Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48878 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2007, 09:24 PM »
Someone needs to tell Hasbro that they'd sell a crap load of a lot more of this guy if they just splurged on the rest of the ball-joints.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2007, 10:07 AM »
I dig the Shield on the Destroyer droid, but the Clone with the Armor on (which was shown on the last day of the con) looks awful. So does Jango with his poncho off. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2007, 10:12 AM »
i am actually not liking this wave. the clones stance is bad as well as the armor. the Jedi looks like it will be hard to stand. padme is well just another padme. the concept figure looks extremely skinny. and jango's arms looks weird. oh and the destroyer droid...i would have liked it better if you could see through the shield.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2007, 04:38 PM »
I dig the Shield on the Destroyer droid, but the Clone with the Armor on (which was shown on the last day of the con) looks awful. So does Jango with his poncho off. :P

Really?  I hadn't seen an image of Jango without the poncho.  Linkage?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2007, 04:47 PM »
its on the RS homepage.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Kamino Clone - looks fine to me, but I'm more intersted in the customizing potential.  The snap on armor is ridiculous looking though.  Why bother?

Padme - HOT. Finally her in this sexy outift.  About time!

Destroyer Droid - Looks good, I'll get 3-4 but no need for more than that.

McRebel - Looks really lame to me, more like a Xyber 9 figure, because of the smoothness of the sculpt... no real detail there.  I'll get a few but only for customs.  I do like the Pac Man helmet.

Jedi Dog - I dunno, this is just not a good looking figure to me.  Doesn't look like he'll even be able to stand without assistance... plus his face is really animated looking.

Jango - Now THIS is a kick butt looking figure... great sculpt, cool accessories, the whole 9 yards.  And customizing heaven.  I'll gladly buy a handful of these.  This could be the best basic figure that I've seen in a while.  Thank you Hasbro.

:P
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:23 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2007, 05:27 PM »
That Jango is the bee's knees. I'll be getting as many as I can for customs. That's frigging awesome.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2007, 05:30 PM »
I think that the Kamino Clone is definitely cool, but the snap-on armor looks silly when you put it on the Clone.  I think it's a cool set of accessories from the standpoint of that quartermaster station that sends out all of the helmets in AOTC.  But would I ever have this Clone wearing the armor?  Probably not.  Make some kind of deluxe quartermaster station to churn out armor and I think it would be a cool companion piece to this clone.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2007, 05:52 PM »
Glad to see Padme without her scarf type thing. She looks much better.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2007, 06:50 PM »
I love how dated and retro the McRebel looks - hopefully I can find half a dozen or more.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Make some kind of deluxe quartermaster station to churn out armor and I think it would be a cool companion piece to this clone.

Now that's a great idea.  It would be fantastic to see a piece like that with a few helmets on it.

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2007, 12:17 AM »
Padme is by a million miles the best figure of the wave, she's in an entirely different league.  :D I mean, Voolvif looks okay, but he probably wont be able to stand for crap, and thats a real bummer. The others are just ehh, so-so, nothing special, and they all have little bothersome problems here and there. So it'll probably only be a couple Padmes, one Voolvif, one McRebel (I love that helmet, its growing on me!), and probably nothing else for me. Disappointing. Especially Jango. And don't even get me started on the crap shield.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2007, 01:57 AM »
I love them all that much more...  I still think the left ankle of the Training Clone is severely bent looking though, and that's frustrating since it's a very Cody-ish thing of them to do.  Fixable but annoying.  The armor's just meh.  I'd rather they gave you a training station seat thingie or even a cafeteria tray of food, I dunno.  The armor's ok, and accessories don't rarely make the figure (Tat. Luke is an exception I guess), so the figure itself looks good to me but that ankle.

The Wolf Jedi is really neat to me...  A memorable character from CW for his brief moment, and I believe he's extra cool because he was voted on to be in the series and got in, so the figure of him sort of makes sense from that point of view (in apparant popularity among fans). 

Padme's nice looking and I'm pretty sure Scott's happy with her.  Not sure the ball/socket shoulder was worth the risk on a figure made purely for aesthetic appeal, but hey it looks decent.  I'm not a fan of all Padme's outfits but that one looks good and is probably one of the better choices to be made.

The Destroyer Droid...  Nice update, and I don't mind the shield.  I agree a simple smooth/clear-blue half-shield would've been better, but the figure's really nice as it stands, and I'm ok with the shield accessory.

The Jango is indeed a masterpiece.  The sculpt is outstanding, and one of the better looking human likenesses I think Hasbro's done by that photo.  The articulation is high, and the accessories are simply incredible.  Full armor for on the figure or sitting on the floor of his apartment.  A poncho for really no reason that looks cool, the working removable pistol belt...  Just fantastic.  Kudos to Hasbro on that one so far because it looks like it's the winner of the wave.

The Rebel's pretty cool and that's art for the rebels I wasn't aware of so it's even better.  I agree with Rob on the retro look being so cool.  I too want a small army of them for some reason, if for no other reason than zero-G Rebels would look cool like that. :)  The helmet, the gear, the sculpt...  I love it so I'm down for a little squad at least, if I can find them.

If I could find any McQuarrie figure at this point...  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2007, 04:36 AM »
Well, i was thinking the wolf man jedi was the only one from this wave I'd really be interested in getting but after seeing the Jango and Training clone I might have been swayed. I'm surprised how much I dig that Jango, Jesse James pretty well summed up my feelings on it, indeed a masterpiece, and it will flesh out my very very low human count among my prequel figures very nicely. Looking forward to it.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2007, 09:27 AM »

The Jango is indeed a masterpiece.  The sculpt is outstanding, and one of the better looking human likenesses I think Hasbro's done by that photo.  The articulation is high, and the accessories are simply incredible.  Full armor for on the figure or sitting on the floor of his apartment.  A poncho for really no reason that looks cool, the working removable pistol belt...  Just fantastic.  Kudos to Hasbro on that one so far because it looks like it's the winner of the wave.

Wait, wait, wait... have you seen this figure with the Poncho off and the Armor on?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."