Author Topic: Obi-Wan Kenobi Series (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 41135 times)

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Kenobi (Disney+) - (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #76 on: March 9, 2022, 02:16 PM »
That looks pretty sweet.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #77 on: March 9, 2022, 02:37 PM »
I'm still not thrilled about Obi-Wan leaving Tatooine because watching over Luke is his highest priority.  If he goes off planet to lead the Inquisitors away or something like that, I'll be ok with it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 9, 2022, 10:15 PM »
After the last few Disney Star Wars shows, I have zero faith in this being any good, and I'm desperately trying to figure out a way that I can enjoy it. My biggest issue is that they've all but said Obi Wan is going to face off with Vader, which absolutely breaks the lore of the time between ROTS and ANH... maybe if I look at this as some sort of fan fiction.  :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2022, 08:16 AM »
I haven’t been banking on that happening, but I have mixed feelings if the show goes there.  But the bread crumbs seem to be leading in the direction that there are going to be flashback scenes with Obi-Wan and Anakin. 

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2022, 10:43 AM »
My biggest issue is that they've all but said Obi Wan is going to face off with Vader, which absolutely breaks the lore of the time between ROTS and ANH... maybe if I look at this as some sort of fan fiction.  :-\

I haven’t been banking on that happening, but I have mixed feelings if the show goes there.  But the bread crumbs seem to be leading in the direction that there are going to be flashback scenes with Obi-Wan and Anakin. 

So maybe they'll show flashback scenes of their duel on Mustafar... which would mean that what the creators said is true, from a certain point of view.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2022, 10:44 AM »
My biggest issue is that they've all but said Obi Wan is going to face off with Vader, which absolutely breaks the lore of the time between ROTS and ANH...

Does it though?  I'm guessing they just use Anakin as flashback material, but I don't think it breaks what we saw in ANH if there is a Kenobi/Vader showdown.

Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!
Ben Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Darth!
Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.
Ben Kenobi: You cannot win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Darth Vader: You should not have come back.

"When I left you I was but the learner"...Anakin thought he should have been a Master by the time he fights Kenobi on Mustafar.  So is he referring to himself as a student of the force or is he talking more about how he was still new to the powers of the dark side, new to the Sith, new to his armor and new body?  He could still be a learner in those things when Luke is young.  Maybe he loses another duel with Kenobi because he's still a novice, but then feels more like the master when they meet on the death star because he's had another decade of experience as a Sith.

Then there's the "You should not have come back."  Come back from where?  Come out of hiding?  That phrase almost makes me feel like they did meet again at some point between Mustafar and ANH.  I don't think another Vader/Kenobi showdown ruins any of this for me - in fact I think it makes ANH seem a bit more realistic in some ways. 

I'm hoping we get to see the realization that Vader is Anakin from Kenobi at some point.  If Obi-Wan was really all that sheltered on Tatooine, then wouldn't he have been more surprised to find an Armored Vader/Anakin on the Death Star?  It's not like he just felt Anakin's presence off planet during his time on Tatooine without Vader picking up on that connection.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2022, 11:15 AM »
The line that has always bugged me in the overall timeline is Tarkin's, "surely he must be dead by now".  As a kid I always attributed that to Kenobi dying of old age, but really Kenobi shouldn't have even been that old during ANH based on what we learned in the prequel trilogy of Kenobi not being that old to begin with.

Maybe that reference might now be a reference to the pursuit and battles with Inquisitors and Stormtroopers, and the fact that he should be dead because of violence.

I'm with Diddly that I'm a little worried Disney is going to mess this up like they did with BoBF.  I really, really hope they've spent their time figuring this story out and tell it well.  The trailer looks good and I'm hoping the story holds together.  Ewan as Obi-Wan should be awesome.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2022, 01:25 PM »
After watching the teaser, I'm even more hyped for this series!  If Vader and Kenobi face off, I'll be ok with it if it's something that comes organically from the story and not something that's just jammed in for the spectacle.

Seeing as Kenobi is going to have run ins with the Inquisitors and Vader is in charge of the Inquisitors, it shouldn't be too hard to believe they will square off at some point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2022, 01:46 PM »
Seeing as Kenobi is going to have run ins with the Inquisitors and Vader is in charge of the Inquisitors, it shouldn't be too hard to believe they will square off at some point.

I hope if Kenobi faces off with Inquisitors one on one its like his encounter with Maul in Rebels - about a five second battle.  I'm hoping the Inquisitors just menace the population, and call in piles of Stormtroopers to take out Jedi.  A Jedi Master/Knight should be able to make short work of an Inquisitor.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2022, 03:25 PM »
I hope if Kenobi faces off with Inquisitors one on one its like his encounter with Maul in Rebels - about a five second battle.  I'm hoping the Inquisitors just menace the population, and call in piles of Stormtroopers to take out Jedi.  A Jedi Master/Knight should be able to make short work of an Inquisitor.

Agreed.  I don't think he'll kill all of them though because we see at least some of them show up in Rebels.

Remember, Kanan and Ezra had difficulties fighting the Inquisitors and were lucky to get away from Vader.  Ahsoka was able to dispatch the Inquisitors fairly easily and went toe-to-toe with Vader.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2022, 05:59 PM »
Some pieces are starting to come together after watching the trailer a few times.

The black tower is evidently called Fortress Inquisitorius.  It's featured in the Jedi - Fallen Order game.  One of the images from the preview spot on Disney+ showed an Imperial facility with Stormtroopers and there was a green wash over everything - evidently that is this particular installation.  There's some information about it on Wookieepedia that you might want to read if you haven't played the game, because I have not.

There's one shot with a couple of the transport pods for Imperial Probe Droids.  It leaves me hoping that the original plan to release an Imperial Probe Droid as shown in the Blue Milk book will be revisited in light of them being in Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Oh, and someone translated the Aurrebesh on the dirty looking droid, which is evidently named NED.

RE:  the Grand Inquisitor?  Frank, aka Niub Niub, posted this comparison image to show Tion Medon, the animated Grand Inquisitor, a fan mockup and the Grand Inquisitor as shown in the trailer.  It left me feeling a little disappointed about the look of this character in the trailer.

Feedback

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2022, 12:47 PM »
The Official Site had some highlights from the trailer.  Among them?  The new Inquisitor, Reva, is the Third Sister.

5 HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE OBI-WAN KENOBI TEASER TRAILER

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2022, 05:31 PM »
A two day delay is not a lot of time to fix the Grand Inquisitor's appearance...  :P
"This is the way."