Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 410427 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1755 on: May 11, 2023, 11:40 AM »
Brown Hair Luke and Brown Snake / Pacman Eyes Yoda were the two 'bigger' variants I always wanted but never had... Got Luke last week, and Yoda got here last night:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:41 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 12, 2023, 06:00 PM »
Got this B-Wing a few weeks ago, but waited for the stand to get here:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 14, 2023, 03:32 PM »
Split Belly Tauntaun... the belly is pretty yellow, but every one I'e seen since I started looking for one was like that, so I decided not to worry about it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1758 on: May 14, 2023, 04:58 PM »
I wonder if the peroxide trick would work on that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 14, 2023, 05:26 PM »
Might.  I’m just not quite sure how to apply it without it getting on the other stuff.  I’m just going to leave it alone I think. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: May 19, 2023, 11:53 AM »
Another biggie got here last night... it's clean and the color is great.  The top fin is slightly crooked but I can live with it.  The stickers seem to have mold on them, so while it's not what I was hoping for, I've ordered replacements. 

Vehicle-wise, my list is down to an Ewok Battle Wagon, Imperial Cruiser, and Imperial Troop Transporter, but there's a cruiser in the mail. I also need to finish up the rarer of the mini-rigs; ATL Interceptor, Side Gunner, One-Manned Sand Skimmer, Sniper, and Security Scout.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 11:55 AM by Rob »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: May 20, 2023, 07:10 PM »
Imperial Cruiser...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: May 21, 2023, 12:38 AM »
Rob, you have inspired me to post one, too...

I found these at a flea market today. Mini-rigs I have a soft spot for so I have just started picking them up when I find a good deal. And the Rebel was in good shape with his gun (and cheap.) I completed my first 12 figure set a few years back, and finished the rest of the ANH figure run last summer, now most of my vintage purchases lately have been whatever I needed to fill out product photos so they have been from all over the line, but I want to start plugging away at completing the ESB waves now, starting with 1980 and working my way forward. (Quite a few spots already filled, though.)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: May 21, 2023, 12:29 PM »
Imperial Cruiser...

This is the one in my collection....love this vehicle!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: May 22, 2023, 09:49 AM »
Another biggie got here last night... it's clean and the color is great.  The top fin is slightly crooked but I can live with it.  The stickers seem to have mold on them, so while it's not what I was hoping for, I've ordered replacements. 

Vehicle-wise, my list is down to an Ewok Battle Wagon, Imperial Cruiser, and Imperial Troop Transporter, but there's a cruiser in the mail. I also need to finish up the rarer of the mini-rigs; ATL Interceptor, Side Gunner, One-Manned Sand Skimmer, Sniper, and Security Scout.

I see so many of these with the cannon on it upside-down.  How easy is that to fix (or can it not be removed)?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: May 22, 2023, 10:42 AM »
I see so many of these with the cannon on it upside-down.  How easy is that to fix (or can it not be removed)?

Honestly I didn't even realize it.  I'll take a look later. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 22, 2023, 10:43 AM »
Rob, you have inspired me to post one, too...

I found these at a flea market today. Mini-rigs I have a soft spot for so I have just started picking them up when I find a good deal. And the Rebel was in good shape with his gun (and cheap.) I completed my first 12 figure set a few years back, and finished the rest of the ANH figure run last summer, now most of my vintage purchases lately have been whatever I needed to fill out product photos so they have been from all over the line, but I want to start plugging away at completing the ESB waves now, starting with 1980 and working my way forward. (Quite a few spots already filled, though.)

Nice!  That mini-rig was the first one I ever got.  The little canopy tab is broken so the glass dome just sits on top.  Maybe I should try to track one down...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 22, 2023, 10:44 AM »
Got two more over the weekend... Uncle Gundy and Thall Joben.  I'm now officially done with the Droids line.  Just a Wicket and I'll be done with Ewoks... if I can find one to buy...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 22, 2023, 11:33 AM »
Man, I had so many of those Droids humans and the Duloks as a kid, I think they were all 99 cent purchases at KayBee once the lines were winding down but I still needed my Star Wars figure fix. They were never my favorites, but they got mixed in with everybody else.

The Mini-Rig purchase that kicked off my adult collecting was at the end of last year, when I found the ISP-6 in a shop...the kid selling it didn't even know what it was, so it was at a better price than it probably should have been with all of its pieces intact. I never got the ROTJ Mini-Rigs as a kid, but this one was always tempting to me back then.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 22, 2023, 03:08 PM »

I's very easy.  They twist off and you can flip them over and reattach.  There are plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to do it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.