Author Topic: Shipping Experiences?  (Read 4693 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Shipping Experiences?
« Reply #30 on: April 3, 2021, 11:06 PM »
They must’ve come factory direct.🤔
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2021, 05:12 PM »
Not sure where to put this one...

It appears Target has gone full on Amazon with its fulfillment in some ways.

I ordered stuff from Target.com the other day and it was just delivered by a random dude in an SUV.  It looks to have gone from a distribution center in Indianapolis to my place in the Minneapolis area, and appears to have never left the Target ecosystem.  There are no USPS, UPS, FedEx or other labels - it appears to be a Target only internal label and tracking ID.

I'm not sure what that means for us collectors, but maybe that efficiency and control of their own delivery ecosystem will mean better delivery, more availability, and lower cost of things like the Rogue One X-Wing.

Maybe this has been going on for awhile, but I believe this is the first time that I've received something from Target that didn't go through a third party delivery system.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 05:38 PM »
I bought a lego Imperial Shuttle on eBay a few weeks ago from a seller in Kentucky (I'm in Chicago) and some random guy dropped it off in a Target bag.

He said it was being delivered by "Shipt Shopper"... No idea how he made money with this thing, but also, what if I wasn't home?  The guy's just leaving a Lego set in a Target bag on my doorstep in the middle of the city? 

Not a fan.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2021, 06:03 PM »
I ordered stuff from Target.com the other day and it was just delivered by a random dude in an SUV.  It looks to have gone from a distribution center in Indianapolis to my place in the Minneapolis area, and appears to have never left the Target ecosystem.  There are no USPS, UPS, FedEx or other labels - it appears to be a Target only internal label and tracking ID.

Target is starting to leverage their "Shipt" shoppers to deliver items. Here's a little bit more -

"The retailer earlier this year began testing home package delivery from a new sorting center in its hometown of Minneapolis. Workers in that center group packages by zone and hand some over to drivers for Shipt, who use their own cars for deliveries."

We had one of these deliveries earlier this month with a Target.com order.  If it's cheaper for Target and helps keep their costs down so they keep offering me free shipping with my red card, then I'm all for it.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2021, 06:11 PM »
I figured it was probably a Shipt delivery guy, but was extra surprised when I saw that it came all the way from Indianapolis via Target internal operations.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 9, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Anybody ever had an Amazon package from Amazon, that stayed in the Amazon ecosystem (no USPS or UPS delivery), fail to arrive once it was shipped and then get marked as undeliverable?

My Mando Supercommando shipped end of last week, moved between a couple of local distribution centers, and then was marked "undeliverable" yesterday.  I live in the city and between my wife and I probably get Amazon packages three+ times a week and we've never had one fail to get delivered.  And of course this item is out of stock and can't be re-preordered.

I'm going to give it another day or two and then send them a note.  I've never seen anything like this even after receiving hundreds of Amazon packages.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: September 9, 2022, 04:23 PM »
Anybody ever had an Amazon package from Amazon, that stayed in the Amazon ecosystem (no USPS or UPS delivery), fail to arrive once it was shipped and then get marked as undeliverable?

My Mando Supercommando shipped end of last week, moved between a couple of local distribution centers, and then was marked "undeliverable" yesterday.  I live in the city and between my wife and I probably get Amazon packages three+ times a week and we've never had one fail to get delivered.  And of course this item is out of stock and can't be re-preordered.

I'm going to give it another day or two and then send them a note.  I've never seen anything like this even after receiving hundreds of Amazon packages.

I've definitely never seen it happen and I feel like I get just as many.
"This is the way."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 9, 2022, 04:38 PM »
I get a lot of shipping supplies from Amazon, and it is probably a couple shipments a week. So same boat as you.

That being said, I have had packages go missing and get marked undeliverable twice in the past 3 years. One was just envelopes, the other had an aerosol spray can in it. Both were replaced with no problem, too.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 9, 2022, 04:56 PM »
That happened to us once with a food product my wife ordered. I assumed it probably got damaged on way here.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: September 9, 2022, 09:39 PM »

I had one earlier this year.  I got a 'oops running late' style email and then it was marked as undeliverable.  I can't recall what it was, but I know the refund part went smoothly.

The "undeliverable" label can mean a lot of things.  In a case like yours where it's not an address issue, it probably means your delivery guy damaged or lost the package or maybe someone swiped it off his truck or something.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2022, 10:06 AM »
I read a story in the news a couple of months ago how people in LA were stealing packages off of cargo trains.

Perhaps this is what happened?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2022, 10:19 AM »
I think it is some kind of widespread computer issue going on right now. I had a package with my Airborne Mando shipped last week that was due to arrive on the 5th, than got pushed back, and now says “your package may be lost”.

I’m scared if I cancel it and accept the refund they are offering, and then they find the package, that they will just reclaim it. I’d much rather have the figure than the cash.

Apparently this has happened to quite a few people in the last week or so based on the Twitter comments.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2022, 10:44 AM »
I've had a couple of items go missing over the past 3 or 4 years.  One was a birthday gift.  A little digging on that revealed that the handling facility where it was being processed had flooded.  A significant number of packages that were in that facility were destroyed and customers were refunded.  Another instance was a Marvel Universe figure.  It got lost in the shipping system and was never found.  Again - refund.

I can understand how this might happen.  The logistics of moving so many items every day is bound to suffer the occasional defect.  And then there are the multiple carriers.  I've had Amazon packages ship via USPS, UPS and now very frequently via Amazon's own delivery service.  90% of my shipments arrive via Amazon's service, and that's almost certainly because there's an Amazon hub about a mile from my house.

I had also heard about trains in the LA area being robbed.  I suppose when so much merchandise comes through only a few ports on the west coast it is easy to target those items before they can be distributed throughout the country.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback