Author Topic: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases  (Read 208968 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Black Series Store Finds and Recent Purchases
« Reply #810 on: February 21, 2021, 05:26 AM »
I checked out a Hasbro Q&A yesterday with some sites like SWNN, BanthaSkull, JediBusiness and others.  Patrick mentioned in the case of some of the new exclusives, notably the Walmart exclusive TVC wave, that they were doing solid case packs of those figures.  I guess maybe they're doing the same for the Kenner deco Black Series, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2021, 01:05 PM »
I had the rerelease of Commander Gree on preorder for... who knows how long at this point, from BBTS. The preorder was processed last week, and the Gree figure arrived yesterday.

Now I just need to snag the handful of figures I missed originally, then I can be done with the red/black Black Series line.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 22, 2021, 06:53 PM »
I grabbed the lone figure at Target today, Archive Thrawn. I was surprised they allowed me to buy it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 23, 2021, 03:25 PM »
I grabbed the lone figure at Target today, Archive Thrawn. I was surprised they allowed me to buy it.

That wave was released a while ago.  From what I’ve been reading it looks like the next wave of Black Series Archive figures are register locked until April 1st. 

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 23, 2021, 10:41 PM »
Received my Deluxe Boba Fett I had preordered from GameStop.com. Arrived in good shape but he definitely has the squished helmet I keep reading about in the various forums. Oh well, probably wasn’t going to open him anyway.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #815 on: March 23, 2021, 11:30 PM »
Picked up a Deluxe Fett over the weekend and in package he definitely has a squashed helmet. But once you take it out, it returns to its shape. The helmet is thin due to it being designed to be removable. Of course it’s glued to the unpainted head underneath, but you can see where they will eventually go.

And as far as I can tell, this is an all new sculpt which was quite a surprise.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 24, 2021, 04:06 PM »

That wave was released a while ago.  From what I’ve been reading it looks like the next wave of Black Series Archive figures are register locked until April 1st.

Yep, this particular Target is one of the "unfriendly to collectors" Targets, and refused to sell me the Archive wave a few weeks back when I tried to buy them. All of the archive figures are street dated April 1, for whatever reason. Guess it depends on the Target, or a lot of luck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 31, 2021, 10:03 AM »
I got a shipping notice from Best Buy for TPM Mace, Qui Gon, and Jar Jar. Unexpected this is.  :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 31, 2021, 12:08 PM »
I got shipping notifications for the Best Buy exclusive Qui-Gon Jinn and Battle Droids.  I'm going to open these, so I passed on Mace Windu.  And I also got a notification that Best Buy shipped the Deluxe ROTJ Boba Fett from Best Buy.  Let's see if they come through.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 2, 2021, 09:10 AM »
Good luck to anyone who ordered those Best Buy figures. My four showed up yesterday in four different packages: two were boxed and two were in “padded” envelopes. The ones in the box had air pillows and arrived in perfect condition, the other two were predictably jacked up. Battle Droid has a big crack in the bubble.   >:(

I hope I see these in stores one day so I can exchange that one. No point in me reordering it from their website since there’s no way to guarantee they won’t send it the same way again.  :(

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 2, 2021, 03:15 PM »
I happened to be in a Best Buy over my lunch today and saw 2x Mace and Jar Jar, but no Battle Droid or Qui Gon. So they are out there, but I don't know what the case ratio is.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 3, 2021, 10:43 AM »
I happened to be in a Best Buy over my lunch today and saw 2x Mace and Jar Jar, but no Battle Droid or Qui Gon. So they are out there, but I don't know what the case ratio is.

Thanks for the tip! I stopped by on the way out to pick up dinner and actually found a Battle Droid right on the shelf. I can’t even remember the last time I actually found something in a store I was looking for. Crazy!  :D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 4, 2021, 08:10 AM »
SCORE!  ;D

Just picked up the whole new Asajj wave at Walmart thanks to a freshly stocked sidekick. Counts started to spike at a few stores Friday night evening but no one actually put anything out yesterday. Got up early to hit a few stores at opening and my effort paid off at the second store I hit.

Very happy to have gotten these all in one fell swoop without a bunch of extra driving around, and at the very nice price of 17.88 per figure too.

Thanks Easter Bunny! (Bock bock)  :D

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 6, 2021, 01:58 PM »
My pre-order for the Elite Squad Trooper from Target just shipped. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 7, 2021, 08:25 AM »
I got my deluxe ROTJ Boba Fett a couple of days ago. Wow!  The details on this figure are just amazing.  I’m just wondering what the criteria is for determining which figures are Deluxe figures and which ones are mainline releases.  The accessories with Boba Fett are great, but are they worthy of a deluxe figure release?  The one accessory that wasn’t included that would have cemented Boba Fett’s status as a deluxe figure for me would have been a flight stand or rocket packet exhaust stand (think the 2006 TSC Boba Fett).

Feedback