on the invoice and I don't see any additional charges...did anyone else order backlogged stuff last week and get something extra in the shipment?  Pretty nice extra $50 set to toss in there...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 28, 2016, 01:56 AM »
Grabbed the following sets over the past couple of days:
30277: First Order Star Destroyer (eBay)
30279: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (eBay)
75148: Encounter on Jakku
75149: Resistance X-wing Fighter
75151: Clone Turbo Tank

Gonna hold off on the other five Summer Sets for now, there is bound to be a Toys R Us promotion for the 5004406: First Order General polybag - so I'll want something to be worth buying so I can get that for free...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2016, 09:12 PM »
I snagged a First Order Battle Pack yesterday along with some clearanced City sets at my local LEGO Store to get the Captain America motorcycle polybag. The manager told me the summer SW sets would be in stock around June 20th.

Still need to finish off the TFA line, but I'll probably pick up most of the sets on Amazon throughout the summer.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 1, 2016, 08:09 AM »
I recently got Poe's X-Wing Fighter on Friday.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2016, 10:58 PM »
Stopped by the local Lego Store tonight with my wife's grandkids to get them stuff, ended up grabbing a Rex's AT-TE set because it had a dent on the box and they were selling it for 20% off - since I'm opening it anyway I really didn't care about the condition of the box.

I also picked up all four of the new SW:TFA Lego Minifigure Key Chains and the Eclipse Fighter set.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2016, 10:39 PM »
Picked up the LEGO TFA video game today, and got the FN-2187 minifig that came with the deluxe edition. I also got the Kylo Ren Shuttle polybag as a preorder bonus from Gamestop, along with a nifty poster of the box art.

With my luck, the Finn and Shuttle polybags will show up en masse at Target or something next week (they were the sole reason for me getting the game).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 5, 2016, 12:36 AM »
Was picking up some stuff at WM over the weekend and saw they had the First Order Snowspeeder on clearance for $29, so I grabbed one.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2016, 10:00 PM »
A local Walmart had several Resistance Troop Transports for $49. Grabbed the one that was least damaged by the spider-wrap. They had a lone First Order TIE for the same price, but the box looked like it had been run over by a semi so I passed, especially since Amazon usually has the TIE for near the same price.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 1, 2016, 12:50 PM »
2016 Advent Calendars are now for sale, so I bought the Star Wars version on LEGO Shop. These sell out quick, so I snag them as soon as they're available.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 3, 2016, 03:49 PM »
Picked up the Advent Calendar as well at the Toys R Us nearest to my house - they're running a sale on Star Wars Lego at the moment, so it was discounted down to $31.99 - not bad!
Peter

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 6, 2016, 12:02 AM »
Picked up the Advent Calendar as well at the Toys R Us nearest to my house - they're running a sale on Star Wars Lego at the moment, so it was discounted down to $31.99 - not bad!

Nice score.  I checked around me and they're either not in yet or all sold out.  Not available for order on the site.

However, I did find them available at mygeekbox.com for $34.  I always get this and the Lego Friends one for my kid (also $3 off), so I picked them both up with free shipping.  Not bad.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 6, 2016, 02:36 PM »
Nice score.  I checked around me and they're either not in yet or all sold out.  Not available for order on the site.

However, I did find them available at mygeekbox.com for $34.  I always get this and the Lego Friends one for my kid (also $3 off), so I picked them both up with free shipping.  Not bad.

I used the Toys R Us mobile app - plugged in the Lego set # and it told me they had them in stock at the store nearest to me. When I got there they had none, so I asked and it turned out they were unloading the truck and they were happy to pull one for me - pretty great customer service.
Peter