Author Topic: Black Series Snowspeeder with 6" Dak Ralter  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Black Series Snowspeeder with 6" Dak Ralter
« on: February 17, 2020, 04:55 PM »
Sounds like there are some "rumors" out there that we could see a "Star Wars The Black Series Snowspeeder Deluxe Vehicle" announced at Toy Fair...  I'd say that sounds about right with the 40th anniversary of ESB this year.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:41 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series Snowspeeder with 6
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 09:51 PM »
Sounds like there are some "rumors" out there that we could see a "Star Wars The Black Series Snowspeeder Deluxe Vehicle" announced at Toy Fair...  I'd say that sounds about right with the 40th anniversary of ESB this year.  ;)

Ouch.  I love that ship.  That would be a tough one to pass on...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02 AM »
6 inch scale Snowspeeder will be interesting because scale wise, it's a really small vehicle and could probably be done for $100. I'd assume it's a little larger than the $60 vehicle/speeder line. I want one but yikes, do I not have the space for it
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 06:43 PM »

I hope this rumor proves true!  The Snowspeeder is certainly doable in the 6” scale and there’s tons of potential for detail, working features, etc.  The FO Tie fighter they did several years ago was awesome, but those wings took up a bit of space...  A snowspeeder wouldn’t be nearly as bulky and it would likely sell better as it’s an OT vehicle.  I’d definitely be down for one if it becomes a reality  8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 09:46 PM »
Is Snowspeeder Luke rumored to be released?  If both rumors pan out, we’d need Dack to ride “harpoon-gun”.  Perhaps a pack-in?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 10:00 PM »
we’d need Dack to ride “harpoon-gun”.  Perhaps a pack-in?

Jayson is teasing Dak as a potential pack-in: 6″ scale Snowspeeder with Dak? Now that is interesting….

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14 PM »
A 6” scale snowspeeder seems like it’s within the realm of possibility.  And a pack-in Dak Ralter is a cool bonus, too.  And IIRC there has been a rumor circulating about a 6” Snowspeeder pilot Luke Skywatcher, too. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 12:30 PM »
Is Snowspeeder Luke rumored to be released?  If both rumors pan out, we’d need Dack to ride “harpoon-gun”.  Perhaps a pack-in?

Snowspeeder Luke is in wave 2 of the carded TBS 40th Anniversary TESB wave.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 10:05 AM »

Snowspeeder Luke is in wave 2 of the carded TBS 40th Anniversary TESB wave.

Thanks, Jayson.  I'm pretty sure I heard about this from either you or Jeff, but didn't want to assume...  ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 04:38 PM »
A 6” scale snowspeeder seems like it’s within the realm of possibility.  And a pack-in Dak Ralter is a cool bonus, too.  And IIRC there has been a rumor circulating about a 6” Snowspeeder pilot Luke Skywatcher, too.

I've backed away from the 6 inch line. But, I have to have that snow speeder. Looks fantastic!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 02:42 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Black Series Snowspeeder with 6" Dak Ralter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 05:32 PM »
JediDefender sponsored links:

Amazon.com - $119.99
Entertainment Earth - $119.99 w/Free USA Shipping

Press Release and Press Pics:

STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES SNOWSPEEDER Vehicle AND DAK RALTER Figure
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $119.99/Available: Summer 2020)
Fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS Galaxy with this premium STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES SNOWSPEEDER Vehicle AND DAK RALTER Figure, inspired by STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Featuring a 2-crew cockpit, retractable landing gear, and a harpoon and tow cable, STAR WARS fans and collectors can display this vehicle and highly poseable figure, featuring 4 fully articulated limbs and premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection.  Includes vehicle, figure, and accessory. Available at Hasbro Pulse, Amazon, Entertainment Earth, and Big Bad Toy Store.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 11:45 PM by Jeff »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 08:50 PM »
Along with the Falcon, the Snowspeeder was the only other Star Wars vehicle I had as a kid, so it has always been one of my favorites. Even with space ever dwindling, I don’t think I can pass on this. It looks great too.

Side note, it really shows the shift in popular scales where - outside of the little TVC we saw - everything else (Black Series, Marvel Legends, Ghostbusters, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers) is 6” scale. It does make me worry a little about the longevity of 3 3/4” stuff. It seems like the rest of the lines generally have a $10 “kid” line, and a $20-25 “collector” line.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 11:43 AM »
That Snowspeeder looks amazing!  It seems like a big and even more detailed version of the TVC/Saga one we got about a decade ago.  No way I’m passing this up.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 11:15 AM »
This might be the coolest Star Wars thing every made.  So impressed with the idea and the execution.  I'll probably get one.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 11:53 AM »
Anyone know if this is still slated for a July 2020 release? It can’t be that far out as there are already product reviews appearing on YouTube and Hasbro Pulse is showing in stock.