Author Topic: Pegwarmer of the Year Award  (Read 21431 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Pegwarmer of the Year Award
« Reply #45 on: May 6, 2004, 12:55 PM »
I dunno I've still got Jango Pilots on every peg here.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: May 6, 2004, 01:34 PM »
Can POTJ Bespin Guard qualify, figures that are 4 years old should get some special award, like EpI Maul...Pegwarmer of the Decade perhaps?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: May 6, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Can POTJ Bespin Guard qualify, figures that are 4 years old should get some special award, like EpI Maul...Pegwarmer of the Decade perhaps?

No kidding!

Woodbury TRU still has at least 20 each of PotJ Bespin Guard and PotJ Duros.  They've been there for 4 years!  And they are still asking $5.99 for them!

Are they high?  I kept going in there expecting them to be fdown to $0.90, but everytime I went, they were $5.99 still.

Maybe not Pegwarmer of the Year, but definately deserve a lifetime achievement award of some sort...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: May 6, 2004, 01:47 PM »
See that is what happens when we shop at the same stores! :)

The new Hoth Rebel Soldier seems to be hanging for quite some time too

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 6, 2004, 01:53 PM »

No kidding!

Woodbury TRU still has at least 20 each of PotJ Bespin Guard and PotJ Duros.  They've been there for 4 years!  And they are still asking $5.99 for them!

Are they high?  I kept going in there expecting them to be fdown to $0.90, but everytime I went, they were $5.99 still.

Maybe not Pegwarmer of the Year, but definately deserve a lifetime achievement award of some sort...

Jeff

Both of these figures are still useful, however.  For example I have 8 Bespin Security Guards, 7 of which I did head swaps on, 2 of them are African American using Elite Force heads.

The Duros, you can buy an extra and paint the jumpsuit red to make the other Duros that Ellors Madak is conversing with in the Cantina.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 6, 2004, 01:54 PM »

I don't even know how this figure made it to production.  It's about 1" too short, the face sculpt is awful, no useful arm articulation.

I think it's one of the top 10 worst figures ever.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 6, 2004, 02:19 PM »
One of the Wal-Marts nearest us has had nothing but about 15-20 Padme Pilots on their pegs since 2002, and they are buried in dust.  Why they don't clear them out, I have no idea.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 6, 2004, 03:18 PM »
POTJ:
Shmi
Bespin Guard
Duros
Ketwol
Sabe (only a couple though)
Aurra Sing

Saga:
Senator Jar Jar
Orn Free Taa (name screwed up?)
Endor soldier (beard)
Tusken mama
a host of others, depending on store, but the above four stick out
Endor Accessory pack, still full price at $14.95
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: May 6, 2004, 05:03 PM »
Both of these figures are still useful, however.

Well, feel free to come and get them then! :P

If they are so "useful" then why are they still around? :)

Seriously though, I purchased an extra Ellorrs Madak to customize Baniss Keeg waaaaaaaay back in 2001 when Target and Wal-Mart had enough sense to clear them out.  I also purchased 3 more Bespin Guards to customize (Black, White, Alien) way back in 2001 too when they went on clearance.

I refuse to buy 4 yr old figures for custom fodder, especially when they are still $6!  If TRU would only mark them down to $2, I'd gladly add two more Bespin Guards to my Army, along with picking up a few Duro for Jedi/Alie customs.  I'm just not gonna pay $6 per figure though...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 6, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Both of these figures are still useful, however.

Well, feel free to come and get them then! :P

If they are so "useful" then why are they still around? :)

Seriously though, I purchased an extra Ellorrs Madak to customize Baniss Keeg waaaaaaaay back in 2001 when Target and Wal-Mart had enough sense to clear them out.  I also purchased 3 more Bespin Guards to customize (Black, White, Alien) way back in 2001 too when they went on clearance.

I refuse to buy 4 yr old figures for custom fodder, especially when they are still $6!  If TRU would only mark them down to $2, I'd gladly add two more Bespin Guards to my Army, along with picking up a few Duro for Jedi/Alie customs.  I'm just not gonna pay $6 per figure though...

Jeff

My point is just that I've bought about 13 of the Duros and Bespin Guard combined; as opposed to the Jango Pilot pegwarmer which is totally useless for customizing.

You need a lot of Bespin Guards for dioramas.  And the head on the bespin guard is great for Naboo Security, Naboo Royal Guard, Endor Rebel soldiers, and rebel fleet trooper customs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 7, 2004, 12:03 PM »

I don't even know how this figure made it to production.  It's about 1" too short, the face sculpt is awful, no useful arm articulation.

I think it's one of the top 10 worst figures ever.

I agree Dressel that figure SUCKS.  It's definitely up there in the 10 worst list of all time Star Wars figures.  What a let-down that piece of junk was.

The worst pegwarmers in my neck of the woods are:

- Hoth Trooper
- Ak Med Beq
- Kren Blista Vista (sp?)

And the graveyards at TRU still have the first wave of AOTC figures and preview Zam's/Jango's.  Pukeola. :-X

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: May 7, 2004, 06:23 PM »
Short of a miracle "buy-back fairy" coming and taking away these figures, my local WM's are now PLAGUED with repack Jedi Knights (Barriss, and Alya Secura) as well as Yoda/Youngling and Youngling 2-pack figures...  The repack waves hit Wal-Mart in the recent days here, and they hit them HARD.  Peg after peg of these multiply repacked 2003 figures have leaked out once more. :(

I found sme Yavin wave stragglers buried amongst them, but not a single Antilles.  I'm glad to see he sold as well as he has...  Dodonna and TIE Pilot were most "abundant", but there weren't many, and one Dutch remained.

Beyond that, not much...  A Skiff Lando was lying about too,  which that figure's great.  It won't last I don't believe.

Endor wave has hit here I heard, and is gone subsequently.  Blah :(

I hope these craptacular repacks are bought up...  Kids snagged them en masse the first time, I hope that happens again, but somehow I'm thinking it won't go that way and these ones are here to sit a while. :(

Hoth Trooper though, to me, is still the undisputed king of Pegwarmers now...  He plagues every TRU here, and in large #'s.  He's terrible as a figure so that's not boding well for him moving.  Had he at least been semi-decent I'd be picking him up here and there for custom work...  At least some kitbashing, but he's not even got a single piece worth reusing.  Even the head's terrible looking.

Fortunately, TRU's are ordering around him somehow...  Later waves have come and gone while he and R-3PO sit, and sit, and sit...  3PO I sort of understand, because for what you get, you do feel jipped.  The Trooper is just raw crap though...  The kinda figure you grow to despise.

TRU's a bit better about spreadingn orders out over a FEW waves at least.  The Hoth wave and Bail Organa were all around X-Mas time so they're lingering yet, but those others are thinner and they come and go...  I just hope they keep it up and don't back off ordering ANYTHING for a time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2004, 04:46 PM »
If I can get the SAGA Hoth Trooper for $1-2 on clearance, I'll buy a handful and paint blaster wounds on his face and chest and litter the floor of my Hoth diorama with them.

It's not good for anything else.

Even the vintage 1980 Hoth Trooper is better than this thing.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 8, 2004, 07:24 PM »
The biggest pegwarmer around here is Ack Med Beq.  I hate that guy.   >:(
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 8, 2004, 07:46 PM »
The biggest pegwarmer around here is Ack Med Beq.  I hate that guy.   >:(

It's kinda funny how that's actually just another brand of "Jar Jar" when you get right down to it.

:)