Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173428 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #465 on: October 12, 2016, 11:14 AM »
Nice scores, Rob!

Yeah, they are saying DEC for the retail appearance of the Garthim set. I wish I had been more proactive about locking one down before the Con. The eBay prices are utterly ridiculous. I'm betting on TRU to get this one too, fingers crossed.

I am astounded at the going prices on those GG sets. I saw some going for over $200 when I checked the other night on eBay. WTF?

Imagine how much Hasbro could make off an Ackmena/Tonnika sisters exclusive 3-pack. Filthy money!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 12, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Yeah, patience is worth a few thousand dollars a year in this hobby.

I forgot to mention that I learned this week that there were two waves of Biff Bang Pow Twilight Zone figures that I didn't know about. I just ordered them all in B&W.  I really like those...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Last Edit: November 1, 2016, 12:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 1, 2016, 12:46 PM »
ET will be a nice addition to the Galactic Senate diorama.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 1, 2016, 04:55 PM »
I dunno, although it was among my favorite movies when I was a kid, I just don't feel much enthusiasm for these guys.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 1, 2016, 05:15 PM »
ET!  :o

Ordered, and for once I used your link too. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #471 on: November 1, 2016, 11:27 PM »
$
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2016, 03:52 PM »
ReAction Figures Return To Super7

No more Funko involvement in ReAction it sounds like.  Maybe that means the Funko Suicide Squad and GOT 3.75" figures are doing well enough for them to go that more modern/simple figure route and let Super7 have the "nostalgia" type stuff?

Also, part of the announcement was the new Super7 Retro action figure line for Street Fighter 2.

edit: Here is the Funko PR post, indicating that the E.T. stuff is the last Funko produced ReAction stuff and confirming that Funko's 3.75" stuff will have a new line name in 2017.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:55 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 10, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Oh boy... that's concerning.  Super 7 charges a full $5 more for a figure than Funko does, and they don't distribute to retail.  Also quite frankly they don't make as good a product.

If everything now becomes Super 7 style like He-Man and Street Fighter, and the prices are $15 each, and the distribution isn't at retail, I'm out.  If they can continue to do what Funko's been doing, then okay.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:19 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2016, 09:33 PM »
If everything now becomes Super 7 style like He-Man and Street Fighter, and the prices are $15 each, and the distribution isn't at retail, I'm out.

Yeah, the main reason they partnered with Funko was to be able to hit the $10 price point.  I'd guess higher $15 prices and smaller edition sizes will be the norm for ReAction now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2016, 10:48 PM »
Quite frankly even at $10 the value was lacking... I know this is more of a niche line from a smaller company, but if they continue at $15 each I don't think the line will last much longer.  I just don't see how I can justify $65 shipped for a wave of four little figures with almost no articulation...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2016, 09:40 AM »
Funny how in that press release they both spin it as a big positive. But it seems pretty clear this experiment was a failure. I'm sure it was Funko who decided to bail. They had all the Hand in that relationship anyway.

I've been all about this line from Day One, but I have to say Super 7 does not have much to offer of any value outside of the ReAction stuff. Those vinyl figures and glassware and stuff are just greasy kid stuff. I have felt for awhile now like they are throwing all their weight behind this MOTU thing to pretty much the exclusion of everything else. Street Fighter and that bizarre "The Worst" property hold no interest for me at all.

I will say though, that the recent Dark Crystal figures are about the best thing they have put out ever. Those are really amazing, and well worth the $15 (to me) because of the thought and energy that went into them, plus the inherent coolness of the property. If they would focus more attention on that kind of stuff I think they will have a solid niche to build on going forward.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 13, 2016, 06:22 PM »
Saw on Instagram that there is a brand new Super7 exclusive liquid T-1000 with hole in head available now at their Webstore.  :D

Because the 8 previous versions were not enough!

I'm actually kind of glad to get at least one more figure from their previous lines, figuring they will probably focus on new properties going forward. Even if it is a halfassed repaint.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2016, 07:24 PM »
I wonder what this means for the Garthim set and the hoped-for Golden Girls individual releases.  It's going to be insanely disappointing if the NYCC Garthims are all that ever get out to collectors.   :(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:25 PM by Rob »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2016, 08:55 PM »
I will riot if that's the case with Garthims as I've got the rest of them and that was the piece I've been looking forward to the most.