Author Topic: Toy Fair 2018  (Read 11328 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 02:05 AM »
I thought there was supposed to be a smaller vehicle w/figure in the assortment with the Wampa & Luke and there was also going to be a mid-size vehicle line in that $30 price point. Any word on those items?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 11:22 AM »
Many SOLO items were held back for paid reveals closer to the April launch date...

$20 Class A (‘Nemesis’ Chariot w/Nemesis)
$30 Class B (Han Speeder with Han)
? Class C (TIE Fighter)

Jayson has been doing an excellent job keeping track of these things... check out his “rumor” list if you haven’t been doing so. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Is the Amazon Exclusive 3-Pack of Droids 6" or 3.75" scale?  I took a look and didn't spot any discussion about them in either section?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Is the Amazon Exclusive 3-Pack of Droids 6" or 3.75" scale?  I took a look and didn't spot any discussion about them in either section?

6" TBS.  Hasbro has actually done a fairly decent job with their official photography so that you can tell the various line offerings apart.  The 6" TBS figures have a small STAR WARS - THE BLACK SERIES logo in the lower left hand corner, and are shot against a black/grey wash background.  The Vintage Collection images have the same background as The Black Series, but feature a Vintage Collection banner across the top of the image.  And the SOLO line figures are shot against a white background.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 01:45 PM »
6" TBS.  Hasbro has actually done a fairly decent job with their official photography so that you can tell the various line offerings apart.  The 6" TBS figures have a small STAR WARS - THE BLACK SERIES logo in the lower left hand corner, and are shot against a black/grey wash background.  The Vintage Collection images have the same background as The Black Series, but feature a Vintage Collection banner across the top of the image.  And the SOLO line figures are shot against a white background.

Ah, okay great.  Before even TBS being included didn't answer the question fully because the Walmart line was called that too - but now I suppose that if it's officially called The Vintage Collection that'll make it simpler.  Thanks!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 02:01 PM »
I noticed the color coding a little while back, but it's still a bit confusing with different lines and some of the same characters popping up in all three.

Hell, I saw a bunch of people calling the R5 unit in the astromech 3-pack R5-D4.  In this regard I'm happy to see Steve Evans of Hasbro is actively engaged on social media to clear up some of the potential confusion.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 07:53 PM »

Because I got too tired last night and never got around to starting threads for those. (I guess if I collected the 6" I probably would have made the time, but I don't so... :P)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Forgot about those honestly.  If it weren't for the astromech group I'm on on facebook I'd have forgotten about them totally since that group hasn't stopped bitching about them since they saw them.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77