Author Topic: 2020 Retro ESB Hoth Ice Planet Adventure  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2020 Retro ESB Hoth Ice Planet Adventure
« on: February 22, 2020, 11:22 PM »

STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK HOTH ICE PLANET ADVENTURE Game
(HASBRO/Ages 8 years & up/Players: 2-4/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/Available: 4/27/2020)
Bring back memories with this retro edition of the HOTH ICE PLANET ADVENTURE board game. The game is based on the original board game from Kenner released in 1980 and features artwork inspired events from the second STAR WARS movie, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. This edition of the board game includes an exclusive SNOWSPEEDER action figure. Fans can re-live STAR WARS moments from THE EMPIRE STIKES BACK as they imagine traveling around the dangerous ICE PLANET HOTH and become a JEDI KNIGHT. Using wits and the Force, players are challenged to battle the four fearsome Enemies they find along the way throughout their adventures on ICE PLANET HOTH. Who can defeat the most evil villain the EMPIRE can send against you? Gather the Force to fight and defeat DARTH VADER for the win. Available online and at specialty retailers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2020 Retro ESB Hoth Ice Planet Adventure
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 12:57 AM »
New figures mean I’m down for that.  Wish it was a little more interesting but I’ll live with it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 02:33 PM »
I'm kind of cool with the "new" retro figure coming a game gag. Better than having the "new" figure take up a regular release slot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Love it Love it Love it!

Its a Walmart Exclusive.

Hate it Hate it Hate it!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:57 AM »
In case anyone wants to just order this online - it's listed as "In Stock" on WalMart.com - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Hoth-Ice-Planet-Adventure-Game/314847949

I just ordered two for myself, one to keep MIB (as shipped) and one so I can display the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke MOC with the rest of the ESB Retro Collection. I did the same thing with the ANH Death Star game.

Unlike the Escape the Death Star game, I never had this one when I was a kid, so I may have to actually break this game out and give it a try.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 09:25 AM »
Thanks for posting that.  I managed to get a preorder in for the game and Hoth Han.  3 down, 4 to go.