Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Retro Collection Amazing Technicolor Vader  (Read 44348 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: SDCC 2019 Retro Collection Amazing Technicolor Vader
« Reply #60 on: August 2, 2019, 03:07 PM »
In regard to the variants for the Retro Vader - it has been determined that even though there are hundreds of possible combinations, Hasbro produced only 18 variations.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 2, 2019, 03:30 PM »
I just struck out at the downtown Chicago Target.  They pulled up a list of nearby stores and of the 15 or so in the list, not a single one has the Vader.

If anyone stumbles across an extra and wouldn’t mind mailing it to me loose, I’d pay for it all and love you forever.

In regard to the variants for the Retro Vader - it has been determined that even though there are hundreds of possible combinations, Hasbro produced only 18 variations.

Well that changes everything... if there's 18 of them I'd be tempted to give it a shot. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 5, 2019, 06:33 PM »
Tunghori has a few flavors of these if you are so inclined. Of course, no fancy packaging...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Got my two orders of two each from Target yesterday. This time I lucked out and was able to get four unique variants, 2 with Yellow heads and 2 with Blue heads, but the rest of the parts were different thankfully - so now I have five variants in all out of the 18 total available.

I would gladly get more should I walk into a Target and actually see them or have the ability to order more from the Target website/app, but I'm definitely not going to pay $35 for each version, if all I end up are the five I have now, then so be it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2019, 08:26 PM »
I still haven't found one.  Haven't been able to order one on Target's site... haven't found a reasonably priced one on eBay... I thought about Tunghori, but sometimes I get stuff from him that's weird, like they're production samples that got rejected or something.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2019, 10:55 PM »
Should I just give up looking for these in store? None have ever showed up around here according to Brickseek and at this point I don’t know if they ever will.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2019, 02:22 AM »
Should I just give up looking for these in store? None have ever showed up around here according to Brickseek and at this point I don’t know if they ever will.

I'm thinking the answer to this is "yes" - unless Target is holding back stock on these for Triple Force Friday since there really isn't going to be a lot of 3.75" product released.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only thing we should be expecting is a single TVC wave, the Yavin 4 Luke exclusive at Walmart and the Red 5 X-Wing - considering that no 5POA figures are coming for EP9, I could see Target wanting to expand their offerings - but that would mean that someone at Target is *REALLY* paying attention, and unfortunately, we all know that they aren't.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2019, 02:58 PM »
This is showing up on the Target app for those still looking for it.  I finally managed to snag one.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2019, 03:14 PM »
This is showing up on the Target app for those still looking for it.  I finally managed to snag one.

Thanks for that notice... I just ordered a few as ship-to-store.  I'm tempted to try to collect all 18, even though that's idiotic.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2019, 01:11 PM »
I'm tempted to try to collect all 18, even though that's idiotic.

Yes. Yes it is. That's why I may do the same.  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2019, 02:38 PM »
Yes. Yes it is. That's why I may do the same.  ;)

I ordered 8 of them yesterday.  If I get a good variety, I think I'll keep going.  If I end up with a couple doubles... I'm up for starting a trading thing here with anyone else dumb enough to try it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2019, 02:09 AM »
I'm up for starting a trading thing here with anyone else dumb enough to try it.

That would be me.

I put in seven orders of two each myself - and I already had six with five of them being unique. Six of my seven orders are ship-to-store and I should hopefully have them tomorrow or Thursday. The seventh order I ordered with a BluRay to get over the $25 order add-on restriction and with this order I was able to pick up another duplicate and a sixth unique version - so I have 2x Green, 2x Yellow and 2x Blue helmet versions (yeah! one third of the way there!)

I have two "extras" and unfortunately, they are both the same - Green Helmet, Yellow Torso, Red Right Arm, Purple Left Arm, Orange Right Leg, Blue Left Leg.

Obviously I'll know what I still need once I get the other 12 I have on their way to me. I have ZERO illusions that I'm going to score the remaining 12 I need to complete the set in those, but I wouldn't mind AT LEAST getting one variation of Red, Orange and Purple helmet.

My thinking is that whatever I have extra, I'll trade for variations I'm missing and/or just return them to Target.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:35 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2019, 11:44 AM »
I should have ordered 16... but I felt bad ordering so many as it was. 

If I get duplicates, I'll get them up here to see if we can all help each other out.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2019, 02:54 PM »
I don't think I care what version I end up with.  I bought two and will only keep one.  I will be glad to share my color combos and be willing to swap with the completists out there if you want to pay for shipping.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2019, 10:31 AM »
So I was able to pick up five of my orders this morning. Out of those 10, only 4 new variations that I didn't have and 6 that I already had, with one of those six being a definite return because the cardback is badly curled at the top.

I still don't have any variations with the Purple helmet.

Of the four new variations I got, it was the third Blue version I didn't have, two Red Helmet versions and an Orange helmet version.

So that brings my total up to 10 out of the 18 variations that exist.

Keeping my fingers crossed that in the remaining order I have left to get, there is at least one Purple helmet version.

Ended up with another one of those Green Helmet, Yellow Torso, Red Right Arm, Purple Left Arm, Orange Right Leg, Blue Left Leg variations in this batch of 10 as well.  :-\  So now I have three extra of that variation.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:37 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter