Author Topic: We need more VTC figures!  (Read 3683 times)

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
We need more VTC figures!
« on: April 20, 2021, 09:22 AM »
I was watching Rogue One a bit last night and its a shame all the fun characters that they never made.  In particular it'd be great to get a pile of the rebel pilots and the rebel soldiers. 

It'd be nice to see them do a kitbash/repaint of General Merrick's whole Blue Squadron in a set.  They could reuse a lot of parts and do new heads and helmets for them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: We need more VTC figures!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 10:52 AM »
I think a TVC ROGUE ONE Rebel Pilots 3-pack or even a Battle of Scarif 3-pack would be great.  The number of characters to choose from is enormous!  So many of the pilots have speaking roles, as do a bunch of the Rebel Pathfinders.  And the flight suits of the Blue Squadron pilots look really cool, and totally work in-universe when you compare them to other Rebel Pilots in ANH, TESB and ROTJ.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Anything Hasbro can do to get us more 3.75" figures from Rogue One and Solo would be 100% A-OK with me.  So sad how underrepresented those two movies are on my action figure shelves.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 11:26 AM »
Anything Hasbro can do to get us more 3.75" figures from Rogue One and Solo would be 100% A-OK with me.  So sad how underrepresented those two movies are on my action figure shelves.

The Rise of Skywalker would like a word.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 05:24 PM »

The Rise of Skywalker would like a word.

Solo has four TVC figures.  Skywalker has six, although one is just a re-release and one is just a variant with more weapons.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 07:10 PM »
Solo has four TVC figures.  Skywalker has six, although one is just a re-release and one is just a variant with more weapons.

TVC has nothing to do with it.

Solo has dozens of figures overall.  There were tons of 5-POA figures, two packs, multi-packs, 3 or 4 vehicles, and occupies a crammed 2 feet on my shelves. 

Skywalker has like 10 figures total and occupies about 30 square inches.  It's hideously underserved in this scale compared to literally every other Star Wars movie ever made.  Hasbro ignored it.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 07:11 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 07:43 PM »
5 POA doesn't count.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 12:04 AM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 10:39 AM »
3.75" figures are 3.75" figures.  At least there WAS a dedicated 3.75" figures line for SOLO.  The Rise of Skywalker got shafted.  And Hasbro's offerings for TROS were in danger of being outnumbered by the TROS figures in a Disney droid 4-pack!

As for Hasbro paying homage to the 5th anniversary of Rogue One?  Still waiting.  One figure and one vehicle are nice, but not anything notable as far as a focus on one movie.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Yeah, I'm no fan of 5poa figures, but Quay Tolsite is a great figure, and the tripod laser that comes with Lando and the Kessel guard is a pretty awesome little thing.

I'm also really hoping for some RO love for the anniversary. Really need Baze and Bodhi for sure, but I also really want a Krennic. Probably one of my biggest Imperial wants from that movie. It would also be a great opportunity for Hasbro to rerelease Tarkin with photoreal and better color matching on the skirt area (there's probably a more accurate name for that part of the uniform, but it escapes me). Some of the guerillas, most notably Saw Guererra would be excellent.

This will be unpopular, but I would kill for a photoreal update on Jyn.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 01:02 PM »
There are so many great opportunities for figures from the last few movies. 

I really wish that if Hasbro has decided not to pursue building out these figures, I wish they'd come up with a creative contract to sub-license this out to someone else to drive it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2021, 02:11 PM »
There are so many great opportunities for figures from the last few movies. 

I really wish that if Hasbro has decided not to pursue building out these figures, I wish they'd come up with a creative contract to sub-license this out to someone else to drive it.

And with ten Disney SW properties revving up, it's going to get much worse. 

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 03:01 PM »
I spun this discussion off the Blue X-wing thread...

And with ten Disney SW properties revving up, it's going to get much worse. 

It's the law of diminishing returns.  And everyone wants something different.

What is our current rate for TVC?  Maybe 6 waves of 4 figures a year.  Let's be even more generous and say Hasbro can get 8 4-figure waves out.  So 32 figures in a max year for the TVC line.

32 figures where 16 will be new and 16 will be "refresh/repack/photo real/updates" because of profit margin needs.  16 "new" figures to get spread out over 11 movies, 3-4 animated series, and the new TV Shows.  They are going to be hopelessly behind forever from here on out as the galaxy keeps expanding but the 3.75" line shrinks.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 03:54 PM »
I'm fine with 5POA, 7POA, 9.5POA, or 14POA if reducing articulation helps them get out more figures.  It sure would be nice, but I don't feel they absolutely need to be Vintage Collection 14 POA.

I know they've got their singular assortment of TVC these days and probably don't want to add a second, but they've got to find a way to get more all new figures out.

I've said this before, but they should go back to a battle pack / multi-pack method, even with store exclusives if necessary, and have themed releases if they don't want to have a second carded figure line.  I'd buy every 5-pack of 5POA figures they create that are all or mostly new figures, and it would be so easy to run down the list of the recent movies and D+ shows to put these together.  We could probably name six 5-packs from just the Mandalorian that we'd line up to buy on release day.

If Hasbro doesn't want to do this then Disney should and release them via their ShopDisney app and put them in the parks.  Their 5-pack of droids was fantastic (except for it being a park exclusive).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:55 PM by Dave »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 04:26 PM »
I think they'd rather just have you buy their super cheap retro figures.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram