Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212540 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #765 on: July 29, 2020, 06:29 AM »
Paging Adam Pawlus!

That's weird that its a vintage box with TVC logo.

I would bet they had it printed up themselves using the original picture from the vintage Death Star.  It fits the line since all the vintage collection vehicles are made to look like the 70's/80's packaging.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 29, 2020, 01:19 PM »
I won't turn down a Razorcrest. If it's an OT item I'm guessing it's the Cantina.

A sure fire launch would be the Razorcrest with two Blurgs, Quill, IG, multiple childs (in pram, in backpack for IG to wear), Karga and Moff Gideon, plus special edition Mando.

I've been thinking more about a Haslab Razor crest.

I'm convinced there's no way they would do a decent retail version. The biggest recent 3 3/4" releases were the TFA and Solo Falcons and those offered very little for $100-$130.

When I was a kid my cousin had the GIJoe Cobra Rattler. The engines had roughly 5 pieces and I would disassemble and reassemble engines for maintenance every time I got my hands on it.

Hasbro could add an amazing amount of features if they made a Razorcrest with many pieces and panels that could be disassembled to mimic looting by Jawas. Maybe this could be a stretch goal? Maybe that would also include Quill's trailer to hold a bunch of looted parts.
Macklunkey!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 1, 2020, 12:42 PM »
Just sayin', if we're doing a Death Star play set, let's do a new and improved one.

++++++1

I have no interest in buying a reproduction of the vintage one.

I have 2 of the original and have to admit that I'd buy more. But, what would the cost of an official reproduction be? $100 feels way too much.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 1, 2020, 09:49 PM »
Just sayin', if we're doing a Death Star play set, let's do a new and improved one.

++++++1

I have no interest in buying a reproduction of the vintage one.

I have 2 of the original and have to admit that I'd buy more. But, what would the cost of an official reproduction be? $100 feels way too much.

I think they would sell at $100 with a retro figure or two packed in there.  Most of these vintage sets are incomplete.  Upgraded trash and a trash monster would be cool too.  If its TVC, wouldn't they have to change the peg sizes?  I don't think the newer figures would fit on the older footpegs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #769 on: August 1, 2020, 10:07 PM »
Death Star is a lot of parts...  $100 would be a pipe dream imho.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 1, 2020, 10:18 PM »
They should have done the Palitoy Death Star with Tarkin right out of the gate instead of the boardgame--it would've been nearly the same materials, and made a lot of collectors happy!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 2, 2020, 05:03 PM »
They should have done the Palitoy Death Star with Tarkin right out of the gate instead of the boardgame--it would've been nearly the same materials, and made a lot of collectors happy!

Yes! Wish I had thought of that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #772 on: October 29, 2021, 02:20 PM »
Since this has been our previous home for discussion on "other" Haslab items (Cookie Monster, Unicron, Sentinel, etc.), thought I'd track the progress of the three big projects and compare/contrast them -

#1 Black Series 6" Rancor - $350
Backers: 3886/9k (43%)
Time Left: 38+ days
Exclusives: none
Unlocks: 4 tiers, but nothing announced yet

#2 GI Joe 3.75" Skystriker - $230
Backers: 4555/10k (46%)
Time Left: 39+ days
Exclusives: none
Unlocks:
  13k = +1 exclusive 3.75" figure
  16k = +1 exclusive 3.75" figure
  18k = +2 exclusive 3.75" figures

#3 Ghostbusters Proton Pack - $400
Backers: 5044/7k (72%)
Time Left: 44+ days
Exclusives: Pulse Premium Members who order in first 48hours get four 1984-inspired green ecto-plasm goo attachment accessories
Unlocks:
  9k = Class I Classic Bundle (contents unknown)
  11k = Class II Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle (contents unknown)
  13k = Class III Spengler Special (contents unknown)
  15k = Class IV Supernatural Stand (contents unknown)

Wow, there must be a lot of merch-hungry Ghostbuster fans out there to pass 5k backers so quick.  It'll really be interesting to see how far this goes and I'm sure will help Hasbro sell a LOT of neutrino wands in the process (another $125 each).

Is it just me, or is the Rancor coming across like the weakest of the three Haslab projects?  I am just a dabbler in the 6" line so I'm not going to back the Rancor anyway, but it comes across as the lightest offering.  The Skystriker has a TON of accessories and room for more with all the unlocks.  The proton pack has lights and sounds.  The Rancor has... "it's really big".  Hm.  I guess "it's really big" worked for the Sentinel, but that wasn't up against two other Haslab projects at the same time.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 29, 2021, 03:09 PM »
I'm (nearly) all in on Star Wars 6" figures but have virtually no interest in The Rancor.  Maybe if there were a pile of figures that were packed in (Maliki, Oola, etc.) I might consider it, but its too big and too expensive.

