Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352116 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2006, 01:56 PM »
The Millenium Falcon and X-Wing were originally released in 03-04.  I know the Falcon got re-released minus a few pack in figures a year ago, but not too sure about the X-Wing.  Case in point - you're not going to find these at retail.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 14, 2006, 07:56 AM »
I was stacking up recent purchases the other day, and these 10 packs are great!  I love the way they look in the window boxes, and am having a hard time putting my opener habits into gear. But at less than $2.00 a figure, they should be set free and the extras made into stocking stuffers. When I first heard about them, I was ticked. I figured $30.00 and a bunch of figures I didn't want. But these things not only have a load of main characters, they have a bunch of stormtroopers too, with different levels of damage in different places.
I'm not sure there is much room in the line for additional large packs like this (maybe hoth and tatooine) but these 4 turned out nice.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes 10-Packs
« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2006, 07:37 PM »
The cinema scene packs are very cool, and one of Hasbro's greatest ideas ever. I only have gotten the bounty hunters myself, but want the geonosis arena one really bad! They are also good for saving money, great price, and the exclusive repaints are super!  8)

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 12:36 PM by Snaggletooth »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 27, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Um...What happened to the 10 packs?  I figured I'd wait until after the holidays to pick them up and now I can't find a single set anywhere.  Were these a one time shot deal or will they continue to ship?  I noticed the same thing about the Unleashed sets, haven't seen any of them since the cinema sets vanished.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 28, 2006, 06:31 AM »
I haven't spotted them in a couple of weeks myself- Maybe they will order more after inventory time  :-\

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 4, 2007, 01:28 PM »
I found two of the cinema scenes on clearance for $10 each at Target this afternoon - the Bounty Hunters and Death Star Escape.  I wasn't originally going to buy these as all I really wanted was the Blackhole stormtrooper and Imperial R2 unit, but for $10 each I couldn't pass them up.  Maybe I'll give the extras to my son's daycare for the kids to play with.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 4, 2007, 01:33 PM »
That's a good idea (taking the extras to day care). 

I'd pick them up too if I found them.  I can't believe these are going away already...they just arrived, what, two months ago?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 4, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I found them at a TRU last week, but they were $24.99 so I didn't pick them up.  I have a feeling that would have been the last time I'll have seen them though.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 4, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Has Bespin Leia been released yet??  I haven't seen it but I haven't been looking that hard either. 
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 4, 2007, 07:28 PM »
Has Bespin Leia been released yet??  I haven't seen it but I haven't been looking that hard either. 

She's out.  I ordered from Hasbro online a few weeks back, but I saw her (and the rest of her wave) at a Walmart yesterday.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 4, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Crap-I'd better get down to Wally world tomorrow then and see what's on the shelf.  Thanks Mikey!!
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #581 on: January 5, 2007, 04:53 AM »
I've seen the Bespin wave probably 10 or so times over the past couple months, Beth.  Holler if you can't find the Leia, and I'll see if I can track one down for you, as I've passed more than a few of them up in recent weeks.  That said, has anyone ever seen the Hoth set (Snowtrooper/Rebel Soldier) at retail?  I've seen plenty of the three Bespin sets, but never he Hoth set that was supposedly shipping with them, as the fourth set.  I know they'd make for good "army building", but still...  Any sitings of that set, or am I not alone in never seeing that one?

Um...What happened to the 10 packs?  I figured I'd wait until after the holidays to pick them up and now I can't find a single set anywhere.  Were these a one time shot deal or will they continue to ship?  I noticed the same thing about the Unleashed sets, haven't seen any of them since the cinema sets vanished.

Target put 'em both on clearance a couple weeks ago, that's what happened, Mike.  So when they hit 50% off at a measely $10, they all but disappeared.  I'd figure in the Land o' Targets out there that you'd still be able to track some of them down if you looked everywhere, but perhaps not.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2007, 04:54 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 5, 2007, 07:26 AM »
Target put 'em both on clearance a couple weeks ago, that's what happened, Mike.  So when they hit 50% off at a measely $10, they all but disappeared.  I'd figure in the Land o' Targets out there that you'd still be able to track some of them down if you looked everywhere, but perhaps not.

I thought we would do well out here in the land of Targets too- but snowspeeders, kit Fistos fighter, the tins, mace's squad, and these GH 10 packs were gone overnight. For one thing, the stores really ordered very little of the product. I was hitting 3-4 targets 3-4 times a week before and after christmas, and never saw large quantities of anything except 1 store had 20 shuttles, and another had 40 plus snowspeeders. I was sure those would hit clearance, but one day I went in, and there were 2 shuttles left at full price- I was lucky enough to find one Mace pack at 9.99, and that was it. The snowspeeders sat in large quantities at 21.00, then were gone and I never even saw if they got marked down again.

The GH 10 packs, I never saw more than a single case on the shelves. I doubt the stores here ordered more than a few cases each.  :-\

I don't know if TRU is still getting them, but Entertainment Earth does have them. at 109.00 a case it is just a couple dollars more each than TRU- a far cry for $10 each though- that would have been sweet.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2007, 07:28 AM by Bob Dylan SW fan »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 5, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Thanks for typing that up Dan.   ;)  That would have taken awhile.

Matt - I found the Bespin sets last night at a WM (only the second time I've ever seen the wave minus the Snowtrooper set the first time)  They did have a single Snowtrooper/Rebel trooper which I snagged.  I can keep my eyes out for another if you'd like.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2007, 01:17 PM by iFett »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #584 on: January 6, 2007, 05:25 AM »
Matt - I found the Bespin sets last night at a WM (only the second time I've ever seen the wave minus the Snowtrooper set the first time)  They did have a single Snowtrooper/Rebel trooper which I snagged.  I can keep my eyes out for another if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer Mike, but don't sweat it.  I'll find one of those damned things eventually (I live for the thrill of the hunt!).

Although you guys live in the homebase of Target, I think the area of L.A. around me is probably the #1 spot for Targets in the country.  I can't imagine there possibly being more in such a confined area than what we have within less than an hour of me, which would be over 30 stores.  :o  So I guess my Target luck is better than most, which I'm extremely lucky to have.

I'll keep an eye out for some more of those 50% off GH Cinema Scenes for folks still in need, just in case.  Saw a bunch of them just last week (gone now)...  :-\