Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)  (Read 163869 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILERS)
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 09:47 AM »
Rumors that Hayden Christensen will be back to reprise his role in this and Rogue One.

Seems to be some nerd-rage going on in reaction to this.  ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Hayden needs the work.  And he's been in the suit before.  It's a physical acting role, and not one where Hayden would have to voice dialogue.  That's James Earl Jones' job.

Now if he's being cast to play a Force Spirit Anakin Skywalker in Episode 8?  Then I can appreciate some of the concerns people might have.  But if Anakin as a Force Spirit is integral to the story?  You can certainly speculate however you want.  From the trailers it seems that someone in the Sequels is a devotee to Darth Vader, seeing how the melted Vader helmet & mask are set up as an object of worship.  Recasting the Anakin role would damage any sense of continuity
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:50 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 12:05 PM »
Benicio del Toro sounds like he is confirmed to be in Episode VIII.  And principal photography commences in March of 2016.

Crossover with the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie?  :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Hayden needs the work.  And he's been in the suit before.  It's a physical acting role, and not one where Hayden would have to voice dialogue.  That's James Earl Jones' job.

Now if he's being cast to play a Force Spirit Anakin Skywalker in Episode 8?  Then I can appreciate some of the concerns people might have.  But if Anakin as a Force Spirit is integral to the story?  You can certainly speculate however you want.  From the trailers it seems that someone in the Sequels is a devotee to Darth Vader, seeing how the melted Vader helmet & mask are set up as an object of worship.  Recasting the Anakin role would damage any sense of continuity

Since Force ghosts are immortal in movie cannon (the in five years it gets too hard like in the Thrawn trilogy was taken out in ROTS), I fully expect to see Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan as force ghosts.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Maybe he'll return to chastise the Imperials for holding their last stand after Endor on a planet full of sand.  :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 09:32 PM »
People can't expect the last 3 films to just be forgotten...  No clue why anyone would be angry.  It is what it is, and should've been expected to a degree.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 09:16 AM »

Couldn't they just make a digital version of Hayden as a force ghost instead of actually hiring him? It would be a lot more realistic.
Since Force ghosts are immortal in movie cannon (the in five years it gets too hard like in the Thrawn trilogy was taken out in ROTS), I fully expect to see Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan as force ghosts.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 08:33 PM »
He probably has to talk at some point Paul!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 03:31 PM »
They can use the guy that did Anakin's voice for the Clone Wars.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:32 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I know that we are still in the midst of the EP7 release and resulting euphoria, but I read this this morning and had to share my feeling of dread:

Veteran Star Wars writer Lawrence Kasdan said in a recent interview that Johnson is going to make "some weird thing" with Episode VIII.  If you've seen Rian's work, you know it's not going be like anything that's ever been in Star Wars," Kasdan said. "You couldn't have three more different people than JJ, Rian, and Colin [Trevorrow, director of Episode 9]. Those movies will have the Star Wars saga as their basis, but everything else will be different."

I'm really hoping that the Executive Producers don't let it get 'weird' and stick with the success they have going with EP7.  Fingers crossed.  17 more months to go...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Yeah, that sounds troubling.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Yeah, that sounds troubling.   :-\

Agreed.

While I'm excited about being only 18 months away from EP8, I'm concerned that a weird, green-screen driven movie is going to make people think less OT and more PT.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2015, 02:37 AM »
I'm not overly worried.  Look at what they've done with Marvel.  They spent $4 billion on Star Wars...they are not going to **** it up.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2015, 12:47 PM »
I saw a quote from Greg Grunberg the other day.  As some know, he and JJ Abrams are friends.  In the quote Grunberg said that JJ likes the script for Episode VIII so much that he wishes he were directing the movie. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Who is writing 8 and 9?  Is it up to the directors to do what they want, or is there a fairly set script that they're allowed to tweak slightly, but not significantly?

I know JJ is an executive producer, but I hope there is someone who is overseeing the overall continuity of these movies. 

I think its mostly okay for the anthology movies to get a little weird, but I'm hoping there is a clear vision for main Star Wars movies.