I didn't even realize that HasLab was running a Proton Pack kickstarter.  Pretty cool, but spendy, plus no wand??  And it appears there isn't a classic wand available either.  I own no Ghostbusters stuff but am much more interested in getting this proton pack than The Rancor.

After the choice of The Rancor by HasLab I have no ability to handicap their next choice.  This just seems dumb...  I'm torn on if I want it to succeed or not.  I'd like it to be successful for those in the collector community that want it, but I also want it to fail so that they might stay focused on 3.75" items as those have been very successful.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 29, 2021, 03:39 PM »
Dave nailed my thoughts on Rancor. Force them to error on side of 3.75 stuff going forward. I also have almost all the 6" stuff but would much rather find space for huge barge than huge Rancor. The 3.75 Rancor is fine.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 29, 2021, 03:48 PM »
I'm (nearly) all in on Star Wars 6" figures but have virtually no interest in The Rancor. 

Funny, because I collect literally no 6", and keep thinking the Rancor would look pretty freaking great on my basement coffee table. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 30, 2021, 01:10 PM »
I have a complete 6” collection, literally every figure ever made and every variant except for the Bly one. So I am for sure all in on getting this Rancor. But I think they do themselves a disservice not announcing the stretch goals up front. Oola or Malikili could be great motivators for those on the fence.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #777 on: October 31, 2021, 11:41 AM »
I'm 3.75" only for Star Wars (I collect 1:10 in various other licenses though). The Rancor looks cool, but I have no interest in backing it. Since it's a digital design, it would be freaking cool if they shrink it down for the 3.75" crowd eventually. We'd buy it for sure, Haslab or not.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 1, 2021, 06:11 AM »
I'm largely out of collecting Hasbro and have sold off most of my Hasbro stuff.  However, I did back both the Barge and the Razor Crest.  I don't have any of the newer Mando figures, but I did by the retro figures so my Razor Crest will look semi vintage.

As for Haslab, the Proton pack looks really neat, but nothing I would spend my money on.  I think all of us who grew up in the 80's have affection for that movie.  If money and space were no objects, I would probably back it out of nostalgia.  However, I think it will need all the stretch goals filled to be really worth it.  I like the idea of being able to switch between the new movie and the classic movie modes, especially if the new movie is decent.

The Rancor will be a pass for me.  The only 6" figures I picked up were the Greedo, Jawa, and Obi-Wan that looked like the vintage figure counter parts.  I don't have space for a giant Rancor even though I like the creature.  It took me over a year to break out my sail barge after I got it, and I still haven't pulled out the loose figures to populate it.

Skystriker - this is the winner in my opinion.  I had a ton of GI Joe stuff back in the 80's, included the GI Joe base.  I would set up GI Joe and Star Wars together.  By the time I was getting GI Joe stuff, my vintage Death Star was pretty much destroyed, but I still had the elevator.  I had a blue futon type chair that I would unroll and use as a landing strip.  I would set the Death Star elevator up next to it, so the pilot could take the elevator up to the top of the landing pad and board his jet.  This version looks great, very reminiscent of the original.  The extras that come before hitting stretch goals definitely make it worth it. Only thing missing is a ladder to get in the cockpit.  Those Luke pilot figures with ladder may be a good substitute if the ladder is the right length.  Then the stretch goals give you some cool bonus figures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #779 on: November 5, 2021, 04:02 PM »
Update time

#1 Black Series 6" Rancor - $350
Backers: 4477/9k (49.7%)
Time Left: 31+ days

#2 GI Joe 3.75" Skystriker - $230
Backers: 4998/10k (49.98%)
Time Left: 32+ days

#3 Ghostbusters Proton Pack - $400 - FUNDED
Backers: 7081/7k (101%)
Time Left: 37+ days
Exclusives: Pulse Premium Members who order in first 48hours get four 1984-inspired green ecto-plasm goo attachment accessories

When it was announced, I would not have guessed that the proton pack would be the first to unlock and so quickly at that.  There must be a lot of ghostbusting people out there starved for nice things.  Interesting to see the Skystriker and Rancor kind of hanging around 50%.  Skystriker has definitely slowed but Rancor got a nice little boost with the reveal today. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender